Players you can NOT hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really hate anyone, but Marty Clarke from Collingwood is an opposition player that I think is a good honest capable young footballer who from what I've seen doesn't get riled or resort to anything untoward. Always like to watch his endeavour and good kicking skills for a guy who didn't grow up with the oval ball in his hands.

Kirk I would say fits that description to a tee.

Also Brown, Ablett, Judd, Ling, Lucas, Pavlich, Wirripanda and Roughead.

Jeff Farmer..
but seriously, probably Gary Ablett Jr and Brett Kirk. Always liked the way Josh Hunt went about it too...

i love watching Jimmy Bartel, Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Nick Dal Santo, Ryan Griffen go about their business, impossible to hate.
From Collingwood i don't see why people would hate Scott Pendlebury?

Ive always thought Dal Santo was quite arrogant myself. But yes, agree with Bartel as well. Kochitszke (sp?) is probably another one, have to feel sorry for him with his wretched run with injuries.

I don't understand how anyone can say they CAN'T hate Nick Dal Santo.

There have been many times when I've only just managed to tolerate him. Guy has such tickets on himself.

Could never hate Richo, Fev, Nat Brown, Jonno Brown, or Sam Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anyone who dislikes Bartel? Good player, is relativily straight on the field, shy and humble, obviously a great guy.

For me anyhow its Wirrapunda. Have met him a few times in person; awesome bloke.

Players from my own club I'd be surprised if people hated would be Hasleby, Hayden Grover and Sandi

From other clubs

Wirrpanda, Cox, Black, Richo, Johncock, Rooke, Cross and Kirk are the obvious ones that spring to mind.

Someone said something about not being able to hate anyone with a last name of Morton....
What about Mitch? Hated him for his lazy, play for himself attitude when he was at the eagles. I haven't seen him play much since he's left TBH, but i dislike him immensly. Most punchable face in football. ( tied with Ashley Hansen and Josh Carr )

Can't believe anyone can hate Ablett, I personally aren't a huge wrap for the Geelong Football Club - but Ablett is a humble superstar and I can't see any reason in the world to dislike the bloke.

Agree about Cox, I love Cox. Lame I know but he is a great player and the only eagle I really like (and Beau Waters).

Lockyer is a champ, works hard and doesn't have a selfish/cocky attitude. Sandilands may act a bit dopey but hes so handsome how can you hate him.

Bartel, Black are also players cant hate.

Apart from the Saints players, guys like Richo, Russell Robertson, Brad Johnson, Paul Hasleby and Stewie Dew are all very likeable blokes.

Despite Geelong being such a dominant team recently and being our main rivals for a flag this year, I still like quite a few of their players individually. Ablett, Bartel, Selwood, Ling, Harley, Max Rooke all seem like good blokes as well as pretty decent footballers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players you can NOT hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back