Players I don't want us to trade for

Remove this Banner Ad

" am convinced that our coaching staff have rocks in their head and will strongly consider not buying a membership ticket next year."

Broady, that call is absolutely p*** w***.

I'm not real happy with pick 20 for Holland, but I'll pay my cash and support the 22 that run out for us next year with the passion that the jumper deserves.

You've got to remember that a club, our club, must be better than that. Bigger than that and bigger than you. If your not in it for the long haul then you know where the door is!

Originally posted by Deemolition
" am convinced that our coaching staff have rocks in their head and will strongly consider not buying a membership ticket next year."

Broady, that call is absolutely p*** w***.

I'm not real happy with pick 20 for Holland, but I'll pay my cash and support the 22 that run out for us next year with the passion that the jumper deserves.

You've got to remember that a club, our club, must be better than that. Bigger than that and bigger than you. If your not in it for the long haul then you know where the door is!

Youre right, it is **** weak but I can’t sit here and just watch my club dig their own grave without doing something.

I’ve been a member since 1989, didn’t miss a Melbourne game in Victoria during the 90’s and went to 6 interstate ones. I’ve weathered 30 storms, been through 30 boards who have all promised success without delivering, saw us win the wooden spoon and almost merge but never have I wanted to chuck it in more than I do now.

I can take a few years at the bottom of the ladder, a few years of failure but I can’t take us throwing away a chance to set ourselves up for the future by going for a short term fix like Ben Holland. I am sick of seeing us **** ourselves over then wonder why we never get any success. This year was the perfect oppurtunity to build something. We had effectively 3 first round picks to use on the best 20 kids in Australia or to trade for an established star. Instead we waste one of them on a 27 year old hack coming off a knee reconstruction. No other supporters would take it.

Ask yourself how you’d feel if we traded away Yze, Nietz and Bizzell to Geelong tomorrow for Clarke, Mooney and Grgic and youd have some idea of how I feel now. We’re ****ing ourselves over and we don’t even know it.

For what it’s worth I don’t think I could ever not buy a membership but I tell you what I feel like it.

Yes I agree that if Yze or those other blokes went for those sort of deals I'd be pretty upset. Very upset. But let's look at this seriously. Pick 20 is not Yze, Neita or Bizzell.

In fact in the last 2 drafts pick 20 has been William Minson and Daniel Elstone. What does that mean? Not much really, this years pick 20 may be the next Simon Black and if that happens in hindsight Holland was a bad call.

If pick 20 just happens to be Minson or Elstone (and they may still be good players) then I don't think Holland sounds too bad.

Am I happy with it? No, not really but I'll give it a chance and see where it takes us.

I to have been a member for a long time and have seen the ups and downs. Since 1987 we've made finals on 8 occasions. I know plenty of my mates who barrack for other clubs who would love that sort of success. But is that what we crave? No f****** way. A premiership would do nicely. Maybe it will happen soon, maybe it won't but, to pinch a line from Blighty, jump on board because the ride will be worth it.

Deemolition said:
In fact in the last 2 drafts pick 20 has been William Minson and Daniel Elstone. What does that mean? Not much really, this years pick 20 may be the next Simon Black and if that happens in hindsight Holland was a bad call.

QUOTE]

Butler looks very similar to Simon Black at that age.

Terrible blunder on our behalf.

I think Dutchy should take a bow to sulibacy and be sent to deworm orphans in Somalia.

Broadbridge_20 said:
Youre right, it is **** weak but I can’t sit here and just watch my club dig their own grave without doing something.

I’ve been a member since 1989, didn’t miss a Melbourne game in Victoria during the 90’s and went to 6 interstate ones. I’ve weathered 30 storms, been through 30 boards who have all promised success without delivering, saw us win the wooden spoon and almost merge but never have I wanted to chuck it in more than I do now.

I can take a few years at the bottom of the ladder, a few years of failure but I can’t take us throwing away a chance to set ourselves up for the future by going for a short term fix like Ben Holland. I am sick of seeing us **** ourselves over then wonder why we never get any success. This year was the perfect oppurtunity to build something. We had effectively 3 first round picks to use on the best 20 kids in Australia or to trade for an established star. Instead we waste one of them on a 27 year old hack coming off a knee reconstruction. No other supporters would take it.

Ask yourself how you’d feel if we traded away Yze, Nietz and Bizzell to Geelong tomorrow for Clarke, Mooney and Grgic and youd have some idea of how I feel now. We’re ****ing ourselves over and we don’t even know it.

For what it’s worth I don’t think I could ever not buy a membership but I tell you what I feel like it.

Geez, I carried on a bit. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Players I don't want us to trade for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back