PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

The new Discord integration is really nice and the way it's setup I get the impression it's going to eventually replace the existing PS group chats. The cross platform audio quality doesn't seem the greatest though but I don't know if that's because our server isn't boosted but it sounds worse than usual. My previous Destiny clan's server was fully boosted with max audio quality and I remember the audio quality between PC and Xbox, and even the few on Discord the previous PS5 to phone connection, was far better, even before we boosted it.

Lastly all it needs is share screen integration like I believe Xbox already has? We share screen to each other a lot in the PS5 group so it's a bummer we lose that when using the Discord chat.

Indy is coming to PS5 next year MS might as well go all in as a 3rd party publisher.

They are struggling to get gamers to sign up to game pass which is their main source of cash flow plus no one is buying their hardware.
I have gamepass, but use it on PC. It's good for testing out games to see if I like them before buying on PS for platinuming lol

Thank you very much.

I presume they are just plug and play?

It is. :)

Even if you have a HDD with PS4 games on it and you’ve just purchased a PS5, it’s still plug and play. No need to format the drive.

PS5 Pro rumours

I don't think this will be enough of an upgrade to warrant a purchase this time around. Might pick it up if its on a nice sale or my ps5 dies but I wont be in any rush.

I don't think this will be enough of an upgrade to warrant a purchase this time around. Might pick it up if its on a nice sale or my ps5 dies but I wont be in any rush.

The latest rumours have a much beefier GPU than what was first believed but I think it's fair to still remain dubious with a marginal CPU upgrade when more games are CPU bound at the moment.

I jumped on the PS4 Pro just because but later on wondered if it was worthwhile because there just wasn't enough games (that I played anyway) with Pro upgrades to justify it. I won't be buying into any PS5 Pro so quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• PSSR is an ML-enhanced version of Temporal Anti-Aliasing Upscaling (TAAU) that requires inputs similar to NVIDIA DLSS or AMD FSR and fully supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) pipelines. It also does not require per-game training like the latest version of DLSS
Oh no. Please, no. No more TAA or temporal anything. I can smear Vaseline on my screen on my own if I want thanks.

Question is will I need a new tv to take full advantage of the pro.

If you've got a TV with HDMI 2.1 that already utilises all the current PS5 features then there is nothing the Pro can offer that you won't currently have. The main things are 4K 120hz display with VRR (especially for games with 40fps modes) and HDR.

Remove this Banner Ad

PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back