AFLW Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 6 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

This game gives us a good idea how far we are behind the best AFLW side(s).

The bulldogs game was a pretty good test. We lost by 2.7, just couldnt score when we dominated with the wind and I suspect the Bulldogs handled the 35 minute injury break, play for 2 or 3 minutes, then have a 20 minute half time break, better than our young squad did.

A magin of 5 goals or less will be a good sign we are going in the right direction. A 4.6 loss wont be anywhere as good as a 5.0 loss.

Our losses so far have been by;

WC 2.0
WB 2.7
GC 2.2

Last edited:

It's a shame there's such a large discrepancy between squad ability in the AFLW at this stage. Would've been nice to really take it up to them, but we realistically should be thrashed. Best thing to hope for is that we have 2-3 of these amazing burst quarters we've been having all in this one game. Cause it'll take that and more to pinch it.

Agree with the above though, at least we get a good gauge of where we are at. Would've been nice to hit this game without the key injuries we've suffered too.

I'd personally still like to see promotion and relegation and a 2 division structure to the AFLW personally. 8 games, maybe even 16 games against own div, 2x final series. Would really help generate a bit more interest. Top 4 play off in div 1, top 3 play off in div 2. Promote the Div 2 grand finalists, relegate the bottom 2 from div 1.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw her up close before the season opener, she's another who is very light and skinny. Hopefully she's got some wheels.

I remember her taking a strong contested mark in the practice match against Essendon and converting beautifully on her left foot.

She’s meant to be one of the more skilful ones.

I haven't followed the AFLW until this season, and for me the umpiring is the most disappointing aspect. It doesn't help promote the competition if it leaves fans in bewilderment or despair.

You've just got to accept that the umpiring is in a development phase, much like the league itself. It should be better but it's not so we have to learn to live with it for the time being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back