PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

If you've got a TV with HDMI 2.1 that already utilises all the current PS5 features then there is nothing the Pro can offer that you won't currently have. The main things are 4K 120hz display with VRR (especially for games with 40fps modes) and HDR.
I don't have a TV that supports all those features it's a Sony Bravia from 2019

Yeaaaah can't see this doing too well. Will be looking at a $1200 price tag once you add in GST.

When you had people buying the PS5 from eBay scalpers for $2000-3000 for quite a long time after launch, then you realise that there are people who will pay anything.

When you had people buying the PS5 from eBay scalpers for $2000-3000 for quite a long time after launch, then you realise that there are people who will pay anything.

Certainly, but that is the enthusiast market. For Sony to make their money back, they need this in a lot more hands than just those people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a big difference with them paying it due to unavailability.

Certainly, but that is the enthusiast market. For Sony to make their money back, they need this in a lot more hands than just those people.

It will be interesting to see the first year Pro sales with the PS5 already being successful in terms of sales.

It will sell for the same reason NVIDIA can flog $3000 graphics cards. As someone into tech like many others here I'll still get one eventually but not right away. I'll wait until there are some worth while games. I'm sure Sony have a few first party titles that will make the most of it before the end of the PS5 generation.

I'm a massive sony fanboy and even I'm passing on the pro for now, maybe in six months we'll see.

A big reason people paid so much extra for a PS5 at launch was it had very limited availability and it was the jump into the next gen to play games that wouldn’t be available on old consoles. Also in theory the earlier you buy the more value you get if you’re someone who buys each gen of a console.

I don’t see the same selling points for this. Is it probably 3 or 4 years til the PS6 from here? If there’s no exclusive games then they’ll really need to show a noticeable difference between the regular games and the pro enhanced versions.

As someone who was in for the PS4 Pro from the start, this did nothing to sell me on it. Im one of those with the 120fps VRR tvs they talked about who use performance mode when given options.

If it had the long rumored PS1, PS2, PS3 BC i might of been tempted.

That means I have to buy the drive seprate which will cost me more money on the top of the pro costing over 1k

I'm out 😄

Don’t forget the vertical stand that you also need to buy separately. :)

Sony’s reasoning behind that:

1726026631681.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back