Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Overwhlming evidence would suggest otherwise. You never have an actual argument in response but instead abuse and name call while complaining how others do that and you also constantly deny you've posted things you later acknowledge you've posted. A recent example is you claiming to not take one sided positions in a debate when that's all you do.

Where have I name called? Are you projecting here?

When I have been wrong I acknowledge it and apologise and put a note on the post. I have done that in the last fortnight.

You make claims that something has been posted and when asked to quote the post, do not provide a quote from the post. Which is debating in bad faith.

You are right he has been a high quality politician his whole career and I hope he isn't forced out by the Dems as that would be wrong. Let the people have the candidate they voted for. I am backing Biden in.
You'll get $7.50 for every dollar you invest in Biden currently. I don't think there's any chance he'll be the Dems nomination currently. He can step down at the National Dems Convention.
https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2024-5479667

The UK is paying for the rope to choke itself.

Like a heroin addict Western countries need to hit rock bottom before they either die or make the changes neccessary to save itself.

The juxtaposition of the two videos seems like an attempt to force a point of connection that doesn't exist between two different conversations at two different points in time.

Christopher Hitchens is mostly right but how is it related to what Starmer is saying?

Hitchens was an atheist and his media appearances during that era were on the back of his best-selling book "God Is Not Great". The subtitle of that book is "How Religion Poisons Everything". If you've read it, you'll know when he dishes it out, he doesn't just reserve scorn for the flaws of Islam, he points out the cruelty, lies and hatred that exists in all religions, mainstream and whacko. If he was still alive, he'd have just as much to say about the current US Republican Party's embrace of Christofascism - which would have been consistent with his commentary on the influence of the far-right on US policy. Witness for instance his contrarian remarks on the death of Reverend Jerry Falwell when everywhere else in the media there was eulogization of his life.

You don't know the context of what Starmer is referencing in that video. Starmer's ascension to the leadership of the British Labour Party has been on the back of his promise to rid the party of the perception of antisemitism, which was a factor that played against Jeremy Corbyn losing the 2017 British election - and that largely to do with Corbyn having been a long-time campaigner for Palestinian statehood. Corbyn was kicked out of the Labour Party over the issue and ran as an independent in this election, winning his seat in Islington North.

As far as British foreign policy towards the conflict in Gaza - I don't really see the prospect of any change away from supporting Israel to the hilt in the same way as Sunak and Biden and Trump have.

Last edited:
Why does the far left hate Elon Musk so much.

Because he had the gall to buy twitter... then when they celebrated its death as he culled 75-80% of its workforce it somehow survived. Then he introduced community notes, which amusingly correct his posts from time to time. Then many of the hoaxs have been unveiled for what they are and as such he is hated.

Oh and he is white and rich.

White, rich and on the left as he should be (as mentioned by Sherriff) and he would be applauded. Or Bezos who bought one of the biggest lefty papers but let it remain far left... fine.

It really has been and is lie watching a strange movie what they are doing to Elon.

He won a contract to provide internet to remote areas of the US. Biden hates him so we will spend billions elsewhere... no internet but at least there is no Elon. It is baffling.

Because he had the gall to buy twitter... then when they celebrated its death as he culled 75-80% of its workforce it somehow survived. Then he introduced community notes, which amusingly correct his posts from time to time. Then many of the hoaxs have been unveiled for what they are and as such he is hated.

Oh and he is white and rich.

White, rich and on the left as he should be (as mentioned by Sherriff) and he would be applauded. Or Bezos who bought one of the biggest lefty papers but let it remain far left... fine.

It really has been and is lie watching a strange movie what they are doing to Elon.

He won a contract to provide internet to remote areas of the US. Biden hates him so we will spend billions elsewhere... no internet but at least there is no Elon. It is baffling.

Satellite internet is actually the biggest threat to global security ever. Should there be an event requiring the restriction of the internet and strictly just terrestrial television and radio to be the means by which the public is informed it would represent an uncontrolled and uncontrollable leak.

For the safety of democracy, Musk needs to be destroyed.

Satellite internet is actually the biggest threat to global security ever. Should there be an event requiring the restriction of the internet and strictly just terrestrial television and radio to be the means by which the public is informed it would represent an uncontrolled and uncontrollable leak.

If a world war became a big enough threat to the American public, the US government could knock out another's countries satellite if needed.

So could those other countries.

Musk might be super wealthy and have some control of the media but the world superpowers have the ultimate control.

If a world war became a big enough threat to the American public, the US government could knock out another's countries satellite if needed.

So could those other countries.

Musk might be super wealthy and have some control of the media but the world superpowers have the ultimate control.

There aren't enough anti satellite weapons on earth to hit the spaceX array up there. There's over 6200 of them.

But there are only a handful of hard lines between nations.

What a load of rubbish. I'd rather Musk have control of satellites then so many of the leaders in the world currently. Mush isnt the one supplyig the world's arm dealers because thats the US Government. In so many ways Musk is one of the few people in the world to stand up against the US military contractors and thats why so many governments want to silence him. Have a look at who's arming both Hamas and the Israel army. For the sake of democracy the world desperately needs more people like Musk who have the courage to call out government corruption.

Last edited:
What a load of rubbish. I'd rather Musk have control of satellites then so many of the leaders in the world currently. Mush isnt the one supplyig the world's arm dealers because thats the US Government. In so many ways Musk is one of the few people in the world to stand up against the US military contractors and thats why so many governments want to silence him. Have a look at who's arming both Hamas and the Israel army. For the sake of democracy the world desperately needs more people like Musk who have the courage to call ut government corruption.

Yep, this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There aren't enough anti satellite weapons on earth to hit the spaceX array up there. There's over 6200 of them.

But there are only a handful of hard lines between nations.

Yep, but he's not the one invading countries and launching missiles and bombs.

It is almost like he falls across the occasional thing that is funny but in general, you are right.
I don't think his humour is for anyone bar himself and I also dont think thats a bad thing.. Elon has unique views on the world but that uniqueness is also what made him a billionaire. Plus I also think he's funnier then many of the woke comedians who take every view they oppose to the extreme. Again I'm only talking about the extremes.

Last edited:
What a load of rubbish. I'd rather Musk have control of satellites then so many of the leaders in the world currently. Mush isnt the one supplyig the world's arm dealers because thats the US Government. In so many ways Musk is one of the few people in the world to stand up against the US military contractors and thats why so many governments want to silence him. Have a look at who's arming both Hamas and the Israel army. For the sake of democracy the world desperately needs more people like Musk who have the courage to call out government corruption.

You picked up exactly what I was saying between the lines...

Lol.

Don't pretend for a second that you were coming here to have a chat about democracy.

You came here to vent your anger at your 'team' losing an election, sprinkled with a healthy dose of islamophobia.

And you are an antisemite.

Take you support for Islamofascism and jam it.

Very sad day for French culture. Their traditions and culture are worth saving.

My heart goes out to the Jewish population living there, already facing persecution from radical Islamists as the left look the other way.

It is about to get significantly worse.

1720409276057.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back