Player Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know how long Dunkley signed for?
The first post has a link from the year he's signed to. I went off reports of a six year deal.

Gunston confirms it's a two year contract on Lions' website interview.
Is this the one, where he talks about a couple of years?

Watched afl.com.au Gettable program and they had a segment where they asked if certain players were 'gettable'.

Rayner's name was mentioned and said 'not gettable', Dev Roberston was mentioned and they said 'very gettable' (not surprising) and then Noah Answerth was mentioned and also said 'not gettable' b/c he was contracted until 2025.

Where did the extra year come from, thought he was only contracted until end of 24?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be tight for list spots, particularly if the 2s watchers are right about Beecken and McLachlan looking good

2024:
Jarryd Lyons
Kalin Lane (R)
Jaxon Prior
James Madden
Ryan Lester (R)
Darragh Joyce (R)
Dayne Zorko
Carter Michael
Luke Beecken (R)
Darcy Craven (R)

Given we are 3 players over just to get back to normal list size, would be something like cutting:

Lyons
Lane
Prior
Madden
Michael

Which only gives us 2 spots. Am i missing something? i guess we might only keep one of Beecken and McLachlan given the squeeze?

Zorko demands another year, Joyce has done so in the past 2 weeks i think, Lester played every game. Our key defenders include 2 coming off ACLs and 1 with a troublesome foot so it would feel foolish to cut any of them...

McLachlan is contracted until the end of next year, he went into the draft with an 18 month stipulation.

Craven would be a squeeze out (though I suspect the club would rather give him more time). I suspect Dev might be traded out if he is so inclined given he hasn't been able to force his way back into the seniors and guys are going past him. Beyond that it's getting into speculation that Gardiner may retire due to injuries.

Going to be tight for list spots, particularly if the 2s watchers are right about Beecken and McLachlan looking good

2024:
Jarryd Lyons
Kalin Lane (R)
Jaxon Prior
James Madden
Ryan Lester (R)
Darragh Joyce (R)
Dayne Zorko
Carter Michael
Luke Beecken (R)
Darcy Craven (R)

Given we are 3 players over just to get back to normal list size, would be something like cutting:

Lyons
Lane
Prior
Madden
Michael

Which only gives us 2 spots. Am i missing something? i guess we might only keep one of Beecken and McLachlan given the squeeze?

Zorko demands another year, Joyce has done so in the past 2 weeks i think, Lester played every game. Our key defenders include 2 coming off ACLs and 1 with a troublesome foot so it would feel foolish to cut any of them...
Craven may find it tough due to the list squeeze as well.
More than likely Dev will ask for a trade.

2024:
Jarryd Lyons
Kalin Lane (R)
Jaxon Prior
James Madden
Ryan Lester (R)
Darragh Joyce (R)
Dayne Zorko
Carter Michael
Luke Beecken (R)
Darcy Craven (R)

Lyons
Lane
Prior
Madden
Michael

Yep, I have changed my view a little since I last looked at it.

2024:
Jarryd Lyons
Kalin Lane (R)
Jaxon Prior
James Madden
Ryan Lester (R)
Darragh Joyce (R)
Dayne Zorko
Carter Michael
Luke Beecken (R)
Darcy Craven (R)

That leaves >

Lane- With his unfortunate ACL injury the club may keep him on to get him through his rehab.

Prior- Toss of the coin, mostly very good at VFL level but I can not see him squeezing his way into the seniors, too many in front of him down back now, probable de-listing.

Michael- I think they will give him 1 more year if he gets through the rest of the VFL season uninjured just to see what he offers when finally fully fit with a full pre season under his belt in 2025.

I agree with dlanod re Robertson maybe open to a trade out, and Tunstill if anyone was interested... with Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall coming in at the end of the year the midfield is jam packed, can't see Dev or Jimmy cracking a spot in the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Back