AFLW Port Adelaide AFLW Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

926ab201e8d74a2206913cfab962589c.jpg

First training session
They are really pushing a colour and I think there's room for more of it

If it is to set an identity for them, I have no issue.
As I wrote in the other thread, it Blue Skies blue + Santos sponsorship blue. Its to make more blue than teal blue.

As I wrote in the other thread, it Blue Skies blue + Santos sponsorship blue. Its to make more blue than teal blue.

Is this your guess or is this something they've told you? The blue on the guernsey looks just like the blue on the men's guernsey.

Is this your guess or is this something they've told you? The blue on the guernsey looks just like the blue on the men's guernsey.
My guess. nearly all the branding around AFLW has been a lighter blue than teal blue.

This looks like a lighter blue to me than on the men's guernsey. It looks lighter than Brad the Brain's Teal guernsey which he called for for a couple of years and then hated it once we wore it in a pre season game.

My guess. nearly all the branding around AFLW has been a lighter blue than teal blue.

This looks like a lighter blue to me than on the men's guernsey. It looks lighter than Brad the Brain's Teal guernsey which he called for for a couple of years and then hated it once we wore it in a pre season game.

It's hard to make a call on it from photos of garments taken at different times. Material, lighting, camera, etc will all impact the perception of the colour.

To my eye it looks like the current blue on the men's guernseys, just in a larger area.

As for the marketing, we've had this discussion before. That was just a stipple of the PMS colour. It's not a different blue. It's the same blue applied to a halftone image that has more light greys in it than blacks.

Not sure if Ports or Adelaide Strikers
it’s the lighting - look at some other photos and fan photos they are floating about it’s Teal.
Erin also had a Black Polo for her presser this week, the guernsey.
I think we only had the Teal on last night because of the Darkness at Alberton.

A few guernsey numbers are in, according to their Instagram bios:

Erin Phillips: #22
Gemma Houghton: #27
Jacqueline Yorston: #6
Laquoiya Cockatoo-Motlap: #31
Litonya Cockatoo-Motlap: #30
Kate Surman: #26
Cheyenne Hammond: #28
Indy Tahau: #10
Liz McGrath: #29
Hannah Dunn: #24
Amalie Borg: #21
Maggie MacLachlan: #16
Yasmin Duursma: #7
Hannah Ewings: #12

EDIT: According to Alex Ballard’s Instagram story:
Alex Ballard: #19
Sachi Syme: #20

EDIT: Latest video on PAFCW social media
Ange Foley: #3
Britt Perry: #33
Abbey Dowrick: #5

Sarah Goodwin: #13
Justine Mules: #14
Julia Teakle: #15
Ella Boag: #17

Last edited:
A few guernsey numbers are in, according to their Instagram bios:

Erin Phillips: #22
Gemma Houghton: #27
Jacqueline Yorston: #6
Laquoiya Cockatoo-Motlap: #31
Litonya Cockatoo-Motlap: #30
Kate Surman: #26
Cheyenne Hammond: #28
Indy Tahau: #10
Liz McGrath: #29
The women's team is coming together nicely, numbers being given, I think it's great that we finally have a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the AFLW done this guernsey for the draft? It looks like a cheap replica one would buy on the streets…
Nah surely that's the guernsey.

Let's wait and see them wearing it, I think it looks a little funky in the picture because of the way she is holding it. I think when its on, the black part at the top will sit on the shoulders which means those lines will be at the very top of it. Might look really good, but hard to say yet.

Has the AFLW done this guernsey for the draft? It looks like a cheap replica one would buy on the streets…
Well, Cotton On are the suppliers for the AFLW (and it looks like their other ones), so I'd say this is pretty close to the final product

Yeah I don't mind them at all. Like the idea of one unified home guernsey, don't really then mind if we have the different clash guernseys to go with it. The teal edging on the shorts is nice too.

Now just throw in a set of the bars and we're golden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back