Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjiXXX

Debutant
Feb 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I find it interesting that so many people seem confident in their team getting through the rest of the season with few injuries. A lot of the leading teams have players like Drummond and Chapman in them which I don't need to go into..

Players are dropping like flies and I think it has a lot to do with the games ever increasing intensity.

I lost 3 players before the first game of the season was finished! (Anthony, Raines, Cousins)

Since then I have lost: Ablett, Hille, Richo, Skipworth, Beams, Hartlett, Jacobs and Broughton!

Total 11 Injuries in 6 weeks!

All I can say is be very carefull making plans that include few injuries cause my team has been well and truly bent over.:(

I find it interesting that so many people seem confident in their team getting through the rest of the season with few injuries. A lot of the leading teams have players like Drummond and Chapman in them which I don't need to go into..

Players are dropping like flies and I think it has a lot to do with the games ever increasing intensity.

I lost 3 players before the first game of the season was finished! (Anthony, Raines, Cousins)

Since then I have lost: Ablett, Hille, Richo, Beams, Hartlett, Jacobs and Broughton! And its only 6 weeks down!

All I can say is be very carefull making plans that include few injuries cause my team has been well and truly bent over.:(
you're running terribly at the moment and with that in mind, plans that you've made may have been the best ones ever.

the luck factor is something you can't predict, so plans need to be made, then changed, then changed again because without forward thinking, you're sunk

Made all kinds of plans but now the only plan is trade out the injured guys! Bye Ottens, Hille, Skipworth, Wells, Harvey, Fletcher, Anthony
Sit tight Ablett, Hurley, Hentschel

Nightmare

Mine: Anthony, Raines, Jacobs, Ablett, Beams, Skipworth, Hille.

Have retained Anthony and Raines, will keep Beams, probably trade Ablett.

Not a good start.

My injuries: Raines, Ottens, Skipworth, H. Shaw, Ablett, Anthony, Hille, Jacobs, Broughton, Beams, Ballantyne.

I win.

pfft cant count ballantyne, evry1 knew he was injured and wouldnt play till round 6-8 at the earliest...

My injuries: Raines, Cousins, Skipworth, Anthony, Broughton, Harvey, Wells.

Have kept Broughton, Cousins and Harvey.
Wells was a dud anyway, the injury had little to do with moving him on.

And Harvey will go IF I really need to.

Anthony
Raines
Leuenberger
Wells
Skipworth
Suckling
Jacobs
Spencer
Broughton
Hentschel
Beams
Ablett
Fisher*

*rumoured to be injured although not listed on injury lists

Spencer isn't injured, he was just playing like a spud so got dropped for another spud in Meeson! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meeson's actually a decent rookie ruckman.

Made more than a few rookies this year too.. like say Robinson, Garlett and Jacobs. :eek:

Still a spud though. Will never get you really more than 50 points a game, etc. Got that 80 odd once but I consider that a fluke. :p

You can't say he is gonna be Melbournes saviour in the ruck for the next ten years. If he is then they are in more trouble than I thought. :D:thumbsu:

Still a spud though. Will never get you really more than 50 points a game, etc. Got that 80 odd once but I consider that a fluke. :p

You can't say he is gonna be Melbournes saviour in the ruck for the next ten years. If he is then they are in more trouble than I thought. :D:thumbsu:

And um, what happened to Carlton's ruck saviour? Oh right, he's injured. :D

I thought he played well in parts on the weekend and has shown potential.

Lets assume for one minute he is infact a spud. Melbourne got him for next to nothing (i think).

Carlton wasted a pre-season draft pick on Cloke after he had done SFA at Collingwood. Spud.

Carlton used a first round pick on Hampson who has since done SFA. Spud.

Carlton gave up an early draft pick and are reportedly paying top dollar for Warnock, who until having a sook last year was getting smashed in the WAFL and his now out with an LTI having done SFA to date. Spud.

While i respect your opinion on spuds given the amount of them at Carlton, i'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. ;) :thumbsu:

my plans arent really going the way i hoped.

ive got a few reserves who are going no where...
- Cheney, isnt getting game time
- Robinson, same as cheney
- Spencer, pretty much has being replaced by meesen so isnt getting game time
- Sidebottom, yet to get a game but MIGHT be looked at this weekend.

I also expected Travis Tuck to be a gun... started round 1 off with 125 point but is just getting worse. Don't know how much longer i can afford to have him in my starting 22 since his scoring poorly and i need someone who will get me 100+ points a game.

Also expected more out of Power, Gibbs and Gilbee...

I thought he played well in parts on the weekend and has shown potential.

Lets assume for one minute he is infact a spud. Melbourne got him for next to nothing (i think).

Carlton wasted a pre-season draft pick on Cloke after he had done SFA at Collingwood. Spud.

Carlton used a first round pick on Hampson who has since done SFA. Spud.

Carlton gave up an early draft pick and are reportedly paying top dollar for Warnock, who until having a sook last year was getting smashed in the WAFL and his now out with an LTI having done SFA to date. Spud.

While i respect your opinion on spuds given the amount of them at Carlton, i'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. ;) :thumbsu:

And what are your quality backup rucks to Cox again?

Oh thats right Seaby and Lynch! Ha! Ha! Ha! Too funny! :D

Natanui I will give you though as he will be a star. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back