Remove this Banner Ad

greatguy

Debutant
Apr 20, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you are going to call yourselves broadcasters:
1/Make the time to know how surnames are pronounced for both teams.
2/Find out why players really!!!!!!!!!!! have protection on their bodies.

And don't have an have an unhealthly obession with Andrew Sturgess , Dylan Maxwell

Bit harsh guys considering they are volunteers. My favourite Plenty Valley FM moment came in last years Grand Final, when the work experience kid made a remark to the tune of "it's the changing of the guard" which was promptly followed by 9 unanswered Heidelberg goals. They do a good job though

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatguy

And don't have an have an unhealthly obession with Andrew Sturgess , Dylan Maxwell

That Dylan Maxwell is a tosser from way back :D

Agree. The standard of all the league’s media activities has gone down hill faster than an Alpine skier in the last couple of seasons. Firstly the new NFL administration throws out all the volunteers from previous seasons and appoints a female who had no idea of Aussie Rules, let alone the DVFL history and the NFL. Then she is sacked and work-experience students are used to run the whole system. Yes, they may be volunteers, but it doesn’t show well for the league when they continue to make inane comments and continually talk over themselves. You get the impression that they are all their for their own self promotion. And where is all the Junior information that was supposed to have been part of the football record as was promised to the clubs pre-season. Anyone can cut and paste from the internet for a printer to print.

Broadcast of the match of the day has been disapointing this year.
Still recall the comments of one NFL comentator last season though, refering to past DVFL B&F, Heidelbergs Dean Haydock as a "lesser light", obviousely has little knowledge of comp.
Why was the previous media manager sacked as pointed out in the previous post?

K ill go out to clubs and ask how every name is pronounced and ask why someoone is wearing a helmet, the league has constantly asked for people to come help and the door is wide open if ya wanna come in and help, ill let ya sit right beside me and call we'll see how ya go then, it isnt easy and if you dont like it dont listen or contact the league instead of hiding behind a nickname tough man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatguy

Agree. The standard of all the league’s media activities has gone down hill faster than an Alpine skier in the last couple of seasons. Firstly the new NFL administration throws out all the volunteers from previous seasons and appoints a female who had no idea of Aussie Rules, let alone the DVFL history and the NFL. Then she is sacked and work-experience students are used to run the whole system. Yes, they may be volunteers, but it doesn’t show well for the league when they continue to make inane comments and continually talk over themselves. You get the impression that they are all their for their own self promotion. And where is all the Junior information that was supposed to have been part of the football record as was promised to the clubs pre-season. Anyone can cut and paste from the internet for a printer to print.

How do you know she had no idea about aussie rules, did you even know her?? and she wasn't sacked ******** so again your wrong, Again if you have a problem come in on game day and you can sit beside me and have a go at it. The door is wide open.

K ill go out to clubs and ask how every name is pronounced and ask why someoone is wearing a helmet, the league has constantly asked for people to come help and the door is wide open if ya wanna come in and help, ill let ya sit right beside me and call we'll see how ya go then, it isnt easy and if you dont like it dont listen or contact the league instead of hiding behind a nickname tough man!

No you look at the lists in the morning, before you go to broadcast, then if there are names that you are iffy about, you speak to the team managers and ask them.
As to body protection, what people are saying, don't make assumptions,(it may well be because of a serious condition or operation). Yes you will not know until a player(s) run out, but when they do, and they have a protective device be it, knee, shoulder, head, etc etc, at 1/4 time or half time or whenever find the time to ask, thats all us supporters and listeners ask,players make assumptions on other players, commentators should not.

No you look at the lists in the morning, before you go to broadcast, then if there are names that you are iffy about, you speak to the team managers and ask them.
As to body protection, what people are saying, don't make assumptions,(it may well be because of a serious condition or operation). Yes you will not know until a player(s) run out, but when they do, and they have a protective device be it, knee, shoulder, head, etc etc, at 1/4 time or half time or whenever find the time to ask, thats all us supporters and listeners ask,players make assumptions on other players, commentators should not.

Mate we are volunteers, I play footy in the morning and then drive to the game and if you had any idea you would know that it takes a good 30 mins to setup all the gear, and by the time it is all ready we are on air and clubs half the time change their lists last minute and sometimes we are left running around finding out who players are, we never have bagged anyone for wearing protective gear, our only comment on the weekend was to a player from eltham that had had his shoulder tap caught in a tackle which left it hanging off everywhere and said he might have to get it fixed, you guys are full of criticism, where were your applications when the league put out offers for people to help out?? You guys sound like you know it all, will i see ya gameday helping us out, we could use some experts???

The radio boys do a good job... the only thing i reacon they could do if find out the umpires names and mention them a bit more.

Keep up the good work on the radio Dyl Max and co

Haha if your such the expert on the subject of broadcasting maybe you should take Dyl up on his offer and go call with him and we'll see how ya travel you Goose! The kid goes to uni and works the rest of the time and then finds time to train and then plays saturday morning and then has to leave straight away to go set up wherever it is they are calling from, and by the time HE finishes setting up they go on air, he told me that sometimes he cant even eat until half time because none of them have time too, lukey does the junior show at the station in the morning and then has to catch public transport to get the broadcast match plus he also does year 12 and Kouta works full time and works saturday mornings also, none of them even get paid for what they do and if you knew so much you'd realise they are there from 1-6 and dont get a cent, and here your are having a dip at them, I hope ya take Dyl up on his offer instead hiding behind your nickname and having pot shots you Fckn Cabbage!

haha
dyl max best commentator out... in nfl
no1 else can do a better job.. and if ya think yous can
go and commentate then..
and why would we wanna know umpires names...
we know most of them anyway..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys still do the pre-game preview.If so maybe you could get somebody from the home side in,let them mention their sponsors and get info for all players at the same time.Also how do people know which game is broadcast each week.

Do you guys still do the pre-game preview.If so maybe you could get somebody from the home side in,let them mention their sponsors and get info for all players at the same time.Also how do people know which game is broadcast each week.

Yeah we do that from 1 til around 2 or so, depending on when the game starts. And we do get people in from both clubs playing and have a chat to em about the club and players within the side and they advertise upcoming functions etc, but to get through all of the previews usually one interview is enough. And in regards to knowing where the match of the day is being held normally it is mentioned on the site late in the week and remains on the home page til saturday night until all the results are uploaded, This week its Heidleberg V Northcote park and we start at about 5 past 1, tune in :thumbsu:

Yeah we do that from 1 til around 2 or so, depending on when the game starts. And we do get people in from both clubs playing and have a chat to em about the club and players within the side and they advertise upcoming functions etc, but to get through all of the previews usually one interview is enough. And in regards to knowing where the match of the day is being held normally it is mentioned on the site late in the week and remains on the home page til saturday night until all the results are uploaded, This week its Heidleberg V Northcote park and we start at about 5 past 1, tune in :thumbsu:

I will definately be tuning in. I listen every saturday, I think use are all really doing an outstanding job, special mention to dylan, exceptional job every week!! I believe you may get a long way in radio/tv career! Whoever is saying otherwise does not have a clue.

Keep up the good work guys.

the commentating of games was the best when the league was still the DVFL not the NFL. now they're just plain poor, who were the commentators back then?

how funny was the pre match today when the big footy boys got in trouble from big bad JC for having a crack at the commentating. For the record i dont think you do a bad job but you look weak as piss when you have JC sticking up for you.

I will definately be tuning in. I listen every saturday, I think use are all really doing an outstanding job, special mention to dylan, exceptional job every week!! I believe you may get a long way in radio/tv career! Whoever is saying otherwise does not have a clue.

Keep up the good work guys.

i agree, the broadcast on saturdays is number one, i would hope that the boys will be broadcasting at De Winton when Macleod meet Diamond Creek in round 10. First game back home for the season on a new track and minus the hill.

Saturdays coverage of the Heidelberg-Northcote Park game was very good with Carey on the special comments with Couta and Maxwell calling and the other young guy reporting on the quarter and three quarter time addresses.

Dylan and the rest of his crew do a wonderful job with the broadcast. and i agree with dylan if you reckon his doing a shit job then perhaps you should get off your fat arses and do something about it and go show him how it is done so "perfectly" insted of getting on here and criticising him.

the commentating of games was the best when the league was still the DVFL not the NFL. now they're just plain poor, who were the commentators back then?

Match of the round, West Heidelberg vs Panton Hill. What a joke. What is the NFL administration and the radio callers on? Haven't they taken their medication this week? Yes, good that a Div.2 match has been selected, but why not one of the other two matches? No wonder the is an increasing disenchantment with the media and radio programs.

Match of the round, West Heidelberg vs Panton Hill. What a joke. What is the NFL administration and the radio callers on? Haven't they taken their medication this week? Yes, good that a Div.2 match has been selected, but why not one of the other two matches? No wonder the is an increasing disenchantment with the media and radio programs.

Apart from the entitlement of both Panton Hill and Heidelberg West to get some exposure in the district,have you thought it just might have something to do also with the inadequate broadcasting facilities currently available at both Watsonia and Diamond Creek BBTL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty Valley FM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back