Poor Russell robertson

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame that Melbourne heirachy tanked today. He deserved to go out with a win after 200+ games today but apparently starting someone with 4 goals to his name on the bench to deliberately lose and get a priority pick takes precedence. Would have been a massive upset too as the 16th side on the ladder has never beaten the 1st in round 22. You could sense that the players wanted to do it for him and Wheatley as well but were beaten by their own administration. Pretty deflating thanks for a club champion being sabotaged like that.

Begs the question - do u think the players lose trust in their coaches when they are fakely instructed to win but obviously don't want to?

16th loses to 1st & they're tanking? You must really rate Melbourne as a force if we have to tank against the #1 team.

Go back to the Bay.

He's been a total spud for 8 years and he puts together one mediocre season (45 goals from 20 games is hardly world beating) and all of a sudden he's not a disappointment?

Hardly worth tanking for. Who's to say Butcher wont end up the same?

As a Richmond supporter, it's illegal to talk about spuds.

Your list is full of them.

i felt sorry for him this morning after his interview on SEN. i think telling him the reasons why he might not get picked up by another club was unecessary.

He's been a total spud for 8 years and he puts together one mediocre season (45 goals from 20 games is hardly world beating) and all of a sudden he's not a disappointment?

Hardly worth tanking for. Who's to say Butcher wont end up the same?

People forget that Koschitzke won the Rising Star Award in 2001, and clearly had a better season that year than Nick Riewoldt (who coincidentally took off in Kosi's absence through injury in 2002). It's only really injury and chopping and changing his position (Ruck, CHF, FF, CHB) that has held him back over the years. Now that he's settled solely at Full Forward, he's doing well. Kosi is also one of the safest kicks at goal from the set shot in the league IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne weren't tanking, but I'm still pretty disappointed with them. Its obvious that Robertson still has something to offer. This obsession with youth has gone too far. If they decide to flick the switch and start competing again next year, Robbo would be very helpful to that cause. I suppose if winning isn't the objective it makes sense to cut him.

Shame that Melbourne heirachy tanked today
So I guess you would've been upset with West Coast last year when they blatantly tanked in 2008 in order to get pick 18. I can recall WC lost to Melbourne in round 20 last year after the Dees had been tonked by 110 pts the previous week.

The club would've been totally negligent to pass up the offer of the first 2 picks in the draft before the GC and WS steal them all. The AFL has given us the offer, and we took it. Would any other club refuse the offer? None except probably North.

I suppose if winning isn't the objective it makes sense to cut him.
Winning is the objective for the Dees for next year. We just made sure we lost less than 5 games to get picks 1 and 2 on offer - thus ensuring that we win more games in the future.

2 champions are better than 1.

Even more hysterical to see a Hawk supporter weighing into the discussion:rolleyes:

I'm not the one getting onto my high horse. I was very happy to get the priority picks in years gone by, especially when our seasons were dire and almost unwatchable. Gives a bit of hope to otherwise desolate supporters.

Missing out in 1998 didn't hurt Brisbane. If we were tanking last year we would have continued this year. We were pretty woeful in '08 for the whole season, and you don't have the tanking mindset for a whole season when you finish 3rd after H&A the previous year.

Missing out in 1998 didn't hurt Brisbane. If we were tanking last year we would have continued this year. We were pretty woeful in '08 for the whole season, and you don't have the tanking mindset for a whole season when you finish 3rd after H&A the previous year.
The game against Melbourne 2008 was very much more tanking than anything melbourne has done this season.

Robbo has had a nice long career and should leave it at that instead of sooking in every interview he goes to. Move on Robbo and stop playing the sympathy card. The Dees made a decision and thats that, so just accept it.

You spot the non-Melbourne supporters who didn't watch the game yesterday. Saints were playing shit and Melbourne were up by 3 goals at one stage in the 2nd quarter. Had all the momentum until some very dubious moves were done by the coaching staff. Forget the final scoreline, the dees were on yesterday and lifted to the occasion for a club great, but when the carpet is being pulled from under your feet by your very own coaches no less, it was only a matter of time before their fighting spirit was broken and the saints took full advantage. The final scoreline flattered the saints it's fair to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Russell robertson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back