Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to imagine that Lukosius and/or Rankine join some shit club like Carlton or Gold Coast, then want out two years later and join Port
I’m pretty sure Rankine is a Crows fan sadly. Lukosius I’m not sure about but we’ve got Marshall atm so we should be good.

Never in Port's history had we lost a player that had gone elsewhere and forged a successful career. Of course they were different times pre-afl but Guerra and S Burgoyne are the only ones I know of now. The Guerra situation I always felt we pulled the trigger on him too quickly but I'm not critical of it. The S Burgoyne situation should never had occurred and it bothers me endlessly. The fault is shared in my view but our club was at it's most amateur level when SB left and it angers me how amateur we were. Clarkson saw the advantage. I'd like to think we'll pick off a real star from elsewhere in the near future.

Never in Port's history had we lost a player that had gone elsewhere and forged a successful career. Of course they were different times pre-afl but Guerra and S Burgoyne are the only ones I know of now. The Guerra situation I always felt we pulled the trigger on him too quickly but I'm not critical of it. The S Burgoyne situation should never had occurred and it bothers me endlessly. The fault is shared in my view but our club was at it's most amateur level when SB left and it angers me how amateur we were. Clarkson saw the advantage. I'd like to think we'll pick off a real star from elsewhere in the near future.
Tom Harley went ok!

No, Wilma Deering wore it better. Man that woman was one hell of a pubescent fantasy of mine.

I’ve had a serious thing for brightly coloured, tight fitting, satin disco pants ever since.

Clubs that have lost their last 4 games:
Gold Coast
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide.
One is clearly not like the other. One made finals last year (and also played in a Grand Final)
Something needs to change there fast, not that I want anything to :D

The Jnr Burger c*ck up was amateur hour by the turkeys who were running our club at the time, and when his father in law who was a Port stalwart advised him to leave, one can only imagine how bad things had become.

Unfortunately though I doubt the pain will stop there, his kids obviously have a sensational sporting pedigree and going by what I saw last night they look like rusted on Hawk's supporters already, so the chances of us getting them under the father/son rule is probably unlikely. :(

So, this morning, I went down this wikipedia rabbit hole, reading about a propaganda concept called "whataboutism"

It's defined as logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument
Whataboutism, lol.

An intellectually vapid concept invented by self-righteous pricks to justify their stone throwing and defend their glass houses.

I guess Jesus was the original exponent of whataboutism, when he said something like: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Tom Harley??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The decision to trade Guerra wasn’t solely based on football.

Whataboutism, lol.

An intellectually vapid concept invented by self-righteous pricks to justify their stone throwing and defend their glass houses.

I guess Jesus was the original exponent of whataboutism, when he said something like: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
Was he fishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back