Opinion Pick 5* 2024 – Who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 5*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth remembering too that this isn't Twomey's phantom draft, it's just who he rates as the best players. Phantom draft comes later

Think the other would be gone by our pick, no? That list is including Ashcroft.
Our choice of Draper or Draper at #5 oh baby.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll chime in considering they're my two favourites. I think Smith is more of a sure thing to become a gun AFL player, and I'd say he's perhaps the 'smarter' footballer of the two. Whereas I'd argue that, if both players reach their potential, Draper might be a better fit in terms of our skill deficits (while Smith is also pretty quick, Draper explodes out of stoppages and carries the ball more). Smith's disposal might (?) be a bit cleaner at this stage, but the metres gained damage will come more from Draper.

I'd be thrilled with either though.
Pretty much exactly how I feel. I think Smith is safe as houses, safest pick in the entire draft. I think Draper has a bit higher ceiling but a lower floor than Smith. Draper fits a bit better cause of his burst but its not like Smith isnt twitchy and cant run either. I really wouldnt care which.

Last edited:

I doubt we'd split pick 5 if anything we would be trading picks to get to pick 5, not the other way around.
Yes I agree they would, just sharing what I'd like to see. Hoping a team gets carried away and offers overs for a pick. Even sliding pick 9 back a couple of spots to get an early second rounder is appealing as I think we can still get a player we want and another quality player with it. Just where I see our list at.

Draper and Smith are the two top, but the way Draper moves through and out of the contest is unreal, plus he looks to have good vision and skills to really set a team up offensively.

Smith looks like a safe bet to accumulate a lot and use it well, no doubt looks like he will be a good player. Draper looks like he could be the kind who can just take a game away from a team though.

Draper and Smith are the two top, but the way Draper moves through and out of the contest is unreal, plus he looks to have good vision and skills to really set a team up offensively.

Smith looks like a safe bet to accumulate a lot and use it well, no doubt looks like he will be a good player. Draper looks like he could be the kind who can just take a game away from a team though.
I shouldn't get excited though, could see both falling to our pick and us taking Armstrong somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Pick 5* 2024 – Who do you want?

Back