Norwood, Red Wings
2008 Round 4 vs Hawthorn- Loss
2008 Round 1 vs Western Bulldogs- Loss
2007 Elimination Final v Hawthorn- Loss
2007 Round 22 vs Collingwood- Win
2007 Round 19 vs Geelong- Loss
2007 Round 17 vs Essendon- Loss
2007 Round 15 vs St. Kilda- Loss

It’s interesting because the general consensus is that we’re a successful team on the road however as shown above, we have only managed 1 win in our last 7 interstate games. How much do we read into it? Let's hope we can reverse the trend with a win on the weekend.

It’s interesting because the general consensus is that we’re a successful team on the road however as shown above, we have only managed 1 win in our last 7 interstate games. How much do we read into it? Let's hope we can reverse the trend with a win on the weekend.

Yes and no, you look at the quality of those teams there, we have Hawthorn twice, who are a top class out fit with the best forward in the game, the Bulldogs are yet to lose a match this year and it took some individual Brilliance from a 300 gamer to win it, Geelong, well, need I say more, Essendon we have never beaten in Victoria, + there was the Sheedy retirement factor and the Saints, well that was one we probably should have one. Collingwood, the team we beat were less than a goal from knocking off Geelong in the prelim.

If we start losing to some crappy sides, then yes I'd say we have a problem, but really, there are some quality teams there. Keep an eye on it, maybe, but I'd think we might have a few interstate wins soon enough to even that up.

Four games from the end of last year when we were terrible, one game from this year that was decided by 6 points, another after a sapping win? Not convinced.

How about some stats for 2005 to round 15 2007?

Not a huge sample size. I dont think theres been a pattern of failure on the road. It looks worse because of the period late last year where we were missing Rutten, yet managed to draw every team with a power forward. Over the whole of last season, we were fairly good on the road.

Not a huge sample size. I dont think theres been a pattern of failure on the road. It looks worse because of the period late last year where we were missing Rutten, yet managed to draw every team with a power forward. Over the whole of last season, we were fairly good on the road.
That’s why I said of LATE. ;)

Of course we're a side that travels pretty well but all I’m saying is that we’ve lost 6 of our last 7 on the road and I hope the trend doesn’t continue.

That’s why I said of LATE. ;)

Of course we're a side that travels pretty well but all I’m saying is that we’ve lost 6 of our last 7 on the road and I hope the trend doesn’t continue.

Yeah, but there were extinuating circumstances for a few of em. Three we lost by under a goal.... excluding the bulldogs one which we should have won (missed shot on the siren), and the Hawks final which has been done to death...

2008 Round 4 vs Hawthorn- Loss - No real shame in this loss... they'll beat most teams this year, especially in tassie.
2007 Round 19 vs Geelong- Loss - Whos beating them at skilled lately?
2007 Round 17 vs Essendon- Loss - Trucks injury hurt us bad. Lloyd kicks 6 or so in his absence.
2007 Round 15 vs St. Kilda- Loss - Injuries cost us this match. We were ravaged, and lost by under a goal.

I dont think its something that needs to be worried about at the moment. Im more than confident we'll win this week. :)

Didn't think I'd seen a win in a while. We also lost to Melbourne at the G last year, which was a particularly horrible walk of shame out of the ground as the Demon supporters were anything but gracious in their victory.

Nothing should be read into it other than we are not a young side however I just get the feeling this is simply another bias attempt from you to post a negative thread. Why didn’t you include the first 15 round when we won a few games? Didn’t like those stats, so lets not sue them?

What about

Round 12 Vs the Kangaroos – won by 46 points
Round 11 vs. Melbourne – loss by 17
Round 10 vs. Carlton – won by 19
Round 7 vs. Brisbane – won by 31
Round 5 vs. Fremantle – loss by 1 point
Round 3 vs. Port Adelaide – won by 24 points *
Round 2 vs. Western Bulldogs – won by 38 points.

What about the first 15 round when we won 4 out of 6 away games Drummond? They automatically don’t count or you have ignored those because they don’t add weight to your negative argument. I appreciate you said ‘of late’ but you included last years results so to be fair you also had to include the first 15 positive winning rounds. You bias ____.

However since we now have a relatively young side, our away form is going to be up and down. So taking that into consideration the last 14 away games have resulted in 6 victories* (one was against Port Adelaide) and that equates to a 42.8% record. I don’t believe that is too bad.

Put all the fact into perspective before taking easy pot shots at Neil Craig or the AFC.

Nothing should be read into it other than we are not a young side however I just get the feeling this is simply another bias attempt from you to post a negative thread. Why didn’t you include the first 15 round when we won a few games? Didn’t like those stats, so lets not sue them?

What about

Round 12 Vs the Kangaroos – won by 46 points
Round 11 vs. Melbourne – loss by 17
Round 10 vs. Carlton – won by 19
Round 7 vs. Brisbane – won by 31
Round 5 vs. Fremantle – loss by 1 point
Round 3 vs. Port Adelaide – won by 24 points *
Round 2 vs. Western Bulldogs – won by 38 points.

What about the first 15 round when we won 4 out of 6 away games Drummond? They automatically don’t count or you have ignored those because they don’t add weight to your negative argument. I appreciate you said ‘of late’ but you included last years results so to be fair you also had to include the first 15 positive winning rounds. You bias ____.

However since we now have a relatively young side, our away form is going to be up and down. So taking that into consideration the last 14 away games have resulted in 6 victories* (one was against Port Adelaide) and that equates to a 42.8% record. I don’t believe that is too bad.

Put all the fact into perspective before taking easy pot shots at Neil Craig or the AFC.
Fair enough post but you lose any credability when you count Port Adelaide as an away win. Did I fail to make the 'interstate' part of my post clear?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all of those bagging Drummond, I bet you'd be quick to use this stat if it was Port Adelaide that had lost 6 of their last 7 on the road, regardless of who they played.

That's not to say that who we have played, who was in and out etc isn't relevant, but on the surface it doesn't look great.

I really believe we'll turn it around this week and make it two out of the last eight. Fevola's not the issue - blocking his space and defensive pressure on the ball carrier is, and generally we are a very good team at these.

For all of those bagging Drummond, I bet you'd be quick to use this stat if it was Port Adelaide that had lost 6 of their last 7 on the road, regardless of who they played.

That's not to say that who we have played, who was in and out etc isn't relevant, but on the surface it doesn't look great.

I really believe we'll turn it around this week and make it two out of the last eight. Fevola's not the issue - blocking his space and defensive pressure on the ball carrier is, and generally we are a very good team at these.

Whos bagging Drummond? Everyones addressed the issue.

Fair enough post but you lose any credability when you count Port Adelaide as an away win. Did I fail to make the 'interstate' part of my post clear?

You made the thread to highlight the fact we had lost 6 out of our last 7 interstate games, exclude that Port Adelaide and the record in my opinion still looks pretty good.

5 victories in our last 13 interstate games isn’t considered that bad. Like I said, we have a lot of young player in the side now and have to expect some inconsistency, especially on the road.

Whether it's 1/7 lately, or 5/13 on a longer scale, it's a reflection of the fact that we've shifted back from being a competition pace-setter to a competitive mid-table (or thereabouts) side.

Who’s bagging Drummond? He made a statement suggesting that our interstate record is poor because we have lost 6 out of our last 7 interstate games; I simply said that it’s not as bad as he makes out if he was willing to include all the necessary stats for the predetermined period of time he was looking at.

5 out of 13 victories would be top 4 of travelling side in the competition.

Who’s bagging Drummond?
You

Originally Posted by crows98
this is simply another bias attempt from you to post a negative thread. Why didn’t you include the first 15 round when we won a few games? Didn’t like those stats, so lets not sue them?

That's bagging his attempt at a legitimate thread.

You

this is simply another bias attempt from you to post a negative thread. Why didn’t you include the first 15 round when we won a few games? Didn’t like those stats, so lets not sue them?

You’re kidding me? If this was a legitimate thread why didn’t he feel the need to include the first 15 round?

Nothing legitimate about this thread at all.

You’re kidding me? If this was a legitimate thread why didn’t he feel the need to include the first 15 round?

Nothing legitimate about this thread at all.

Probably because the thread would lose relevance. We have lost 6 of the last seven, that's not to say historically we are a poor road side, but i think it is worth exploring the issue. To ignore completely the poor run of late would be aiken to saying the PAP's have a 50% showdown record overall which is good...this completely ignores an emerging trend, in this case that AFC owns Port, or that AFC have an average record over the last 7 games interstate it has played.

You

Jeez, have a sook.

For the record, if a person disagrees with an analysis, the credibility of the person who created it is clearly relevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Interstate Record of Late

Remove this Banner Ad

Back