Players who you have seen crumple under pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats so interesting about that? They expect him to play seniors. Nobody is calling him a superstar.

My point is that Hawks were prepared to let him go because ultimately they didn't rate him or thought he was flawed and with that is the view he wasn't best 22

Collingwood fans may like to convince themselves he was a trading coup but its a Wellingham scenario. You didn't rate Sharrod so you cut him adrift. Hawks did same with Young.

Brad Johnson.

Colgate smile and all.

This one springs to mind. Not sure why people on here seem to rate his departure from the Hawks as a massive blow to their flag chances.

He's not that big of a loss. If Bradley Hill can cement his spot on the wing and take that next step in his developement, he will end up being a much more better player then Young.

Brad Johnson.

Colgate smile and all.

I still remember him nearly ****ing up that winning goal against North in canberra. Do you remember that one? North were 5 goals up in the last quarter then the whole side crumbled.

Thankfully despite his best efforts he kicked it.

I still remember him nearly ******* up that winning goal against North in canberra. Do you remember that one? North were 5 goals up in the last quarter then the whole side crumbled.

Was this in one of the prelim final making glory years?

Was this in one of the prelim final making glory years?

No. Cooney still had long blonde hair so it must have been circa 2004.

Cam Faulkner kicked three that day for us and was looking good. Now he's playing country footy in SA and is a campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the sublime to the ridiculous. He still equalled the record, he kicked three goals (while concussed as you note) in a low scoring, winning Grand Final team. I hope you're trolling because that's just plain silly.

Not trolling. Last quarter, Grand Final, close game, 2 incidents.

1. Running into an open goal, no pressure, 30 yards out - out on the full.
2. Later in same quarter. Set shot, 10 yards out, a bit of angle - kick into man on mark.

Either one of those would qualify as a major choke -to do both is pretty staggering.

It was pretty clear he was thinking about the record more than the game - witness his frantic celebrations when he thought he had broken the record (disallowed as Keddie had to take the free).

It's not a serious shot on Hudson - he was concussed, and he is in the top 2 Full-forwards I have ever seen (along with Lockett). But that day, in the last quarter, was the very definition of what this thread is about.

He's not that big of a loss. If Bradley Hill can cement his spot on the wing and take that next step in his developement, he will end up being a much more better player then Young.

...then why all the squealing from Hawthorn fans about the "lack of fair compensation". Sounds like you should have paid Collingwood for taking him off your hands.

Yeah?
Your backline has been awesome against us in the past few years..Even with the likes of Garlett and Betts chasing them.

We still concede 5 or more goals a game from complete deer in the headlights moments almost every week from defenders just not handling a pressure situation.

Maybe hes just a good player in a great team. Call me crazy.
Apologies for sticking to the thread topic unlike yourself. The fact that you think he's a good player (mediocre in my opinion) is irrelevant to this topic. I cannot think of someone who crumbles more than him under pressure besides perhaps Harry O'brien and nick maxwell. Gee they were great in the 2011 grand final weren't they?

Apologies for sticking to the thread topic unlike yourself. The fact that you think he's a good player (mediocre in my opinion) is irrelevant to this topic. I cannot think of someone who crumbles more than him under pressure besides perhaps Harry O'brien and nick maxwell. Gee they were great in the 2011 grand final weren't they?

Reliving a game that your team won is not "sticking to the thread topic" .

Its all to easy to pick out a random incident or a bad game and then draw ridiculous conclusions based off it.

for a defender Heath Grundy makes me nervous. Not his ability to go for a spoil or out mark a player, it's what he does next which has me worried. And i always pick it too.i always make the comment "watch him stuff it up now" and he does.

SM is this your alias?

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who you have seen crumple under pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back