Planning for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to see Nank given a week off and then come back in for the last 2 games.

Bring in Edwards and Ryan for the 2-3 games as well. Give them a taste of AFL and the level its at and give em some extra motivation for 2025.
Edwards wouldn't be playing on ball so everyone would lose their mind. Kid looks gassed in SANFL, shows heaps of promise but needs to build his tank in SANFL and pre season first

Reckon we will just sweep this year under the carpet.
I'm sure we will. As if the decision to re-sign Nicks before the season even started wasn't stupid enough, we're now in a position where the board and club will no doubt write this year off as a blip, and Nicks will go in to next year under even more pressure and scrutiny than he would've without a contract this year.

All we've done is kicked the can down the road and wasted a year doing it.

We shouldn't win another game for the season ( not through lack of trying I am sure)

Anyone we think had a future should be getting those three games.

But i think we've been saying that for 7 years and it never happens.

If Dan Curtin doesn't play those three, the club ought to be burnt to the ground

I'm sure we will. As if the decision to re-sign Nicks before the season even started wasn't stupid enough, we're now in a position where the board and club will no doubt write this year off as a blip, and Nicks will go in to next year under even more pressure and scrutiny than he would've without a contract this year.

All we've done is kicked the can down the road and wasted a year doing it.
Can you imagine what it is going to be like if we lose Rd 1 2025

He is going to need a positive win/loss ratio the whole season to avoid scrutiny.

He hasn't done that before

Edwards wouldn't be playing on ball so everyone would lose their mind. Kid looks gassed in SANFL, shows heaps of promise but needs to build his tank in SANFL and pre season first

We gave Curtin 6% game time, but we can't give Edwards a taste of football in a dead rubber.

Shit. Give him the week off of SANFL this week and then put him in the last two weeks. Hide him in a forward pocket for 3 quarters and give him a quarter on the ball.

Its not about him performing adequately. Give him a taste of the big leagues. Let him run around and experience it. Absolutely nothing to be lost, but everything to be gained.

It’s time to look at the team we want to be playing for much of 2025 now there is no chance of making finals

I would be playing Oscar Ryan this week and give him 3-4 weeks to find his feet at this level

I would be putting a number of players with needed operations into hospital asap

I would start weeding out those players who constantly let us down when it gets tight and not play them again this year unless break glass

I would play Gollant in defence for next 2-3 weeeks. It was good he was moved there last week albeit late

I would play Curtin on the wing or in the guts with Dawson back to provide him with some experience and on field advice

I would be scouring the draft for a fast mid who can break away from stoppages and leave others in their wake

I would be getting two ruckmen for our list with one who is developmental in nature

I would be getting a small forward with pace agility and ability to hit scoreboard

I would be hitting the draft hard as it is strong and deep and with tassie coming in soon

Let’s not go down experience path soley for the optics if the players are not there

Keep draft pick4 for our use and use it well

I have other thoughts but that will do for now
Seeing what ideas our new coach has...

With the exception of Tex and Bond, I can’t see anyone who doesn’t have a contract by now getting one for 2025. How many list spots do we have?

Some players are going to make way, and we should be making some hard calls.

No point at this stage trialling Gollant in defence, as I reckon he’s gone. If we were going to try that it needs to happen way before now. I agree about not bringing in trades or free agency players unless they make us much better cue the “anyone who replaces Murphy makes us better” responses. But I think overpaying for players like Cumming or Perryman isn’t getting us anywhere. Better to hit the draft again, we need top end midfield talent.

Pick 4 should be off limits for trade.

We need more than hitting the draft. We desperately need 25-28 year olds that are walk up starts in our 22. So Perryman and Cumming would be very useful.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need more than hitting the draft. We desperately need 25-28 year olds that are walk up starts in our 22. So Perryman and Cumming would be very useful.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Exactly, we can't keep net trading out best 22 players to hit up the draft more, as we just get caught in the inexperienced cycle.

Nothing will change in 2025.. we will still have a very very poor list with more holes in it than Swiss cheese. A review of our recruiting department needs to happen. they are responsible for this for poor drafting since 2016. it will take us another cycle to get things right (if we do)... the 30-year flag drought is fast approaching, and it depresses me BIG TIME!
As for now we must some how trade for a better ruckman and that A grade midfielder.. thats a start

Nothing will change in 2025.. we will still have a very very poor list with more holes in it than Swiss cheese. A review of our recruiting department needs to happen. they are responsible for this for poor drafting since 2016. it will take us another cycle to get things right (if we do)... the 30-year flag drought is fast approaching, and it depresses me BIG TIME!
As for now we must some how trade for a better ruckman and that A grade midfielder.. thats a start
We don’t have a very poor list.

Dawson Rankine Rachele Soligo , Pedlar, Curtin is a very talented midfield list. We’ve finally found a spot that Keays can be very good at. Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Keane. Butts, Murray Worrell are a good key position lot.

We don’t have a very poor list.

Dawson Rankine Rachele Soligo , Pedlar, Curtin is a very talented midfield list. We’ve finally found a spot that Keays can be very good at. Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Keane. Butts, Murray Worrell are a good key position lot.
Totally agree re the list. The coach is holding them back. Absolute dud. Blames the players after each loss even though he’s tactically inept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Planning for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back