Michael Moore said:
forget Collingwood giving up pick#7

take pick#23 or he can go into PSD

l'd prefer a youngster like Monfries before giving it up

if Simmonds commits to Richmond in the PSD the he comes to us for free

I think i'd rather take pick 7...

save your lower picks for hacks like Mark Bolton :D

Weird.

I wouldn't be giving up half of what's been mooted on here for Smith. I rate him, but he's 28 FFS!

I'd be hoping we've managed our salary cap to be able to easily ensure him in the pre-season draft. Front load his contract to read $700,000 in year one and who's going to touch him?!!

If we got him via that means, I'd be happy. But pick 7 shouldn't be tampered with and pick 23 is too heavy too.

FIGJAM said:
If we got him via that means, I'd be happy. But pick 7 shouldn't be tampered with and pick 23 is too heavy too.

yeah joel smith is a complete dud, and you are guarranted a star at pick 23
:rolleyes:

what the ******** is going on? you have jolly move for a 1st rounder, you have the likes of moloney being shopped around for a 1st rd pick, and all of a sudden Smith a dual AA is a dud? fair enough you team might want to go down the youth path, but for ******** sake, pick 7 is a bargain.

Geez some Pie fans have short memories...Just a year ago Smith kept Tarrant (in career best form) to 2 possessions and no marks. Smith is 27 - the same age as Clement - only Smith is a two time All Australian, where Clement has only achieved that once.

Would Pie supporters give up Clement for pick 23? Pfft. Not likely.

Get real Pie fans. You have NO chance of picking him up in the PSD, Richmond, us or the Bulldogs would take him before he got anywhere near you - it's already been shown that we have plenty of cap space.

Last deal i heard was Smith + pick 10 for picks 7 +23.

Any other time i'd flat out say no to that, but given our youth policy i could be talked into it.

Hodge_is_God said:
Geez some Pie fans have short memories...Just a year ago Smith kept Tarrant (in career best form) to 2 possessions and no marks. Smith is 27 - the same age as Clement - only Smith is a two time All Australian, where Clement has only achieved that once.

Would Pie supporters give up Clement for pick 23? Pfft. Not likely.

Get real Pie fans. You have NO chance of picking him up in the PSD, Richmond, us or the Bulldogs would take him before he got anywhere near you - it's already been shown that we have plenty of cap space.

Last deal i heard was Smith + pick 10 for picks 7 +23.

Any other time i'd flat out say no to that, but given our youth policy i could be talked into it.

With the difference being that clement was AA THIS year, Smith wasnt, the most id offer is pick 23 straight swap, or pick him up in the psd

silverphoenix said:
With the difference being that clement was AA THIS year, Smith wasnt, the most id offer is pick 23 straight swap, or pick him up in the psd

He was AA last year. Wow, massive difference. At his best, Smith is a better player than Clement, deal with it.

silverphoenix said:

good luck when you have 3 clubs with the cap room to take him

I have a feeling the talk will be Pick 7 for Smith + Pick 10. Maybe dud O'Bree thrown in.

If this is the case I presume the midfielder we're looking at might still be around by 10. I hope so anyway.

Pick 7 for Smith straight up is madness, not gunna happen, no point discussing any further.

Lockyer24 said:
Pick 7 for Smith straight up is madness, not gunna happen, no point discussing any further.

why? aren't you suppose to be premiership threat? if so, its a good deal considering some of the players that have moved so far for over the top picks, smith would be the best player to move so far this trading period if you got him.

Lockyer24 said:
I have a feeling the talk will be Pick 7 for Smith + Pick 10. Maybe dud O'Bree thrown in.

Would you trade Clement for an increase from pick 10 -> pick 7?

Forget O'Bree - we have a youth policy (hence why players like Smith and Lekkas are up for trade in the first place), no one over 25 will be considered.

silverphoenix said:
And if players like TJ, Ottens, Simmonds and Smith are all in the PSD, who are teams going to go for 1st?

in order:

rich: simmonds/smith/ottens
haw: ottens/simmonds/smith
wb: ottens/smith/simmonds
you guys: tj

their you go, presuming none of the sides want ot re-sign their own first up.

now pay up!

God help Hawthorn if this is the mentality of their supporters on the value and worth of their players.

like l said, if Simmonds does go to Richmond in the PSD we get Smith for nothing

otherwise, we'll keep OUR pick#7 thanks.

only HAWTHORN are good at getting duds for top 10 picks anyway
eg.
Danny Jacobs- pick 6 (2003), Trent Croad- pick10 (2002)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge_is_God said:

Forget O'Bree - we have a youth policy (hence why players like Smith and Lekkas are up for trade in the first place), no one over 25 will be considered.

O'bree would be 25 this year :(

Hodge_is_God said:

Is Clement considering leaving us? With the possibility of his preferred destination picking him up in the PSD? No.

BTW O'Bree isn't over 25. He is 25.

Michael Moore said:
God help Hawthorn if this is the mentality of their supporters on the value and worth of their players.

like l said, if Simmonds does go to Richmond in the PSD we get Smith for nothing

hahaha explain how? we and the dogs all pick before you, do you fail to understand this.

seriously have you seen joel play with your eyes open? he has twice being AA, which means he can ********ing play, what do you pies fan fail to see?

Lockyer24 said:

If this is the case I presume the midfielder we're looking at might still be around by 10. I hope so anyway.

Deal will be Pick 7 & player for Smith & Pick 10.
If Richmond still play hard ball, can still deal Pick 10 to Geelong for Enright or Monica.

feher said:
O'bree would be 25 this year :(

26 by the start of next season. Hack regardless.

If the Pies aren't gonna budge on THEIR pick 7, i suppose we wont budge on OUR player. Worse comes to worse, we'll pick him up ourselves. Meh.

feher said:
why? aren't you suppose to be premiership threat? if so, its a good deal considering some of the players that have moved so far for over the top picks, smith would be the best player to move so far this trading period if you got him.

We can't even beat Carlton mate I doubt we are Premiership contenders.

Smith is not worth a 1st Rd Pick. Neither is Thompson or Stenglein FWIW

Lockyer24 said:
Smith is not worth a 1st Rd Pick. Neither is Thompson or Stenglein FWIW

Maybe, but you think Collingwood's going to buck the trend and get Smith (who is a far better player than either Thompson or Stenglein, arguably Carr as well) for 3 draft spots?

Michael Moore said:

otherwise, we'll keep OUR pick#7 thanks.

only HAWTHORN are good at getting duds for top 10 picks anyway
eg.
Danny Jacobs- pick 6 (2003), Trent Croad- pick10 (2002)

Going to draft Danny (he was pick 7 wasnt he?) Roach again then with it?...

Fwiw I could see the 'trade up' come into play.. but also the Woods 2nd rounder with it. You move down three places and lose your 2nd round but you do get a very good footballer (even at his 'late age') for in essence, your 2nd round pick in a comparitivly 'even' (read 'weak') draft. We get three picks in the top seven and five of the first 2 dozen.

How fair it is depends on your viewpoint.

feher said:
hahaha explain how? we and the dogs all pick before you, do you fail to understand this.

seriously have you seen joel play with your eyes open? he has twice being AA, which means he can ********ing play, what do you pies fan fail to see?

hope you don't speak for the Hawthorn masses otherwise they are in trouble.

Now read this very slowly so your two brain cells can comprehend......OK?

Richmond take Simmonds first pick

Hawthorn will NOT look at picking up Joel Smith again. Either he'll stay with Hawthorn or will move on elsewhere, so why would you even waste the pick?

Bulldogs at 92.5-95% of the TPP (salary cap) cannot afford Joel Smith at the price he'd nominate for

that leaves Collingwood...........FREE.

So, AGAIN l suggest, take pick 23 and concentrate on getting a good 2nd rounder rather than lose out totally.

either way Collingwood cannot lose BUT the same cannot be said about your team.

Michael Moore said:
hope you don't speak for the Hawthorn masses otherwise they are in trouble.

Now read this very slowly so your two brain cells can comprehend......OK?

Richmond take Simmonds first pick

Hawthorn will NOT look at picking up Joel Smith again. Either he'll stay with Hawthorn or will move on elsewhere, so why would you even waste the pick?

Bulldogs at 92.5-95% of the TPP (salary cap) cannot afford Joel Smith at the price he'd nominate for

that leaves Collingwood...........FREE.

So, AGAIN l suggest, take pick 23 and concentrate on getting a good 2nd rounder rather than lose out totally.

either way Collingwood cannot lose BUT the same cannot be said about your team.

my suggestions you take our 2nd rounder for tarrant, 3rd for rocca and 4th for buckley :rolleyes:

seriously why would we pass on smith to suit your needs? it would make a lot more sense to ******** you guys off and re-draft him, oh and the dogs i think would have no problem's fitting him in, even on their own salary cap restrictions.

Don't get me wrong Smith is a valuable player, and I'm not doubting your valuations of him.

But in the current situation you will not be offered much above what I've said previously because a) we don't desperately need him and b) theres the chance he can nominate for PSD

If a trade goes through it will be a very much Fire sale trade because Smith has quit your club...

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies after Joel Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back