Pineapple Hotel Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to have an issue with up north there monkey. Go back a while do you. However if Up north is who i think he is i wouldn't be inviting him to any barbies where wives and girlfriends would be or anywhere near your medicine cabinent for that matter.

only really nown him for the last year but enuff to no hes not worf spitten on.

Round 2 results

Burleigh 108 def Wilston Grange 71
Maroochy 112 def Springwood 87
Surfers 128 def Cooly 52
Palm Beach 145 def Sandgate 52
West 87 def Noosa 71
Aspley 156 def Mayne 65

Good result for Wests in the GF replay, and seems Aspley, Surfers and Palm Beach kept up their good form from Round 1. Maroochy have also started well with two close wins.

Palm Beach host Maroochy in the match of the Round next Saturday, with Springwood v Burleigh and Aspley v Noosa being other notable games.

Get to a game this weekend and give us an update if you can:thumbsu:

Caught some of the second half of the Mayne-Aspley game on Sunday. The Hornets look good, although it's always hard to judge when your opponents give it to you on a platter. Mayne were giving it a red hot go, but the skills appeared to be on the poor side.

I saw the Surfers v Mayne game, and MAyne were luck to loose by only 20 goals. Surfers were much better than Mayne, but wasted a few chances in from of goal (20.22).

Not sure where Surfers will fit in the bigger picture. They are much, much better than the bottom teams, but I look forward to seeing them up against the Wests and Palm Beach teams. I would way that they are certainly a top four chance.

Winners this week.

Surfers def Mayne (122 points)
Burleigh def Sringwood (66 points)
Aspley def Noosa (32 points)
Palm Beach def Maroochy (55 points)
West def Coolangatta (87 points)
Wilston Grange def Sandgate (83 points)

A week of big margins. Next week sees the match of the round at Surfers when they take on Wests in what will be a great test. Come down the Coast and you could watch Burleigh at home to Palm Beach at 2pm and West play Surfers at Surfers at 5pm, they will both be good games.

match of the round this week going for a smokey wilston grange vs springwood, grange looking to consolodate after shakey start the pumas not the side they used to be in for a close 1

dunno wat ur talkin bout...fingered is a an admirer of the game and doesnt play......ur u a palmy supporter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres a prediction.
Palmy will beat burleigh by 6 goals at burleigh
Magpies will beat surfers by 4-5 goals at surfers

Heres a prediction.
Palmy will beat burleigh by 6 goals at burleigh
Magpies will beat surfers by 4-5 goals at surfers

I would reckon that you would be pretty close to the mark there.

It will be a real test for Surfers tonight, I will be going out there and will post a report on the game when I get home after the match:thumbsu:

Awesome game of footy tonight at Surfers.

Wests kicked into a strong breeze during the first quarter and after Surfers kicked the first two goals, Wests played good footy for the last 15 minutes of the quarter, booting four unanswered goals to lead by 12 points at the first break.

Wests continued their good run during the second quarter and with a goal from at least 70 metres out (it did bounce through from about 25 metres) Wests took a six goal advantage into the major break.

After half time, the wind stopped, and so did Wests. the margin was reduced to 16 poiints at the third change and after only 5 minutes into the last quarter, Surfers snapped an incredible goal to take the lead for the first time since the fifteen minute mark of the first quarter.

The last 25 minutes of the match were awesome local footy. Wests took the lead back, then undisiplined play by them deep in defensive gave away a free and a 50 metre penalty which saw Surfers hit the lead again, then Surfers got out to a 8 point lead before Wests fought back again.

Scores were level at the 28 minute mark of the last quarter when Wests pushed forward and scored a behind, the match winning behind.

The final chapter was when Surfers took a mark right on the 50 metre arc, about 1 second after the siren went.

Surfers 13.11.89, Wests 13.12.90.

Great game played by both teams. Surfers player Adam Hall seemed to be reported on two seperate occasions during the match.

In other results today, Coolangatta nearly caused a major boilover, getting within 2 points of the undeafeated Aspley.

Maroochy def Sandgate by 25 goals, Noosa beat Mayne by 29 goals, Palm Beach remained undefeated beating Burleigh by 5 goals, and Wilston Grange defeated Springwood by 6 goals.

Cracker match this week probably going to be match of the round hard one to tip could go either way but with the lions at home and with 3 big names back should get the 4 points

Cracker match this week probably going to be match of the round hard one to tip could go either way but with the lions at home and with 3 big names back should get the 4 points

Having seen a fair bit of both teams thus far I would think Palmy will win by 6 goals.

Wests dropped their guard last week, Surfers are good, but Palmy are better.

Having seen a fair bit of both teams thus far I would think Palmy will win by 6 goals.

Wests dropped their guard last week, Surfers are good, but Palmy are better.
Palmy are at nearly full strength now. the competition will really sit up and take notice after what they do to surfers. 8-10 goals after leading by more.

Heard somewhere that the Gorillas coach stepped down. Anyone know what the go is here?

Further how come springwood are crap this year?

Does anyone know if Darryl "Wobbler" Robinson is still playing at Burleigh? Has a number allocated in the footy record, but haven't seen him named at all this year

Does anyone know if Darryl "Wobbler" Robinson is still playing at Burleigh? Has a number allocated in the footy record, but haven't seen him named at all this year

I believe he may be injured, but this information came from another club so may not be 100% correct. I have not seen him play though.

Gee didnt palm beach make a statement to the rest of the competition with there massive
win over surfers they were sleek quick tackled well and moved the ball extremely well hard to see anyone knocking them off

Remove this Banner Ad

Pineapple Hotel Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back