PS3 Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and Everything else) - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

Yay, PS3 exclusive reveal on my birthday :).

It would be either Uncharted 3, Agent or Starhawk. I'm thinking Uncharted 3 because what other game is big enough to get its own press conference? This is Sony we're talking about. Not only that but this is getting announced the day after the VGAs, and Uncharted 2 was announced at the VGAs so possibly a teaser for this game will be shown and then a full reveal the next day.

Would love Starhawk, I was one who got into Warhawk from day one and put a good amount of time into it, so I grew with it as the game did and was pretty competent considering the extremely high learning curve.

Was a superb game and amazingly balanced.

It's certainly been long enough now to get a fully fledged sequel.

Hope it's the long awaited debut of Syphon Filter on PS3.................

Wishful thinking on my behalf ;)

Marky Mark Wahlberg confirmed for Uncharted movie. De Niro and/or Joe Pesci in the running for Sully (Pesci potentially for another role).

Disappointed that Nathan Fillion won't be getting a go, but I don't think Wahlberg is the worst choice.

Source: http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1136763p1.html
It was just a couple of weeks ago when word broke that writer-director David O. Russell was planning to cast his Three Kings star Mark Wahlberg as Nathan Drake in the game-to-film adaptation Uncharted. And now Wahlberg has confirmed to IGN that he is in fact taking on the project.

While promoting his latest film, The Fighter, which he also made with Russell, the former Max Payne told us that he will do whatever the director wants him to do when it comes to Uncharted. Additionally, the actor confirmed that Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro are also in the running to join the project.

Marky Mark Wahlberg confirmed for Uncharted movie. De Niro and/or Joe Pesci in the running for Sully (Pesci potentially for another role).

Disappointed that Nathan Fillion won't be getting a go, but I don't think Wahlberg is the worst choice.

Source: http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1136763p1.html

Yeah I would've loved to seen have seen Fillion in a big screen role and it seemed as if Nathan Drake was basically calling out to him. Don't have anything against Mark Wahlberg, just hope they don't turn it into Max Payne.

Yeah I would've loved to seen have seen Fillion in a big screen role and it seemed as if Nathan Drake was basically calling out to him. Don't have anything against Mark Wahlberg, just hope they don't turn it into Max Payne.

Yeah Fillion is good value though for Big Screen role he was in Serenity.

I view it as a potentially more awesome version of Indiana Jones. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone had there PS3 freeze on them lately just in the xmb menu or in the web browser?
Like most i have had it freeze in ALL the latest releases i have had but the last couple of days i have had it freeze in the xmb menu, and just then i couldn't be stuffed getting off my ass to get the laptop and it froze in the web browser wtf.

Has anyone had there PS3 freeze on them lately just in the xmb menu or in the web browser?
Like most i have had it freeze in ALL the latest releases i have had but the last couple of days i have had it freeze in the xmb menu, and just then i couldn't be stuffed getting off my ass to get the laptop and it froze in the web browser wtf.

Mine just froze then after I exited out of the web browser.

What model is it? I had a similar problem with my 60gb a while back where it would freeze on new releases (sound would still play just no video) but would work with older games. Turned out the Blu-Ray drive had issues and I had to get it fixed by Sony.

I also had another similar problem happen to my 120gb Slim recently where there was massive slowdown and occasional freezes in games and the XMB. That was my fault though. I exited a game as it was autosaving and it stuffed up my hard drive. Had to take it out (the hard drive) and give it a format using my computer. Chucked it back in and it worked as normal again.

OMFG. Just had an annoying waste of 40mins.
Had my PS3 console connected to my sister in laws 3D TV earlier today so I could play some 3D games and the PS3 auto detected the HDMI setup..

Got my PS3 home now & reconnected the AV cables (not HDMI) and had NO signal. Turn on/off, reconnect... Nothing. No auto detect for the AV...

Had to change the settings BLINDLY.
Turn on controller... Press X to log in. Press left a dozen times to guarantee I was over the left of the XMB, press right once to go to settings. Press down 11 times to go to display settings, press X for video output settings, press down.. Then press X a few times to finally get it reconnected via component cables.. All whilst having nothing but a TV test pattern on. Thankfully youtube vids reminded me that display settings was 1 down on the second one in.... Blind set up.. Stupid thing.

PS. Motorstorm 3D rift is wicked (in 3D cos it can be played in 2D which is also good)
Trees look cool as you drive past. Destructible cars are awesome. Having random wheels or car bumpers fly over you.. Shit stuffs with your eyes though. Like coming in from a dust storm or going from a dark room to sunlight without any brightness but feels the same..

Had my PS3 console connected to my sister in laws 3D TV earlier today so I could play some 3D games and the PS3 auto detected the HDMI setup..

Got my PS3 home now & reconnected the AV cables (not HDMI) and had NO signal. Turn on/off, reconnect... Nothing. No auto detect for the AV...

Turn on controller... Press X to log in. Press left a dozen times to guarantee I was over the left of the XMB, press right once to go to settings. Press down 11 times to go to display settings, press X for video output settings, press down.. Then press X a few times to finally get it reconnected via component cables.. All whilst having nothing but a TV test pattern on. Thankfully youtube vids reminded me that display settings was 1 down on the second one in.... Blind set up.. Stupid thing.

there is a very easy way to do this

If you have a Sony PS3 that you move from place to place, you may run into the issue where you connect it to a new TV or monitor and you can't see anything because the video settings are different than what your PS3 is configured for. When this happens, you can't even get to the screen that allows you to set the video settings, so you are basically screwed. If this happens to you, there is a fix. Turn off the power to your PS3 and then turn it back on again. But when you turn it on, hold down the power button until you see something on the screen. When you hold down the power button of the PS3 when you are turning it on, it completely resets the video settings to the most basic settings (480p I think) so that it'll work on any TV or monitor. Once you can then get something on the screen, you can configure the video settings to match the TV you are hooking up to. You'll probably have to do the same thing when you take it back to your original location. But at least with this trick you can now move your PS3 around if you want.

If you hold the power button for 11 seconds (or something like that) it resets the Display settings.... :)

Fancy that. I thought just turning the thing off might auto detect a new cable.. Power on for 11secs would have saved me 40mins. Wouldn't have had the time to go back to their place to fix it for a full week either. Must get a better TV.
Thanks guys.

Had my PS3 console connected to my sister in law.

o_rry.jpg

Quick question: what's a good price for a PS3 nowadays? I've heard about the price dropping this year, but if I don't get one for Christmas (I've mentioned a PS3 around my parents, response was a no), I've got enough money to pay for my own. Once Mum finally gets that effing flatscreen.

Quick question: what's a good price for a PS3 nowadays? I've heard about the price dropping this year, but if I don't get one for Christmas (I've mentioned a PS3 around my parents, response was a no), I've got enough money to pay for my own. Once Mum finally gets that effing flatscreen.

This thread should answer your questions.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776602

If tl:dr then this is probably one of the best deals going around

Cheapest would be console only but you can get some crazy bundles at the moment.

Pick of them is probably this

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/product/1256973315636/sony-ps-gb-console-and-gran-turismo--bundle

320gb PS3 + Gran Turismo 5 for only 487!!!

What model is it? I had a similar problem with my 60gb a while back where it would freeze on new releases (sound would still play just no video) but would work with older games. Turned out the Blu-Ray drive had issues and I had to get it fixed by Sony.

I also had another similar problem happen to my 120gb Slim recently where there was massive slowdown and occasional freezes in games and the XMB. That was my fault though. I exited a game as it was autosaving and it stuffed up my hard drive. Had to take it out (the hard drive) and give it a format using my computer. Chucked it back in and it worked as normal again.
She is a 80gb, it froze again yesterday when leaving the web browser, so it looks like i wont be using the web browser anymore(not that it was used a lot anyway.

Also
According to a source that spoke with Kotaku, Uncharted 3’s stocking up on sunscreen, kissing the color green goodbye, and heading to the desert.
The same source also said that Sony’s big VGA reveal will be none other than Uncharted 3

n all, 1760 consoles have been joined with “168 separate graphical processing units and 84 coordinating servers” to form what the Air Force is calling “the fastest interactive computer in the entire defence Department”. It’s also, the military claims, the 33rd largest computer of any kind in the world.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/12/this-stack-of-ps3s-is-the-33rd-biggest-computer-in-the-world/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back