Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

I have mentioned this elsewhere before but Gai Waterhouse once starred in a 1970s Doctor Who serial The Invasion of Time with Gai Waterhouse

images

She was actually surprisingly decent in it too as Time Lord outcast/Shobogan Presta.

Also philreich (contrary to popular belief) is not Luke Skywalker's Father.
I see Bob Hope got a gig also

the idea that our governments encourage and foster innovation or reward it isn't something I have heard much about
And the Libs gutted the CSIRO and put them on sales KPIs.

I don't know if this is "pointless", but I need back up.

1. Crossword clue is "Forearm bones". 5 letters. U.N..

What is the answer?

2. Crossword clue is "Asian Language". C.I.E.E. Obviously it's "Chinese". Which I didn't think was a language. What say you?

I don't know if this is "pointless", but I need back up.

1. Crossword clue is "Forearm bones". 5 letters. U.N..

What is the answer?

2. Crossword clue is "Asian Language". C.I.E.E. Obviously it's "Chinese". Which I didn't think was a language. What say you?
1. ulnas or ulnae
2. I assume you have an extra . at the end, otherwise Chinese doesn't fit. I think for a generic term for language from China, Chinese is plausible as an answer, if technically wrong.

India have now won more Test matches than they've lost.
Loved Bishen Bedi and Chetan Chauhan and Sunny Gavaskar

But gee they were easybeats in the 70s - well away from home anyway

Loved Bishen Bedi and Chetan Chauhan and Sunny Gavaskar

But gee they were easybeats in the 70s - well away from home anyway
Last fifteen or so years it's been. The cricket team reflects a confident modern India who can compete with anyone in the world, prior to that they still had a self doubting mindset that despite appearances to the contrary had them wondering whether they were up to competing on a world stage.

Robert Patrick (T1000 in Terminator 2) is the older brother of Richard Patrick, the lead singer/guitarist from Filter and the original guitarist for NIN

Robert Patrick (T1000 in Terminator 2) is the older brother of Richard Patrick, the lead singer/guitarist from Filter and the original guitarist for NIN
In that vein Richard Osman's older brother is Mat Osman from Suede.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's further from Brisbane to Cairns than it is Brisbane to Melbourne.
I used to work at a logistics company in Perth. A particular customer would complain that their deliveries to Broome weren't in a timely manner. They figured it should be the same day as Perth.

I used to work at a logistics company in Perth. A particular customer would complain that their deliveries to Broome weren't in a timely manner. They figured it should be the same day as Perth.

On a similar note, not sure if they still offer it but some car rental companies used to offer discounts on one way rentals when they needed specific vehicles moved between locations

One such deal I saw was Europcar, driving a vehicle from Perth to Darwin - 3 days to make the trip, with a limit of 500km per day and you were responsible for any additional KMs traveled...

The oldest current living persons list for obvious reason changes frequently, but on the current list there are a couple of interesting dates of birth:

Fujiko Mahara (Japan) Born 13-December-1910: Born the day after (or in actual time the same day given time difference between Japan and the USA) wealthy American heiress Dorothy Arnold vanished without trace from Fifth Avenue New York, a high profile missing person's case still unsolved to this day.

Hazel Skuce (Canada) Born 07-February-1912: Born the same date as Roberta McCain, the mother of long-serving American politician the late John McCain. Roberta McCain, who outlived her son, also lived to be a centenarian, dying at age 108 in 2020.

Margaret Romans (Canada) - Born 16-March-1912: Born the same date as Patricia Nixon (Nee Ryan), First Lady of the USA 1969-1974. Patricia Nixon died in 1993 at age 81, several months before her husband Richard who died in early 1994.

Teodora Bermejo (Spain) - Born 01-April-1912: Born the same date scheduled for the Titanic's sea trials, before windy weather in Belfast that day delayed them until Tuesday 2nd April. In any case, 01-Apr-1912 was the last full day the Titanic spent in Belfast.

Maria Ricci (Italy) - Born 16-April-1912: Born the day after the Titanic sank and spent its first full day at the bottom of the North Atlantic.

On a similar note, not sure if they still offer it but some car rental companies used to offer discounts on one way rentals when they needed specific vehicles moved between locations

One such deal I saw was Europcar, driving a vehicle from Perth to Darwin - 3 days to make the trip, with a limit of 500km per day and you were responsible for any additional KMs traveled...
I looked at hiring a van from Broome to Perth. One of the directions was about 1/3 of the price just a couple of years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back