Picks for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Just wondering what picks you guys are looking for in 2012.

For me, my definite locks at this stage includes:

Swan
Rockliff
Luey
H-Mac
Barlow
Pendles
Gibbs

Very early, but I am curious to see who you are considering for 2012.

Swan
Boyd
Rockliff
Pendles
Gibbs
Birchall>Suckling next year imo. I'll have to see how they look though.
Goodes
Franklin
Fyfe

With no byes next year, I'll be loading up with players from my team again, because it's more fun. :)

Scotland
Gibbs
Carazzo (if he's still in our best 22)
Murphy
Judd
Kruezer (depending on his pre-season form)
Walker (only if he's a forward) prob only SC though
Yarran (only if he's a defender) prob only SC though

The following will hold their spots in 2012
Goddard
Enright (maybe)
Heppell (if he keeps his B/M status)
Swan
Boyd
Mitchell
Pendles
Cox
Fyfe (only if he keeps his M/F status) won't consider if he's mid only
Chapman
Franklin

The following will be delisted from my squad
Gilbert
R Murphy
Didak
Bartel (unless he gets M/F status)
Sandi
NRoo
Okeefe
Sylvia
Petrie (if he loses his Ruck DP link)
ALL the 2011 rookies (except Heppell)

Possible New recruits
Birchall
Ablett
Rockliff
Barlow
Selwood
Thomas
SJ
Zaharakis (if he keeps his M/F DP)
Cloke
Goodes (maybe)

a few more WCE players probably. Predominantly players from top 6-8 teams.. unless player is an out and out DT gun of course.

If Fev is picked up in the draft, he should be dirt cheap based on his 2010 average and being out of the game for a year. I'm thinking 114-124k? bit like with Harris' price this year. Will pick him up for the LULZ if he's at rookie price to be the mascot for my fwd bench. :):thumbsu:

If Fev is picked up in the draft, he should be dirt cheap based on his 2010 average and being out of the game for a year. I'm thinking 114-124k? bit like with Harris' price this year. Will pick him up for the LULZ if he's at rookie price to be the mascot for my fwd bench. :):thumbsu:

Fev...he should be dirt cheap and if he's picked up in the draft, I'll slide him into my side for 2012 :)

Didak (if he has a full pre season) will be one of the first picked for me. Will be cheaper than usual and has showed the last two weeks he can still score well.

Dustin Martin should get M/F DPP next year. If he does I will seriously look into him. Fyfe also a lock.

Delist/Won't be picking again

Montagna
Bartel
Cox (time for the next generation to step up i think)

Plays that are on the radar

Barlow
Hayes
Rioli
Scully (if he goes to GWS then won't be interested)
Shuey
Gaff
Heppell
Grimes

If Bickley stays on as Adelaide coach I'll be looking closely at the prices of Gunston and Van Berlo.

Gunston looks ready to make the leap and VB has had a role change under Bickley that has lead to some great scores. Both worth considering I reckon, as always - depending on the price.

Oh, and Mumford and Luey in the rucks for me next year.

A lot depends if players retain their forward / back / dpp eligibility. That said, I'll work on assumptions of players being the same as this year, since it's asll we have.

Backs:
Deledio
Gibbs
Birchall
Heppell

Mids:
Rockliff
Swan
Pendlebury
Barlow
Hayes (should be cheap, depends on pre-season)
Ablett
Martin or Cotchin

Rucks:
Goldstein
Leuenburger

Forwards:
Franklin
Cooke
Fyfe
Zaharakis
Fevola (if he's picked up - should be dirt cheap after missing a year and averaging **** all the year before - good cash cow)

Black-listed:
Higgins
Grimes
Brennan (from last year)

Won't pick due to poor 2011s / age:
Chapman
Pavlich
Goodes
Bartel
Montagna
Didak
Davis
Enright
Cox (will more likely than not come back to bite me)

Subscribed.

Didn't play this year due to the byes and year 12, looking forward to setting up a money league and having a crack next year however!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want to keep from this year:

Pendles
Boyd
Ablett
Priddis
Thompson
Zaharakis
Suckling
Goddard
Cox
Cloke
Goodes
Deledio
Barlow
Heppell
Mzungu
I.Smith

Definately delisting:

Harvey
Hodge
Mackie
Ottens
Pavlich

Want to pick up:

Swan (traded him for Pendles)
Luey
Mitchell
Rockliff/Redden
Goldstein
Birchall
Gibbs
Scotland
Murphy
Shiels
Fyfe

Will be looking at:

Shuey
Fevola (if drafted)
Gaff
Dangerfield
Sloane
S Selwood
Waters
Cotchin
Martin
Grimes
Trengove
Scully
Nahas
Adcock

Gaff, Didak, Fyfe, Rockliff and Leunberger Cloke will definetly come in (not thinking of the Salary cap at the moment)
Riewoldt, Scotland, Sylvia, Pavlich, Judd and Goodes will be delisted from my DT team.

Rookies to be looked at will be Shiel, Treloar, Coniglio, Tom Mitchell, Tyson, Clifton

Midpricers/Premiums to consider Dustin Martin, Cotchin, Van Berlo, Vince, Rich, Beams, Shiels, Mitchell, Scott Selwood

Players thinking of retaining: Ablett, Deledio, Gibbs, Johnson, Goldstein, Heppell, Bock, Swan, Pendlebury.

I still consider Grimes at his price, should be quite cheap. Add Higgins and Sandilands to the above list.

Cant see why Sylvia is on that list? he will be under priced IMO and just needs to get his head right.

Hopefully the setup gets a change. 6 backs, 6 Forwards, 1 ruck and 9 midfielders. I think this is probably the best way to get some diversity amongst the teams. So many midfielders in contention. Making it one ruck may actually make for hard decisions. HMAC, Leuy, Mumford, Goldy, Cox or someone else?

Will be interesting to see if Scully and Ward go to premium status or struggle at GWS. It hasnt really affected Rischa, Ablett, Brennan ect this year although they are all more hardened experienced bodies.

Ok I won't remention people that have been spoken about lots on this thread.

But I will also be looking at

A. Swallow (has finished the year strong, Soft spot as I had him this year and never managed to get rid of him but hey, 2 130+ scores as unique finals mid)

Butcher (seems to know how to get the ball)

Dalhaus (depending on price, Plays hard, tackles well, works his backside off)

Lake (will watch pre Season)

Sidebottom (Issue with too many guns at Collingwood taking Ball is only concern)

Ryder (turned form around at end of season and I would assume Essendon might shop around one of their talls)

I'm locking in Beams - is looking like becoming what I thought he would.

Also will lock in Redden

So many great midfielders for next year. Gotta have either Redden/Rockliff. Ablett will be cheap and with a solid preseason should get back to averaging 115. Then put in the obvious Swan, Pendles, Murphy, Boyd etc. and we could be starting with over 5 premium midfielders!!

Lake will be a pass for me.

Will consider Fev if only he gets drafted and will use him just for the purpose of him being a cash cow, then trade him midseason when his price peaks to a fallen premium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back