PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t forget the vertical stand that you also need to buy separately. :)

Sony’s reasoning behind that:

View attachment 2107569
Leaving out the disc drive was bad enough but also the stand the base PS5 comes with one ffs.

They farked up on this one when they realise they aren't selling as many units as they hoped they will price drop.

Sony need to take a page from Nintendos' book they always sell their hardware at a loss on launch but they make the money back with their games and then some.

If Sony sold the Pro at a low price the thing will fly off shelves like hot cakes and they will go out of stock quickly or maybe they jacked the priced up so they can ward off scalpers?

Sony need to take a page from Nintendos' book they always sell their hardware at a loss on launch but they make the money back with their games and then some.

If Sony sold the Pro at a low price the thing will fly off shelves like hot cakes and they will go out of stock quickly or maybe they jacked the priced up so they can ward off scalpers?

Nah, it's classic Sony for me, they make something to peddle to the market despite there being no reason for it to exist just because hubris I suppose.

PS4 v PS4 pro was a "need" as you already had price drops, a slim unit and they were kind of underpowered compared to what TV's and such were starting to do and functions around and popping up, so there's the pro with new internals to keep pace.

This... this launched to a global pandemic that utterly killed supply of almost everything and anything so created an artificial demand due to scarcity originally. It's now what almost 5 years in an "oh, better make a pro" as what's the current reason for the update?

Sony have never since the PS2 launch really, actively moved to reduce console prices quickly or easily, if anything they're kind of pushing their base to hold off as 4 years afterwards there'll simply always be a better version of the console launching anyway.

So classic Sony over-reach for mine. Other departments will eat the cost.

Sony does not have the game catalogue that sells anywhere near as well compared to Nintendo to be able to do this.

Not gonna happening. Nintendo makes their money back on their first party games which sell like crack and never drop in price (at least this gen, they did in previous gens), and when they have a generation like the Switch where third parties sell well too then its just a never-ending goldmine.

Sony has never had the first party hits that sell over ten million until the late half of the PS4 (except for Gran Turismo), and even now with the PS5 its gone back to the norm with quite a number of their exclusives struggling to break the 10 million mark. They've dug their own hole pursuing cutting edge graphics and Xbox is almost a non-factor at the moment to keep em in check.

Nintendo were smart to pivot all those years ago and stop chasing the cutting edge of hardware and graphics

Smart but also bastards for going after emulation/not releasing their games on PC. Genuinely sad because they make great games but are always behind the 8 ball.

One thing I have to commend Sony and Microsoft on recently is a bigger appetite for not locking down their respective platforms. It's kind of disappointing in a way that Nintendo is getting a lot of kudos despite being quite aggressively anti-consumer.

Smart but also bastards for going after emulation/not releasing their games on PC. Genuinely sad because they make great games but are always behind the 8 ball.

One thing I have to commend Sony and Microsoft on recently is a bigger appetite for not locking down their respective platforms. It's kind of disappointing in a way that Nintendo is getting a lot of kudos despite being quite aggressively anti-consumer.
Yep I turned a spare PC i have into a batocera emulation box and it's pretty ****ing awesome.

I can play all generations of games from Atari 2600 up to Gamecube

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna happening. Nintendo makes their money back on their first party games which sell like crack and never drop in price (at least this gen, they did in previous gens), and when they have a generation like the Switch where third parties sell well too then its just a never-ending goldmine.

Sony has never had the first party hits that sell over ten million until the late half of the PS4 (except for Gran Turismo), and even now with the PS5 its gone back to the norm with quite a number of their exclusives struggling to break the 10 million mark. They've dug their own hole pursuing cutting edge graphics and Xbox is almost a non-factor at the moment to keep em in check.
Plenty break the 10m mark. They sell them for more too on release, but discount later.

Do you guys know that Sony is worth more than Nintendo? It’s 16B vs 10B and Nintendo has been in front before. In the last 5 years or so, Sony has pulled away.

There is room in the market for both companies and I think it’s good they have different models as there is value to be had for the consumer.

Plenty break the 10m mark. They sell them for more too on release, but discount later.

Do you guys know that Sony is worth more than Nintendo? It’s 16B vs 10B and Nintendo has been in front before. In the last 5 years or so, Sony has pulled away.

There is room in the market for both companies and I think it’s good they have different models as there is value to be had for the consumer.
No doubt there is room in the market for both. There was room in the market for three.

I think it’s common knowledge Sony has a greater net worth.

$1199 it is

hard pass from me

$1199 it is

hard pass from me

Yep,
Especially since that’s without a disc drive.

They have clearly priced this to not sell many units but think they will make more money that way. Hopefully it bombs as the ps4 pro was reasonable for all involved.

Definitely going to pick one up when they go on pre order, been wanting to get another ps5 so my current one can go in the lounge room.
haven't bought a game on disc for a few years but will still get the drive incase i want to install some ps4 games

Last edited:
Definitely going to pick one up when they go on pre order, been wanting to get another ps5 so my current one can go in the lounge room.
haven't bought a game on disc for a few years but will still get the drive incase i want to install some ps4 games
Spit on this man.

Remove this Banner Ad

PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back