Pies take complaint to the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah that was a horrible horrible decision

Fwiw, this pattern has been developing for years.

Players who see they're going to get tackled, and see numbers around them, will simply apply a really loose grip on the ball. Then when tackled, the ball simply "slips out", and it's called play on.

It's BS. Incorrect disposal should be penalised whether it was "accidental" or not.

A oppo poster recently posted the full free kick tally from this years NAB Cup.
If you are reading could you please post again.

From memory, as I can't find the original post, Collingwood were r*ped statistically.

We had 52 for and 98 against free kicks paid. We were one of the lowest, if not the lowest in the for category and the highest in the against category. With a discrepancy of 46 we had by far the largest discrepancy.
I think the next highest was 17 in the negative.
I won't bet on these being correct but the figures are in these ranges.

With a record like this I would be expecting our club to ask the question.

Why?

i just cant believe the boundary umpire on that daisy goal, i was sitting right there and im 100% sure he was in and so were the adelaide fans when he kicked that goal that wouldve won it for us he was in , why do the umpires always steal daisys goals he kicks on the boundary.
When the umpire took his goal away the adelaide fans couldnt believe it how lucky they were.
Disgraceful umpiring again:thumbsdown: we shouldve complaint about it ,i seen on the fifth quarter the frees this year were 66-116 thats way too far shameon u umpires:thumbsdown::mad:

Do you think we would be bringing this to the AFL's attention if we had won?

I doubt it.

This is the whole point though,, we lost by just 4 points.
I could confidently say that there was at least 8 frees we should have had. About 5 Adelaide shouldn't have had and this easily would have changed the outcome of the game.

We would have/should have won.

Umpires aside i think it was a woeful effort all round anyway, we probably didnt deserve to win going by general play but the umpires sure didnt make it easy.

i just cant believe the boundary umpire on that daisy goal, i was sitting right there and im 100% sure he was in and so were the adelaide fans when he kicked that goal that wouldve won it for us he was in , why do the umpires always steal daisys goals he kicks on the boundary.
When the umpire took his goal away the adelaide fans couldnt believe it how lucky they were.
Disgraceful umpiring again:thumbsdown: we shouldve complaint about it ,i seen on the fifth quarter the frees this year were 66-116 thats way too far shameon u umpires:thumbsdown::mad:

I actually work with that particular boundary umpires old man.
I wasnt at the game, but the view on tv was inconclusive. It looked much the same as Thomas' Non Goal v StKilda in 07

But nonetheless, i did threatened (jokingly) that i wanted to find out where his son lives!!! lol

I've never once complained about the Dale Thomas goal, I think it was the most subjective of all the allegedly incorrect decisions. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was in or out. I'd also like to point out that I never blamed the umps when we lost to North last year, despite the "outrage" over the terrible bounce. We lost that game because we didn't take our opportunities. In the case of this match...

Just getting a correct decision on;
a) the Dale Thomas mark that was given as a FA
b) the Tyson Edwards dropped ball that was given as a FF
c) the Alan Didak tackle on a player who didn't mark the ball, but was given a mark and 50 for no reason
d) the Bock 50 for no apparent reason
e) the Stevens free for in the back that wasn't

... would have meant that we romped it in.

I also like how 4-5 goals worth of incorrect decisions against you "doesn't affect the result" or means "the better team won on the day" when the margin was 4 points. Some people struggle with maths.

Having said that, I agree that we just need to work on being better so we are not placed in positions where umpiring affects the outcome. Easier said than done in a very professional, salary capped competition however.

Just quietly, the free kick against Dale where he tried to take the speccy wasn't a mark. It hit the ground actually.

Add Reid's tackle at CHF that wasn't paid against the Adelaide player as dropping the ball.

I really find it infuriating when supporters lump bad play and coaching decisions with bad umpiring decisions. The logic almost translates as 'we stuffed up in several aspects of play, therefore we have to accept crap umpiring.'

I'm not a fan of the self-flagellation and the mea-culpas - of excusing sh1t umpiring decisions because we stuffed up in certain passages of play. Those umpiring issues are important in their own right. No-one is suggesting that we don't have multiple areas to work on as a team, but that should not excuse external issues like umpiring as important contributing factors.

The club has decided not to pursue the issue, but I assume that the public bru-ha-ha has given the umpiring department some pause for thought. If we see much more of this crap trend I'd like to see the club pursue it. Opposition clubs and supporters can berate us all they like for it, but who cares, no love will be lost.

I've never once complained about the Dale Thomas goal, I think it was the most subjective of all the allegedly incorrect decisions. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was in or out. I'd also like to point out that I never blamed the umps when we lost to North last year, despite the "outrage" over the terrible bounce. We lost that game because we didn't take our opportunities. In the case of this match...

Just getting a correct decision on;
a) the Dale Thomas mark that was given as a FA
b) the Tyson Edwards dropped ball that was given as a FF
c) the Alan Didak tackle on a player who didn't mark the ball, but was given a mark and 50 for no reason
d) the Bock 50 for no apparent reason
e) the Stevens free for in the back that wasn't

... would have meant that we romped it in.

I also like how 4-5 goals worth of incorrect decisions against you "doesn't affect the result" or means "the better team won on the day" when the margin was 4 points. Some people struggle with maths.

Having said that, I agree that we just need to work on being better so we are not placed in positions where umpiring affects the outcome. Easier said than done in a very professional, salary capped competition however.

Best post I've read so far. Agree completely about the Thomas out of bounds, nothing you can do about such line ball calls.

You have forgotten one other serious free kick error

- the 50 metre penalty that should have been paid to Leon Davis when 60 metres out from goal when his opponent clearly failed to throw the ball back correctly.

Six errors, six potential goals. Seven if you count the Thomas out of bounds. We lost by 4 points. The maths is undeniable.

as requested pie eyed. here it is.

Check these stats out. NAB Comp:Collingwood 4 matches 52 Frees for 98 frees against. Breakdown: Coll 15 W Coast 23: Coll 6 Rich 22: Coll 21 Ess 26: Coll 10 Geel 27 (Pies received 40% of frees in the last 3 minutes of the match). Mind you what about the missed frees THEY conveniently let go....Blatant cheating??? consipracy?? sure the better team won BUT when the game was up for grabs Those white maggot cheats F***** us AGAIN!!

Should i keep it keep it hush hush like those moronic commentators (as instructed by the AFL) who conveniently go silent whenever ANOTHER ridicoulous decicion is made against us.

Stats don't lie.... look below!!

NAB LADDER: Frees for & against/Difference/Matches

Geelong 92 For 70 Against: +22 (4) Matches
Richmond 48/34 + 14 (2)
Cheats 78/67 +11 (3) already 6 goals from frees in Rd.1 Nothing new!!
Essendon 60/50 +10 (3)
Melbourne 29/19 +10 (1)
West Coast 23/15 +8 (1)
Port 44/40 +4 (2)
Fremantle 28/26 +2 (1)
Adelaide 20/19 +1 (1)
W.Bulldogs 18/17 +1 (1)
Brisbane 36/37 -1 (2)
Kangaroos 23/27 -4 (1)
St.Kilda 20/25 -5 (1)
Sydney 15/27 -12 (1)
Hawthorn 42/57 -15 (2)
Collingwood 52/98 -46 (4)

3 Of the top 4 teams on this ladder played against the pies(Coincidence??). the other team, the cheats r up there as usual (they ranked number 1 in 2008) The pies are at the bottom (coincidence??)

P.s these stats are nothing new. it's being happening for ages!!! Umps cost us against brisbane Rd.2 last season(in fact every time we play this financially backed AFL team) Both matches against the cheats(of course), Essendon late in the season(1 ump especially who was smiling at furious pie supporters when leaving the ground), North at telstra dome, Adelaide in the finals..... & these are only in 2008 of the top of my HEAD!!

Ask yourself, how many free kicks in our FW50??? (at most 1 per week),how many in our back pocket( our majority by far), how many MISSED every week (countless), how many does the opposition get in their FW50(plenty)..especially to STOP our momentum!!

And finally..... when can you HONESTLY remember going home after the footy & say" gee those umps favoured us today"or "gee i cannot believe those umps helped us WIN"!!.....NEVER!!!!!!

P.s.s Thank God i haven't a jealous bone in my body & thank god i don't NOT barack for the pies. what a shit life that would be. i pity all of them.PITY!!

GO PIES!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess she is trying to divert the attention from the pile of manure her team is. We were not robbed, we were put over a barrel and pantzed, and everyone expects us to just sit there and take it.
They can all just go and get f'ed! I really hope that this fires up the boys and we stick it up them for the rest of the season and make it in the top two.

Umpires screwed you guys. Although the Stevens FF was the only one that was 100% incorrect (still, that's 6pts and you lost by 4). It was good to get a bit of payback after they r*ped us up the ass in last year's final.

i agree you guys were on the end of a lot of rough decisions.. but we had some bad decisions too.. just they didnt result in goals at the other end.. they could of.. but didnt..

as for that didak 50m that apparently wasnt.. i dont agree with that.. that was 50m.. vince marked the ball.. and then got tackled to the ground when trying to hold up and go behind the mark..

apart from that.. carry on..

as requested pie eyed. here it is.

Check these stats out. NAB Comp:Collingwood 4 matches 52 Frees for 98 frees against. Breakdown: Coll 15 W Coast 23: Coll 6 Rich 22: Coll 21 Ess 26: Coll 10 Geel 27 (Pies received 40% of frees in the last 3 minutes of the match). Mind you what about the missed frees THEY conveniently let go....Blatant cheating??? consipracy?? sure the better team won BUT when the game was up for grabs Those white maggot cheats F***** us AGAIN!!

Should i keep it keep it hush hush like those moronic commentators (as instructed by the AFL) who conveniently go silent whenever ANOTHER ridicoulous decicion is made against us.

Stats don't lie.... look below!!

NAB LADDER: Frees for & against/Difference/Matches

Geelong 92 For 70 Against: +22 (4) Matches
Richmond 48/34 + 14 (2)
Cheats 78/67 +11 (3) already 6 goals from frees in Rd.1 Nothing new!!
Essendon 60/50 +10 (3)
Melbourne 29/19 +10 (1)
West Coast 23/15 +8 (1)
Port 44/40 +4 (2)
Fremantle 28/26 +2 (1)
Adelaide 20/19 +1 (1)
W.Bulldogs 18/17 +1 (1)
Brisbane 36/37 -1 (2)
Kangaroos 23/27 -4 (1)
St.Kilda 20/25 -5 (1)
Sydney 15/27 -12 (1)
Hawthorn 42/57 -15 (2)
Collingwood 52/98 -46 (4)

3 Of the top 4 teams on this ladder played against the pies(Coincidence??). the other team, the cheats r up there as usual (they ranked number 1 in 2008) The pies are at the bottom (coincidence??)

P.s these stats are nothing new. it's being happening for ages!!! Umps cost us against brisbane Rd.2 last season(in fact every time we play this financially backed AFL team) Both matches against the cheats(of course), Essendon late in the season(1 ump especially who was smiling at furious pie supporters when leaving the ground), North at telstra dome, Adelaide in the finals..... & these are only in 2008 of the top of my HEAD!!

Ask yourself, how many free kicks in our FW50??? (at most 1 per week),how many in our back pocket( our majority by far), how many MISSED every week (countless), how many does the opposition get in their FW50(plenty)..especially to STOP our momentum!!

And finally..... when can you HONESTLY remember going home after the footy & say" gee those umps favoured us today"or "gee i cannot believe those umps helped us WIN"!!.....NEVER!!!!!!

P.s.s Thank God i haven't a jealous bone in my body & thank god i don't NOT barack for the pies. what a shit life that would be. i pity all of them.PITY!!

GO PIES!!!!

Thanks for that Archie.
Not too bad remembering for an old guy like me.
These figures rang alarm bells when I first saw them. If the frees are there then I have no complaints.
This would certainly give any club the right to ask WHY? though, if only to find out where we were going wrong.

I would love to see full season stats on free kicks.
Does anyone keep them or more to the point is anyone allowed to keep them and publish them?

That piece of shit canned Eddie for saying the Kevin Sheedy thing and called us petulant over the free kick situation

I watched the last 30 seconds of highlights on The Winners and saw Adelaide gifted 2 goals after we got 3 goals up and then in the last 2 minutes Leon was robbed of a 50 metre that would have put us in front

That bitch can spin that any way she wants but we were robbed!

And we all know it's f-ucking payback for challenging the Maxwell bump and embarrassing the AFL

One wonders whether in fact the AFL are so childish?

the club is doing the right thing by makng an offiicial complaint.. itll be funny to watch next week as we get get paid free kicks that arent there...

my theory is we made the afl look like the idiots that they are when we found a loophole for nick maxwell... there has (ok conspiracy theory time) been a directive to punish collingwood where it counts.. in games!

That just sums up the Collingwood base of supporters, Looking for easy options in the season.

You supporters need to harden up, And tell your precious players to be more ball orientated than man-orientated so your tought nuts like Pendlebury and Thomas stop giving away freekicks

That just sums up the Collingwood base of supporters, Looking for easy options in the season.

You supporters need to harden up, And tell your precious players to be more ball orientated than man-orientated so your tought nuts like Pendlebury and Thomas stop giving away freekicks

This takes the cake coming from a Richmond supporter. Its obvious ur mob arent man orientated cause you have been ranked in the bottom 2 clubs for the last 5 years in tackles which clearly shows u guys dont like physical contact.

Worry about ur own club, bigger issues there.

This takes the cake coming from a Richmond supporter. Its obvious ur mob arent man orientated cause you have been ranked in the bottom 2 clubs for the last 5 years in tackles which clearly shows u guys dont like physical contact.

Worry about ur own club, bigger issues there.

Wouldn't worry what club im from. I could easily change it too Geelong and it would make no difference of the matter.

But seriously, answer this truthfully.

Are umpires 'out to get' Collingwood? As in make biased or unfavorable decisions, as many of these uneducated collingwood drones in this forum have already labeled the umpires as 'cheats', when they can't actually realise Adelaide were the better team..

Wouldn't worry what club im from. I could easily change it too Geelong and it would make no difference of the matter.

Are umpires 'out to get' Collingwood? As in make biased or unfavorable decisions, as many of these uneducated collingwood drones in this forum have already labeled the umpires as 'cheats', when they can't actually realise Adelaide were the better team..

Mate, don't come on here an insult us. This is our board. If you don't like it, **** off.

And no, the umpires aren't out to get us (well I don't think so anyway), they're just not umpiring fairly. Sometimes we get the better end of the deal, but lately we've being getting ripped by them. And it cost us a match in round 1. The free kick count is totally irrelevant in this case. They had countless free kicks that directly resulted in a goal, we had none. People on this board have already detailed the decisions we're not happy about, and the absence of consistency when similar incidents happened to us. If the free kick count was 25-12 in their favour, BUT the decisions were all fair, then I couldn't care less. It's not the number, it's the decisions. There were some atrocious calls, and it cost us several goals against, and prevented several goals for.

I don't know how you can sit there and say they were the better team when they were handed several goals (wrongly), whereas we were handed NONE and were deprived of a few through incorrect calls. If we were beaten fair and square, then I'd say they were the better team. And none of this changes the fact that we DID have our chances to win the game regardless. But I'd still be sitting here saying how shit the umpires were had we capitalised on one of our late opportunities. End of story.

Adelaide are a great team, and they could have burried us in the first but for errant kicking. But they didn't. We came back into the game and took the lead and then we had a chance to burry them but missed some key shots. If you think that a 4 point win entitles a team to be called a better team then good for you. I reserve that statement when a team such as Carlscum beat your mob by over 10 goals. 4 points is neither here nor there.

And as a typical uninformed, and can not think through issues logically drone football supporter that listens to the uninformed Caro and copies everything she says, you come accross just as that in your statements.

We are debating the competancy of the umpires, which we do regardless of whether we win or lose. Its what we do as supporters. We are more enraged when we loose as their incompetence has a direct impact on the result. Now pi$$ off to your scummy sh!t hole you call punt rd oval.

Adelaide weren't the better team, except in the first quarter.

The umpires aren't 'against' us as such, they just made terribly shitty decisions that adversely affected us.

Of course umps arent out there to get us however they did make some bad decisions in the last qtr that took away goal scoring opportunities but this isnt why we lost. We lost cause we let Adelaide dominate the 1st qtr and we didnt take our chances in front of goal.
Of course Adelaide should take credit for the win, they played a great game and deserved their win.

Also it does matter that ur a Richmond supporter cause u had a crack at us in ur initial post. Perhaps put a sensible question out there and you will get a logical response

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies take complaint to the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back