Players who underperform because they are "lazy".

Remove this Banner Ad

Bleed Red Cheer

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2005
Other Teams
Swans
How disappointing are players who show glimpses or patches of amazing skill but then never put in the hard yards and focus to play regularly at their best. From the Swans, Dale Lewis and Nick Davis have frustrated me the most. It's too late for Lewis but Davis could win a Brownlow if he played his absolute best football for a season*, during the finals he showed what he can do when he's hungry.

From the other clubs, Sampi stands out as a player with unrealized potential. Who else? Who could have a break-out season in 2006 with the right incentive?

* maybe.

Adem Yze.

He could be so much more, although he's pulled out a couple of rippers, he has gone completely blase over the last 2 seasons.

Could just be because he was playing hardball with his contract and got the ********s.

He needs to pull his finger out and actually have a dip in 2006.

fishmonger said:
Adem Yze.

He could be so much more, although he's pulled out a couple of rippers, he has gone completely blase over the last 2 seasons.

Could just be because he was playing hardball with his contract and got the ********s.

He needs to pull his finger out and actually have a dip in 2006.

He first half of the season was good though.

Ahh if only Dean Rioli would finally turn around and produce a consistant season, how good would he be. Bombers fans say it every year with the hope that he will produce the goods. In that case, lets hope Rioli pulls it all together this year.

Lazy

ryan_houlihan.jpg

Ryan Houlihan
brendan_fevola,0.jpg

Brendan Fevola
0,1658,5018530,00.jpg

Lance Whitnall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd put Leon Davis in there , love to see them transplant Liccas work ethic into Leon.
But in all reality you could list a player or two from every club , every year. Some things never change.

Des Headland, Paul Medhurst, Jeff Farmer, Jade Rawlings, Ashley Sampi, Chris Tarrant, Trent Croad, and plenty more.

Sorry Port fans, but I'm going to have to put Daniel Motlop in this category as well.

Has the potential to be an amazing gamebreaker, but I don't think he'll ever be the elite player that his abilities allow.

That said, you'll probably still get 40 goals a year out of him, which is pretty damned good. It's just that he has the potential to kick 60-70.

gandaal said:
Lazy

ryan_houlihan.jpg

Ryan Houlihan
brendan_fevola,0.jpg

Brendan Fevola
0,1658,5018530,00.jpg

Lance Whitnall

you could probably put the whole carlton list on this post.
I think they never stopped celebrating the night premiership. Pity it doesn't count for ********.
Until this year, Kouta has been a terribly lazy footballer.

fishmonger said:
you could probably put the whole carlton list on this post..

But are they "underperforming"?

Most on their list are probably fulfilling what little potential they have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who underperform because they are "lazy".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back