Players who kick on their wrong side

Remove this Banner Ad

people saying that mackie can kick 50m on his left foot etc doesn't mean he is a left footer in game, their designated foot is the one that they use when having a set shot. players seem to be able to kick on any foot which is a minor thing imo regarding game play but in future versions would be good for players to certainly be better on their preferred side than their non preferred.

another one i picked up was ben jacobs from port is right footed in game but is actually a lefty

people saying that mackie can kick 50m on his left foot etc doesn't mean he is a left footer in game, their designated foot is the one that they use when having a set shot. players seem to be able to kick on any foot which is a minor thing imo regarding game play but in future versions would be good for players to certainly be better on their preferred side than their non preferred.

another one i picked up was ben jacobs from port is right footed in game but is actually a lefty

can you actually change players in the game who hav got the wrong kicking fot, if so how?

Scott Thompson (of the Crows variety) is another right footer who is incorrectly a lefty in-game.

Cyril Rioli kicks left, but on the run in the game kicks right foot. Set shot he kicks left.

I think all players in the game kick with both feet on the run, depending on which stride the kick is made and at what angle they're facing. I've seen many left foot kicks on the run by Daniel Wells, Andrew Swallow & Brent Harvey, all right footers. Likewise I've seen many right foot kicks by Lindsay Thomas and Todd Goldstein, both lefties. Of course every time these players line up for a set shot, they use their correct foot. So I can only assume that it all depends on angle, stride, etc.

That all makes sense, of course. But when a player runs into the 50 and attempts to kick a goal from 35m out only to use his wrong foot for no reason and spray the kick... herp derp.

I think all players in the game kick with both feet on the run, depending on which stride the kick is made and at what angle they're facing. I've seen many left foot kicks on the run by Daniel Wells, Andrew Swallow & Brent Harvey, all right footers. Likewise I've seen many right foot kicks by Lindsay Thomas and Todd Goldstein, both lefties. Of course every time these players line up for a set shot, they use their correct foot. So I can only assume that it all depends on angle, stride, etc.

That all makes sense, of course. But when a player runs into the 50 and attempts to kick a goal from 35m out only to use his wrong foot for no reason and spray the kick... herp derp.
Fair call. Cyril's sprayed a few running into the 50 too on the right. I guess it adds another layer of complexity to the game. I've even had Buddy Franklin kick a couple on his right... mind you they were from about 15 metres out. :)

jasper pittard is a lefty, when im kicking out he always goes on his right

not sure if it needs to be fixed as i have noticed with my custom team that everyone kicks using both feet regardless of their preferred side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back