Players u miss playing the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Not for skill (not that they had ******** skills but they wont be remember so much for their skills) but for the sheer love of the game and absolute courage and toughness Kelly and Arch

Nathan Burke and Stewart Loewe, mostly.
Loyal servants of the club for years, the current good fortunes of the club would have been great reward. Though it is great they remain part of the club in other capacities (Burkie is still pretty fit, too).

Carey,Blakey,Abraham,Rock,Schwass(In a Roos jumper)Martyn,Allison,Longmire,Armstrong,Fairley,Scott,Roberts and any other North
player that's retired in the last 10 years.

Mark Jackson, A Jackovich Capper and Plugger

Not to many characters around these days except for maybe Barry Hall. And even he dosent wanna be known as BBBH any more because he wants to be taken more seriously

barnes from the bombers
The day hird retires is the day i stop watching footy
From my old favourite team the West Coast Eagles - Peter Matera, Jacko, Heady, Kemp, Chris Lewis and Whosha.

WCE: peter Matera, kempy, Pre knee reco Jakocich, worsefold.

AFL: plugger, kerhnahan, Abraham, d. jarman, and from melbourne, mr spekky, shaun smith.

Oh and i really really miss gehrig in an eagles gurnesy,(i never gave him ********)

I miss only the "greats" ............... ;)

Robbie Muir
Neil Balme
Mal Brown
Cowboy Neill
Ronnie Andrews
Roger Merrett
Dermott Brereton
David Rhys-Jones

I'm sure there's plenty more, but I'm tired

For me it would have to be:

Ablett (freakish)
Carey (in a roo jumper)
G Hocking (hard at it)
Daicos (freakish)
Chris Grant (younger years)
T Modra (his speckies)
Krakouer bros (roos)
P Roos (smart footballer & great marker)
Silvagni (Courageous)

i could go on & on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L. Baker
S.Madden
T.Watson
T.Daniher
M.Long
D.Bewick

From the rest...

R.Flower (All time favourite opposition player)
P.Kelly
G.Ablett
G.Hocking
J.Madden
P.Matera, the one thats finished.

Next season I will still be looking for Stevo and Kingy - somehow they embody the side. Still got Arch for another season though

demon21 said:
...Daicos and Ablett ...

Spot on there. There will always be great strong talented players to admire, but freaks like these guys come around once and you may never see their like again.

My old man loved Daicos because he reminded him of Fothergill, a complete freak who played for the Pies around 1939. The guy won the Pies B&F almost every season he played, plus the Brownlow the one year he didn't. He kicked goals, baulked like a ghost, and had skills out the wazoo.

I never expect to see another player like Ablett, the best ever in my book. His sons could be half as good and they'd still be all-time champions of the game.

here's a paucity of true freaks ATM. Judd is fast, Wells is silken, and Hird is the most beautiful to watch, but they are all within the bounds of reality. I wanna see a flanker kick 13 goals, or a wingman kick 14.

Peter knights
paul van der haar
leathal
ablett
carey
conan-ayres
dean greig- st kilda, dont know why just really liked his toughness

Remove this Banner Ad

Players u miss playing the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back