Remove this Banner Ad

OldStyle2007

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Glass Case of Emotion
AFL Club
Geelong
H Update

For anybody with a soft spot for Hank, there was an article in today's Canberra Times (can't find a link though sorry)

Played his first match for Swans 2s vs Eastlake in the ACTAFL on the weekend. Has been injured and this was his comeback

Kicked a goal and took about 6 grabs I think and got a few posi's. Swans lost by 3 goals at Manuka

Quoted as saying that the Cats guaranteed to redraft him if he wanted to stay but also offered to trade him to wherever he could get a game. Looking forward to playing seniors for Sydney now that he is fit

Somehow the Swans 2's are losing their matches in the ACTAFL. that's not a good sign for Sydney's depth!!

Re: H Update

Didn't they use to win all their games by over 15 goals ?

Can't wait to see H and LRT in the same Sydney team.It'll be

HA!

Yes, they used to win big and so did Brisi in QAFL, but now Brisi 2's don't win their comp anymore either

So it could also be taken as a good sign that the ACT and QAFL state leagues have improved

Good news about the Big H, but i'm more shocked at the score, Eastlake beat the Swans reserves :eek::eek:

They were beating everyone by 20 goals last time i looked.

Pretty sure they introduced a rule that limits the number of AFL listed players that can play at one time in the syd 2nds. Can't remember where i heard that, but it is not much of a restriction and shouldn't mean they lose like they have been.

Unsure of the limits here, in fact I don't have much time to watch the local game. I used to know a coach here who was being beaten by the Swans reserves by 20-odd goals, so they swapped players at the half!

H will do the swans a service, I thought he maybe up and ready to inject straight into the team due to Hall's error of judgement.

Anyone know what he had done (surgery? and to what?) to be out for the start of the season?

May be forever remembered as the player to play one game at Geelong in 2007.....for a loss! Poor bloke when most of the side has records of 25-4 or in Ling's case...25-0!:D:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. Good luck to the octopus.

He should fit in well to the Sydney side. I think Geelong and Sydney have a similar mentality in their approach to footy - not so much gameplan but just around expectations of players.

I just hope Mooney never does a Barry Hall.

Good luck to big H.

AFL Canberra now has restrictions in place limiting the swans to 12 listed players on the field at any one time, whilst having 15 in the team. They get a 6 man bench however. Other 9 blokes are made up of young blokes from the local sides. Pretty confronting for Eastlake playing a side containing Hank and Spider Everitt last week, but seems as though they did alright...

HA!

Yes, they used to win big and so did Brisi in QAFL, but now Brisi 2's don't win their comp anymore either

So it could also be taken as a good sign that the ACT and QAFL state leagues have improved

Depth is huge now in QAFL state league. The improvement over the last 2-3 years is huge. It must be remember that it is the fastest growing area in australia, and that the best game in the world is only going to grow with it.

G'Day guys,

Looks like Playfair will line up for Sydney today. Is he a player we need to worry about?

Cheers!

LOL :eek: Just make sure to give him the ball when there is 30 seconds to go and you need a goal :thumbsu:

LOL :eek: Just make sure to give him the ball when there is 30 seconds to go and you need a goal :thumbsu:

Big H is not so bad...he was pretty serviceable for a few years and besides a bad 2006 (along with the rest of the pussies), he never really got the opportunites to come back in 2007 as we favoured Nablett.

Take him for what he is, he will provide a marking target, but is not the greatest decision maker. For me, he is on par with Charlie Gardiner. With the right team structure around him, H could be ok, will depend a lot on the support of others - such as O'keefe.

Also note another good young ex-cat in Timmy Callan playing today...haven't heard too much of him this season but seems to be adjusting to the back pocket of the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Playfair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back