Pointless thing AFL does that irks me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year. They say it's 24 rounds in 25 weeks with 2 byes.
Why not just say 25 rounds in 25 weeks with 3 byes, 1 of which will be in the first 2 weeks?
Why can't the "split round" just be 2 separate rounds where everyone has a bye?

As I said in the title, it's pointless, but it still annoys me.

No slider bar on their "Smart" Replay video feature. You can only skip forward by goals, behinds, free kicks, marks etc - you can't just pick the 5 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

The Smart replay feature won't go full screen on my TV when I go the go full screen button. It only goes about 2/3 size with black borders around the rest.

No slider bar on their "Smart" Replay video feature. You can only skip forward by goals, behinds, free kicks, marks etc - you can't just pick the 5 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

The Smart replay feature won't go full screen on my TV when I go the go full screen button. It only goes about 2/3 size with black borders around the rest.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by this.

All of this.

There are enough open source flash player applets that the web developers could use which would be infinitely better than the pile of trash they currently use.

A tiny thing, but why does the AFL make the subs wear a fluro vest?

To make the player feel foolish. The player already feels bad, and is now made to look silly.

It for me is kind of like the dais at the Olympics. You were beaten by 2 cm in the long jump, and then they make you look shorter than the guy who won as well... :)

To make the player feel foolish. The player already feels bad, and is now made to look silly.

It for me is kind of like the dais at the Olympics. You were beaten by 2 cm in the long jump, and then they make you look shorter than the guy who won as well... :)

Well done, you've been good enough to be best 22 for an AFL team, but unfortunately you aren't that ****ing good, have a bright green vest to make you feel even more shocking!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tiny thing, but why does the AFL make the subs wear a fluro vest? Just seems pointless and no need. Interchange steward should know who the player is so its not like he will sneak onto the ground, especially with 20,000+ people and a coaches box watching.

Especially given they make him wear it in the warm up. If they insist on a vest, why not just at the start of the game?

The score review system. They finally spent some money on it for the finals and then they would show 4 different camera angles, none which are relevant and replay the wrong part over and over. I hope the 3rd umpire wasn't watching the same vision as it was hopeless most of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pointless thing AFL does that irks me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back