News Phone call from Microsoft - This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a Phone Call from an Indian Bloke saying he was from Them.

He said there was a Big Virus thing that was going been put out this week that put Hacking stuff on your Computer and Will Delete everything. Then he asks you to check Event Screen and Ask to See Errors and then ask you to go on the Net to try Microsoft Defender. Then I hung up as I thought this is a Con or Scam.

Just warning people that this could happen

Last edited:
Got a Phone Call from an Indian Bloke saying he was from Them.

He said there was a Big Virus thing that was going been put out this week that put Hacking stuff on your Computer and Will Delete everything. Then he asks you to check Event Screen and Ask to See Errors and then ask you to go on the Net to try Microsoft Defender. Then I hung up as I thought this is a Con or Scam.

Just warning people that this could happen
Get them all the time, tell them I only have Apple.
But normally you can tell a call is from overseas as there is a pause after you answer, I immediately hang up.
There is another one supposedly from Telsta.
They just want to get hold of your computer.

I must have had about 5 calls from 'Microsoft' and 2 from 'Telstra'. This scam is several year's old. Supposedly at one time the ringleaders were busted, though as I got a call about one month later, it was obvious they were still out there. What sort of person falls for this scam? The last 'Telstra' call I got was at 11pm. How stupid do they think I am to believe that Telstra would call so late at night!

Get them all the time, tell them I only have Apple.
But normally you can tell a call is from overseas as there is a pause after you answer, I immediately hang up.
There is another one supposedly from Telsta.
They just want to get hold of your computer.

I was using a Apple and I told them that but they kept on going on about Checking my Window computer. That had not been on the Net for over a Year.

Yeah - I read they want to get Information about your Computer so the can be help Ransom and try and get money off you. That what I have Read

I must have had about 5 calls from 'Microsoft' and 2 from 'Telstra'. This scam is several year's old. Supposedly at one time the ringleaders were busted, though as I got a call about one month later, it was obvious they were still out there. What sort of person falls for this scam? The last 'Telstra' call I got was at 11pm. How stupid do they think I am to believe that Telstra would call so late at night!

Older People who don’t know much about Computers

Just tell them you don't have a computer.
I did, he called me a liar and hung up.

I said I only had a Mac Connected to the Internet and he still was an Idiot and say of on the Non-Net Computer still

Remove this Banner Ad

Back