Opinion Pick 5* 2024 – Who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 5*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we take Langford, Smillie at 5, would be good with Reid or Hotton at 9 as a good balance.

Who would he our core next gen mids?
  1. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Langford, Reid?
  2. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Smillie, Reid?
  3. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Langford, Rivers, Hotton?
  4. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Smillie, Hotton?
  5. Windsor, Tholstrupp, Rivers, Smith, Hotton?
Options 1, 2 and 5 look the best I think. With a midfield like that we can turn our attention to going hard for FA talls.

On exposed form, I'd rather see Laurie than Tholstrup in the guts

I rate Judd as highly as anyone but is there anything tangible that makes people assume he will/should be a mid in the future?

He's such a gun defender, I'd be loathe to move him tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The only reason for him to play in the middle is because we're desperate to see something different. I don't think he gets midfield time at most teams. Draft two gun mids and let McVee play his best position.

On exposed form, I'd rather see Laurie than Tholstrup in the guts

Well we paid heavily for Tholstrupp. Assume intention for him is to play that mid-forward role.

Having Tholstrupp may make us pass up on Langford, do we really need 3 brutes playing the same role? 4 if you throw in Sparrow.

Speaking of Laurie though, think he needs more exposure and can provide us with a good point of difference. Looking forward to laser Laurie in 2025.

McVee is still super young dont forget.

I could see a time when in the not too distant future where Viney moves on, Trac spends more time forward and Oliver is traded.

With the need for a bit more run and carry I reckon McVee could definitely start getting more midfield minutes soon.

Wouldn’t shock me if we end up with Lindsay or Travaglia with our second pick either - and they’d would take on McVees current role off half back.
I would have happily binned Oliver and Viney and played him more middle I just don't see out coaches doing it. More likely Salem and Sparrow go in

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Pick 5* 2024 – Who do you want?

Back