Please don't hurt me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Megan

Senior List
Apr 14, 2004
Tassie
Straight off the bat, I'm a Bombers supporter.

BUT I am here with a question that the AFL site can't answer because it's shite. (Can I say shite?)

How much is an interstate membership for the Roos? If you guys do an interstate membership, that is. I'm in Tassie, and as I stated I'm a one eyed Bomber however I have immense respect for the Roos, always have had, I must confess I have a wee little soft spot for them.

Whilst I'd be happy to see teams like Carrrrrlton gone, I really really don't like the idea of the Roos having to relocate... so I'm contemplating taking a membership with you guys for next season. I know it's not much $$, as I wont be attending games or anything but I figure it all adds up.

This is NOT pity money and I'm NOT trolling...

Can anyone help me out?

BUT I am here with a question that the AFL site can't answer because it's shite. (Can I say shite?)

How much is an interstate membership for the Roos? If you guys do an interstate membership, that is. I'm in Tassie, and as I stated I'm a one eyed Bomber however I have immense respect for the Roos, always have had, I must confess I have a wee little soft spot for them.

Whilst I'd be happy to see teams like Carrrrrlton gone, I really really don't like the idea of the Roos having to relocate... so I'm contemplating taking a membership with you guys for next season. I know it's not much $$, as I wont be attending games or anything but I figure it all adds up.

Can anyone help me out?

Doubt anyone is going to be anything but kind to someone offering to support the club.

An 'Aussie Membership' entitles you to any 5 games of your choice, around Australia, and is approximately $80-$90.

The perfect membership for you - support the club, give it to a friend to come with you when you goto Bombers v North games, etc.

:)

Theb kangaroos membership is being reworked and there will be an "armchair" membership for people who want to join but can't attend games. Watch out for them when the memberships are launched.

Thanks for your support. :thumbsu:

I think it's ok to say 'shite' on here. Some people say much worse and get away with it;).

This year we had an 8-game package for about $150 from memory. I'm hopeless on the details and it's all so confusing.

Next year there's talk of reviving some sort of arm-chair membership that counts in the membership numbers (which is important).

I'm sure you'll be swamped with accurate information. Thanks for thinking of us and you're welcome anytime.

Megan, you say you are one eyed red and black, but I saw just a twinkle of blue and white there:p

Good on you... this is what we need.... a unification of the AFL supporters over team supporters. No one agrees with relocation and noone wants to see the Roos go (except maybe some hawks fans), so every little bit counts.

You're a champ for even thinking about it:thumbsu:

Aussie Kangaroos Membership

cost of 2007 membership: $95 or $8.64 per month

Benefits for 2007:
member kit
free general admission to any 5 Kangaroos games
all editions of roos news
weekly email with latest club news and offers

you can always contact the club on 1300 36 32 31 for more info...

Theb kangaroos membership is being reworked and there will be an "armchair" membership for people who want to join but can't attend games. Watch out for them when the memberships are launched.

If that is true, I think they will sell well.

Along the lines of the old "Country roo" membership that got you in to 3 games that were quite popular up my way.

If these lower level memberships are included in our overall tally, while not being overly financial for us, would take a fair bit of media pressure off us.

Thanks guys :) Was worried that some people might get a bit proud and resent 'handouts' which is what I really didn't want it coming across as.

This armchair one sounds pretty good, just the sort of thing I could use! Sounds like your memberships are pretty price comparative with my boys, so that's orright!

Only ticketed memberships count toward the official AFL numbers.

So the "Aussie Roo" is beneficial in that it not only gets money for the club, but also boosts member numbers.

The armchair membership, while probably getting people who can't go to the games to chip in financially, might actually hurt the official membership numbers if some were to trade in a ticketed membership for an armchair one.

The club really has to push to increase ticketed members in Victoria because they may lose some interstate, internationals, and (hopefully not) Victorian members who can't make it to many games to the new armchair category.

Overall, I think if the armchair is close in price to the Aussie Roo, it would help financially as if someone was going to a few games, it would make sense to keep the Aussie Roo, but if you wouldn't buy an Aussie Roo for whatever reason, maybe some will buy the armchair and give the club money they hadn't in the past. Thus positive cash flow.

But the real issue is getting supporters in Victoria to buy ticketed memberships and get them going thru the turnstiles. The other members help the bottom line (which is important) but don't affect the future of the club nearly as much as those in the heartland.

Thanks guys :) Was worried that some people might get a bit proud and resent 'handouts' which is what I really didn't want it coming across as.

This armchair one sounds pretty good, just the sort of thing I could use! Sounds like your memberships are pretty price comparative with my boys, so that's orright!

Thanks Megan for your kind words and offer of support it is much appreciated. Yeah we think our club is pretty special and vehemently want to keep it in Melbourne.

Only ticketed memberships count toward the official AFL numbers.

So the "Aussie Roo" is beneficial in that it not only gets money for the club, but also boosts member numbers.

The armchair membership, while probably getting people who can't go to the games to chip in financially, might actually hurt the official membership numbers if some were to trade in a ticketed membership for an armchair one.

The club really has to push to increase ticketed members in Victoria because they may lose some interstate, internationals, and (hopefully not) Victorian members who can't make it to many games to the new armchair category.

Overall, I think if the armchair is close in price to the Aussie Roo, it would help financially as if someone was going to a few games, it would make sense to keep the Aussie Roo, but if you wouldn't buy an Aussie Roo for whatever reason, maybe some will buy the armchair and give the club money they hadn't in the past. Thus positive cash flow.

But the real issue is getting supporters in Victoria to buy ticketed memberships and get them going thru the turnstiles. The other members help the bottom line (which is important) but don't affect the future of the club nearly as much as those in the heartland.

Then perhaps the armchair membership should include entry to 2-3 games. I know lots of people (in my family) who would come to Melbourne to watch only a few games a year, so they don't buy a full membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangalover, I reckon you're club is pretty special too. I have heaps of respect for the Roos, and never understood why everyone tipped you to finish so poorly this year :confused:

Gabbie, nah, tho I do know some relos of his - tiny Tassie ;)

Can anyone help me out?
You are welcome with open arms Megan,a very noble gesture indeed.

Thanks for your support. :thumbsu:

Will these go toward the membership count? Ie will they satisfy the Brayshaw Demand?

If so, I'd happily snap some up for family and friends.

kangalover, I reckon you're club is pretty special too. I have heaps of respect for the Roos, and never understood why everyone tipped you to finish so poorly this year :confused:

Gabbie, nah, tho I do know some relos of his - tiny Tassie ;)

So you obviously didn't embrace the "Tassie Hawks" good for you.:thumbsu:

Will these go toward the membership count? Ie will they satisfy the Brayshaw Demand?

If so, I'd happily snap some up for family and friends.

Not sure but I suspect not. I was just told there would be an option of a membership for people who couldn't necessarily attend games but wanted to be a member and help the club. From what others have posted it looks like unless there is admission to a number of games included it might not be counted (the money is still good).
Have to wait and see what is released but at least we can be sure there will be an option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Please don't hurt me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back