Opinion Pick 5* 2024 – Who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 5*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jagga Smith looks like a jet. Handball vision reminds me a lot of Oliver. Can see a time when it takes 400 handballs to exit a centre square stoppage with these two stuck in a handball loop.

Doesn't seem to just run and bomb it when he accelerates out of clearance though, looks for a target by foot..

Jagga Smith looks like a jet. Handball vision reminds me a lot of Oliver. Can see a time when it takes 400 handballs to exit a centre square stoppage with these two stuck in a handball loop.

Doesn't seem to just run and bomb it when he accelerates out of clearance though, looks for a target by foot..
Need to get that out of him, he should learn Oliver's snap over the shoulder. Perhaps he could live with Oliver to get him settled into our culture.

Such lies. If I recall correctly you wanted to trade 5 & 9 for pick 1 just to guarantee getting him. Generational talent you said. Big body mids only apply you said. Wouldn't even offer a puny player like Reid a rookie spot you said. I could be wrong though...
Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 11.16.28 AM.png
Can't go wrong with this bloke

ESPN phantom draft (probably have NFI) but they have us getting Langford at 5 then Reid at 9. Seems like that would be a good result?

Richmond taking Lalor at 1, North taking Tauru at 2 (surely they'd trade back?)

ESPN phantom draft (probably have NFI) but they have us getting Langford at 5 then Reid at 9. Seems like that would be a good result?

I'm all for Langford and don't mind Reid, so I'd be happy with that.

Yeah, this was almost certainly written by a Richmond fan lol:
  • Jagga sliding to the Tigers at 7
  • Armstrong sliding to the Tigers at 14
  • Trainor sliding to the Tigers at 22
Langford and Reid wouldn't be a bad result overall, but not if we were passing up Smith.

I'm all for Langford and don't mind Reid, so I'd be happy with that.
If that's who we end up with then i agree, i'd be really happy. Its a bit of a re-build on the run and sets the midfield up nicely for the future. But I will say, that if Jagga Smith is still on the board and we don't take him. That's a mistake. That kid is elite, his absolute ceiling may not be as high as Langford, but he's as close to a sure thing as you get.

Last edited:

Better than Wolfman's 'melbourne crying out for a forward' so will take Armstrong. With Reid and Langford going next.

If that's who we end up with then i agree, i'd be really happy. Its a bit of a re-build on the run and sets the midfield up nicely for the future. But I will say, that if Jagga Smith is still on the board and we don't take him. That's a mistake. That kid is elite, his absolute ceiling may not be as high as Langford, but he's as close to a sure thing as you get.
Oh of course, but there's almost zero chance Jagga slides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our mids are all one paced now... without drafting two more slow to one paced types ontop...

Gawd we will be back in the pack, as the game gets more free flowing.
I think you're conflating speed with an ability to operate in space and think quickly.

Bont and Pendles aren't the fastest players around, but they find space and use it well. I think Langford (and probably Reid) can do that as well.

We don't need someone with leg speed for the sake of leg speed.

Reid still very high on all the experts boards so I’m probably wrong on him.

Sounds like they think he’s more of a creative forward though which is interesting.

We could very well take him at 5 or 9.

If we take Langford, Smillie at 5, would be good with Reid or Hotton at 9 as a good balance.

Who would he our core next gen mids?
  1. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Langford, Reid?
  2. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Smillie, Reid?
  3. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Langford, Rivers, Hotton?
  4. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Smillie, Hotton?
  5. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Smith, Hotton?
Options 1, 2 and 5 look the best I think. With a midfield like that we can turn our attention to going hard for FA talls.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Pick 5* 2024 – Who do you want?

Back