Pies will go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

piesflag07

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Collingwood
Geelong have done well to avoid paying any attention to their own hype this year, but I think they've made a crucial mistake which will cost them on come Friday night. If I were Mr.Thompson I would've told the players that they weren't going to the AA dinner, and said to not read any media until the grand final was won. It's well known down at Sleepy Hollow that they've achieved nothing until they've won the flag. Now their heads are going to be so far up their arses, it's all going to come undone - the choke is upon us.

Whilst Collingwood have been resting, the big noted cats have been wined and dined by the AFL's self proclaimed experts - experts who see fit to name 9 cats yet 0 pies in the best team in the land. Enjoy your time in the sun boys. I wonder how grand a couple of AA jumpers will be in comparison to the grand final medal you could, and I repeat 'could' have won.

Geelong is the only hurdle left and normally we could not beat them on their own merit, but as it turns out, they've blown the lid too early and we will beat them easily. We will easily account for either the Roos or the Power.

COLLINGWOOD WILL WIN THE FLAG!!!

Geelong have done well to avoid paying any attention to their own hype this year, but I think they've made a crucial mistake which will cost them on come Friday night. If I were Mr.Thompson I would've told the players that they weren't going to the AA dinner, and said to not read any media until the grand final was won. It's well known down at Sleepy Hollow that they've achieved nothing until they've won the flag. Now their heads are going to be so far up their arses, it's all going to come undone - the choke is upon us.

Whilst Collingwood have been resting, the big noted cats have been wined and dined by the AFL's self proclaimed experts - experts who see fit to name 9 cats yet 0 pies in the best team in the land. Enjoy your time in the sun boys. I wonder how grand a couple of AA jumpers will be in comparison to the grand final medal you could, and I repeat 'could' have won.

Geelong is the only hurdle left and normally we could not beat them on their own merit, but as it turns out, they've blown the lid too early and we will beat them easily. We will easily account for either the Roos or the Power.

Bookmarked...

Would have thought a Carlton supporter's September diary would be all planned out by now. ;)
No, I like to watch the good teams in action so I know what I am abusing my own team for doing wrong.

If this did happen, at least opposition supporters would feel secure in the knowledge that Pies supporters would treat our unexpected success with our customary grace, balance, and good sportsmanship. :thumbsu:

Good for us.

Bookmarked...

Where did your lid go. Seems the players are out celebrating already. Nice work boys. Made it so far, but now you've blown it. You know what? I bet they've been reading bigfooty and it's your fault that they've now blown the lid too. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Looks like you will be skipping the FILTH's game this week then.
Exactly, that is why I said I would make other plans for the GF if the Pies are already there. I would have watched the Cats.

Where did your lid go. Seems the players are out celebrating already. Nice work boys. Made it so far, but now you've blown it. You know what? I bet they've been reading bigfooty and it's your fault that they've now blown the lid too. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Excuse me??? :confused: Where were they celebrating, at a compulsory AFL function?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You live in Claremont, and pretend to know whats happening in our town, and at our club. :thumbsdown:

Geelong could beat the Pies with their heads stuck up their own arses...literally. Seriously what would the Cats have done to an Eagles team missing their entire midfield and CHF? Scores Level? At bouncedown maybe. We would have understood what the Roos felt like a week before and what Collingwood fans will on Friday. But stay tuned because when Thomas, Pendlebury, Goldsack and Co mature fully you guys will be awesome. And Juddy will prob go to you too as Eddie will need a new toyboy when Bucks retires:p

1. 2 Weeks rest
  2. Didn't have to travel to Perth a week ago and play an extra 10 mins overtime against an injury ravaged team playing at 70% at their best.
  3. Smashed another close to full strength prelim finalist by over 100points.
  4. Play the G just as good as anyone.
  5. Matured bodied well rounded team.
Glad to say this... but Collingwood played their GF against the Eagles.... Geelong will decimate them...

Deep down most people know this so when it happens tomorrow night it wont be a shock at all.

1. 2 Weeks rest
  2. Didn't have to travel to Perth a week ago and play an extra 10 mins overtime against an injury ravaged team playing at 70% at their best.
  3. Smashed another close to full strength prelim finalist by over 100points.
  4. Play the G just as good as anyone.
  5. Matured bodied well rounded team.
Glad to say this... but Collingwood played their GF against the Eagles.... Geelong will decimate them...

Deep down most people know this so when it happens tomorrow night it wont be a shock at all.

The cats thought they were the real deal at the start of 2006 too. Got a bit ahead of themselves then too I think.

Collingwood have no chance for 4 qrts. They might have passion and this "playing for Len" but i haven't seen a side as evenly balanced and focused as Geelong have been since the bombers in 2000.

The pies will run out of legs come 4th qrt.

And if Geelong do lose they will have the honor as the biggest chokers in the history of the code, worst than Collingwood.

Should be a fascinating game regardless, cats by 10 goals in the end.

:thumbsu:

Totally agree, how dare he be happy at AA selection.

I heard they contacted Cameron Mooney this morning to see what he thought of his big night out, but he was busy with Nathan and Gary counting how many chickens they had in their egg cartons that they'd bought from Safeway.

I don't recall hearing or seeing anything from the Geelong players that would suggest "their heads are going to be so far up their arses". If anything they have approached every game perfectly and kept any celebrations to a minimum.

I recall hearing an interview with Cam Mooney on SEN earlier in the year and you could just tell that the players had exactly the right attitude this season. From that moment on I knew Geelong were going to be pretty much unstoppable.

The pies aren't without a chance this weekend but if you are hoping it is going to come courtesy of Geelong getting ahead of themselves then you are sadly mistaken.

Pies have as much of a chance as a Sydney horse has of Winning the Melbourne cup.

Cocky geelong supporters all year we have listen to your crap now the fun happens
Its not the players its the supporters.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies will go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back