Resource Players Out of Contract 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you expect to get for him? A top ten pick?

Easily.

Turns 24 this year and has already played 116 games. I don't think he's missed a game since 2011and is coming off an All Australian year.

Treloar and pick 28 went for pick 7 and a 2016 first round pick so I'd be surprised if clubs thought they could get Gaff on the cheap.

Easily.

Turns 24 this year and has already played 116 games. I don't think he's missed a game since 2011and is coming off an All Australian year.

Treloar and pick 28 went for pick 7 and a 2016 first round pick so I'd be surprised if clubs thought they could get Gaff on the cheap.
I don't think anyone expects to get him on the cheap, but I don't think he'll get the same as Treloar.

I think one high pick will do it.

What makes you say that. Inside information or just your hunch ?

Because from the outside he looks very much gone. Also there were unsubstantiated rumours last year he wanted out. I think change would be good for him to.

You could say a bit of both. I'll put my house on the line that if he ever did head back home next year, it won't be for Port Adelaide.

He's also(very publically) purchased a home in Queensland, which he paid some good money for.

However, I'm not a fan of the role he is used in. Could add so much more as a midfielder/hff type than a defender. It's just not a role I could imagine him ever being an above average player in.

You could say a bit of both. I'll put my house on the line that if he ever did head back home next year, it won't be for Port Adelaide.

He's also(very publically) purchased a home in Queensland, which he paid some good money for.

However, I'm not a fan of the role he is used in. Could add so much more as a midfielder/hff type than a defender. It's just not a role I could imagine him ever being an above average player in.

Why would he rule out port Adelaide ?

Why would he rule out port Adelaide ?
Because you guys rejected him and choose Wines at pick 7. Wines was meant to come to Brisbane.:'(

On a serious note I think he will go to the Crows. They have players and picks that would interest Brisbane more.

It may be.

But Acres and your first would be a decent deal for us.

Blake is contracted for a further 2 years after this year. He signed a 4 year deal & recently said he's loving Melbourne life & is not even considering ever returning to WA to play footy. He couldn't be anymore emphatic that he's a St Kilda lifer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blake is contracted for a further 2 years after this year. He signed a 4 year deal & recently said he's loving Melbourne life & is not even considering ever returning to WA to play footy. He couldn't be anymore emphatic that he's a St Kilda lifer.

Great for the Saints. He's playing well and you look like you've got a bright future.

Really hope we can keep Gaff.

Great for the Saints. He's playing well and you look like you've got a bright future.

Really hope we can keep Gaff.

I can't see Gaff leaving. WC are playing in GF's for flags. Just doesn't make sense for him to leave. Nice player tho, would love him at the Saints.

I can't see Gaff leaving. WC are playing in GF's for flags. Just doesn't make sense for him to leave. Nice player tho, would love him at the Saints.
Saints aren't far off it themselves and adding Gaff would certainly speed that up significantly.

Not a chance I'd give up a first round pick (likely 8-10) and Acres for Gaff, he'd be nice in our midfield, but Acres will be a jet, would prefer to trade next year's 1st rounder and throw in some steak knives.

Essendon: Jobe Watson (UFA), Brent Stanton (UFA, trigger clause), Tayte Pears (UFA), David Myers (UFA), Courtenay Dempsey (UFA), Patrick Ambrose, Jason Ashby, Adam Cooney, Shaun Edwards, Martin Gleeson, Brendan Goddard, James Gwilt, Ben Howlett, Nick Kommer, Kyle Langford, Jayden Laverde, Shaun McKernan, Will Hams, Jake Long, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Conor McKenna, Gach Nyuon, Tom Wallis

Those are the must re-sign list for us.

Would be happy to sign a few others as well but we must grab the ones listed.

Essendon: Jobe Watson (UFA), Brent Stanton (UFA, trigger clause), Tayte Pears (UFA), David Myers (UFA), Courtenay Dempsey (UFA), Patrick Ambrose, Jason Ashby, Adam Cooney, Shaun Edwards, Martin Gleeson, Brendan Goddard, James Gwilt, Ben Howlett, Nick Kommer, Kyle Langford, Jayden Laverde, Shaun McKernan, Will Hams, Jake Long, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Conor McKenna, Gach Nyuon, Tom Wallis

Those are the must re-sign list for us.

Would be happy to sign a few others as well but we must grab the ones listed.
Don't think there will be a problem with any of the rookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back