Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

As of some time around the end of last year to the start of this year, we are now closer to the next visit of Halley's Comet than the previous visit.
and 1986 was like the suckiest visit on record

and 1986 was like the suckiest visit on record
Yeah we had a night at school near the perihelion and could hardly see a faint star like object through binoculars.

Luckily my father got me out of bed early a couple of weeks before in March and I got a reasonable look at it. Hoping to be around for the next visit.

Yeah we had a night at school near the perihelion and could hardly see a faint star like object through binoculars.

Luckily my father got me out of bed early a couple of weeks before in March and I got a reasonable look at it. Hoping to be around for the next visit.
The Hale Bopp comet in the late 90s was a lot bigger than Halley's Comet.

The actor D’Arcy Corrigan who played the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come in the 1938 film version died spookily on Christmas Day seven years later (ala Marley’s Xmas Eve passing seven years past).

I haven't googled this yet to check but I'm reliably told that the dots on top of an "i" and a "j" are called "tittles".

Correct while the little groove above the top lip is your "philtrum."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Vale FC, located in Stoke On Trent were admitted to the English Football League in 1907 and have been there ever since, never losing their place and being relegated to the National League - a fate which befell former Premier League Club Oldham which from the mid-1990s slowly worked its way down the divisions until it was relegated from the EFL altogether by 2020.

However Port Vale holds the record as the longest tenured professional EFL club to have never played in the Premier League (Division 1). They have made it to the Championship (Division 2) on a number of occasions most recently the late 1990s/early 2000s, but never once into the top division.

As of some time around the end of last year to the start of this year, we are now closer to the next visit of Halley's Comet than the previous visit.

And Carlton are certain to lose the 2061 AFL Grand Final having been beaten in the 1910 and 1986 Grand Finals by Collingwood and Hawthorn respectively.

Yesterday's classic Qualifying Final between the Sydney Swans and GWS Giants had two players - one from each side - who had namesakes who had rising acting careers in the late 1990s/early 2000s but have since faded away from the limelight.

For the Sydney Swans there was Jake Lloyd, whose acting namesake played the young Annakin Skywalker in the Phantom Menace among some other roles such as the young son in the Christmas comedy 'Jingle All The Way'. For the GWS Giants there was Tom Green, the same name as the Canadian comedian who had his own show 'The Tom Green Show', as well as roles in Road Trip and Charlie's Angels, before horrifying and outraging people all over the planet by writing, directing and starring in the infamous shock comedy 'Freddy Got Fingered' in 2001.

Going back many years to 1979, the St Kilda team thrashed by Collingwood by 178-points in Round 4 of that year contained two players whose actor namesakes were on 'The Aunty Jack Show' several years earlier - Graeme Bond and Gary McDonald. If only the game had been moved away from Victoria Park and played in Wollongong, the Saints might have performed better against the Magpies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back