PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

unless the AUD ends up even with the USD expect the PS6 to be closer to $1K
the great gatsby rage GIF

gaming is a luxury item, and the industry has moved to games that look and run better then 10-15 years ago. budget consoles wont be a thing looking at some of the issues Xbox has had with the series S.

the Switch 2 will likely be in the $600-$700 market

Would be kinda funny when Nintendo only just catches up to "current gen" when the next evolution leapfrogs them again 12-18 months later!
They dont need the 3rd party stuff. they have their own family friendly market everything else is just a bonus.

but wouldnt be surprised if MS and/or Sony do a handheld that would be less powerful the the next consoles. That could lead to more 3rd party stuff on a switch

They dont need the 3rd party stuff. they have their own family friendly market everything else is just a bonus.

but wouldnt be surprised if MS and/or Sony do a handheld that would be less powerful the the next consoles. That could lead to more 3rd party stuff on a switch
There is a very credible AMD leaker on twitter saying that there are currently two PS6 SKUs in development which may be a handheld and a traditional console

There is a very credible AMD leaker on twitter saying that there are currently two PS6 SKUs in development which may be a handheld and a traditional console
I doubt it would be a PS6 handheld. it would be Sony has 2 consoles in development a PS6 and a handheld with a bit better then a base PS5 performance and focus on remote play for PS6 gaming on the handheld

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking more along the lines of Nintendo going for realistic graphics rather than the cartoony vibe (cartoony vibe is good though I guess)

I was thinking more along the lines of Nintendo going for realistic graphics rather than the cartoony vibe (cartoony vibe is good though I guess)
It would be a mistake for Nintendo to do that, sure some games but their brand is built on Mario, Zelda, Pokémon ect and that cartoon style. to shift away would risk losing part of the market they own.

Nintendo is the family console

It would be a mistake for Nintendo to do that, sure some games but their brand is built on Mario, Zelda, Pokémon ect and that cartoon style. to shift away would risk losing part of the market they own.

Nintendo is the family console

Oh that would still have a place, I was just pondering (in text form) what a Mario Bros game would look like with realistic graphics :p

Pricing going forward will be a discussion until it's time. Console has typically occupied a certain segment, but once you factor in the disc drive, stand and a Plus subscription you're entering enthusiast territory. While you might still might have to cut a few corners to build a comparable PC at the price point, if you can budget ~$1500AUD which isn't chump change it isn't much of a stretch to spend a little more to build a far better PC that an enthusiast might consider instead.

That's why I still expect to see the PS6 at sub $1000AU but probably more than the PS5 at launch. The hardware is still subsidised so they'll need to price them appropriately to sell enough to make back costs through software. It's almost like they don't anticipate to sell many in this climate regardless so the Pro is priced at cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back