Playstation 3 or Xbox 360?

Remove this Banner Ad

B-Rock

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2005
E.K
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Heres my scenario. I want to but a next-gen console to play sports games (NBA, FIFA etc) online. Price is irrelevant as I will need wi-fi and a Xbox live subscription to take the 360 online (which will take the price up to $1k anyway, both of these things come with the PS3). My question is: What is the best console to suit my needs?

I know the Xbox 360's are superior online at the moment and have an impressive library of games, but they are also unreliable. I've read on the internet that many people have been through several consoles as they break down.

The PS3 on the other hand is apparently a superior machine but has a limited library of games at the moment and is also not yet established as a quality online service, although their new "home" feature looks very impressive.

To throw a twist into things, i own a PSP (which would be cool to link up with PS3) and have a Sony Bravia television and a Playstation 2 (so backwards compatibility is also irrelevant) This isnt because Im a Sony fanboy (If I was i would have a PS3 already) I own these products because they have suited my needs the best in past.

Im slightly leaning towards the Xbox 360 at the moment as I might wait until the Xbox 360 ELITE comes out in a few months which will have HDMI for my HD TV. Im still not sure though and my preference seems to change by the day...

Based on your experiences with these consoles, what do you think would best suit me?

Well I think it depends what day your planning to by this thing Brocky.

If it was today, or Friday, or Sunday for that matter, youd probs want to get the 360.

However, if it was tomorrow, Saturday or Monday you would probs be better to get the PS3.

Hope that helps buddy :thumbsu: :D :p

You'd be an idiot to buy one right now. PS3 are struggling with sales and will soon have no choice but to drop their price. And if you want an Xbox, you should definitely wait until the 'Elite' hits the market.

You'd be an idiot to buy one right now. PS3 are struggling with sales and will soon have no choice but to drop their price. And if you want an Xbox, you should definitely wait until the 'Elite' hits the market.

Yeah dont know about the PS3 dropping their price, good sources tell me that they are currently losing up to $350 per console they sell at its current price, they cant affort to drop the price anytime soon. As for the Xbox, if i go with the 360 i will almost definately wait for the Elite to come out.. mainly for the HDMI.

Yeah dont know about the PS3 dropping their price, good sources tell me that they are currently losing up to $350 per console they sell at its current price, they cant affort to drop the price anytime soon. As for the Xbox, if i go with the 360 i will almost definately wait for the Elite to come out.. mainly for the HDMI.

hello Im just wondering what this HDMI is? And also can you add it on to the normal 360?

way to make up statistics. A reccomened Retail price takes into account profit. So your lie is busted :thumbsdown:

way to make up statistics. A reccomened Retail price takes into account profit. So your lie is busted :thumbsdown:

Fanboy alert! Fanboy alert! Sorry to dissappoint you mate, but its pretty common knowledge that the PS3's are hardly flying off the shelves, believe the statistics or not, you have to admit that. I believe the information various knowledgable people in the industry have given me, you can choose whether or not you want to. Dont be so ****ing precious.

hello Im just wondering what this HDMI is? And also can you add it on to the normal 360?

HDMI stands for high definition media interface and it means that you can have high definition video and multi channel sound using the 1 cord.
As far as i know there is no way to connect HDMI to a standard 360. The elite and the PS3 have HDMI and have the ability to use 1080p resolution for full high def viewing pleasure. You would only worry about HDMI if you have a new tv or are planning to get one in the not to distant future.

I personally have a pioneer 50' plasma which can go 1080p and has dual HDMI and a BOSE surround sound system so both consoles will work at their full capabilities. I am leaning towards the PS3 because of the built in wifi. The 120GB hard drive on the elite is almost irrelevant because any PS3 owner can simply install a standard 2.5 inch laptop hard drive in to their ps3 or connect an external hard drive. And the fact that i have a PSP, a sony phone, a sony flash drive and a 2GB sony memory stick are also making me lean towards the PS3. One of the main titles that would make me go for the PS3 is Final Fantasy 13 but i have heard that xbox are in discussions on the rights and might possibly buy them which is the same story with metal gear solid which is pushing me towards the elite. Although the impending releases of Halo 3 and Fable 2 are also shifting me towards the elite. I think in the end I will get a PS3 and a standard 360 premium so i can have the best of both worlds. The deciding factor for the PS3 will probably be the built in blu-ray.:thumbsu:

I bought the PS3 on the launch day.
It isn't bad but not as good as anticipated.
If anyone here is after a brand new Xbox 360, never been taken out of the box I am selling for $450 o.n.o, unwanted prize.

I bought the PS3 on the launch day.
It isn't bad but not as good as anticipated.
If anyone here is after a brand new Xbox 360, never been taken out of the box I am selling for $450 o.n.o, unwanted prize.
You might want to drop the price a bit, can get a much better deal from shops;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back