port melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Dingster said:
So Harvey didn't make it into the side, even though there was a place available. Fair sign of where he's at.

It will go 12/10 next week, surely. A few Port blokes were crap today.

Jones will come back. Who else is eligible?

NorthBhoy said:
I went along.

Shore - IMO, our next proper FF option. Super fast, good hands and despite a weird action, an excellent kick for goal. Plays FF smartly ie leads late rather than early, clears space well etc etc. Good display. Might just save him from the delisting he would recieve should some on here have their way :rolleyes: .

A few Port players are not up to senior VFL finals though IMO.

If Shore can work on the slight stutter he has when taking a set shot and kicks through the ball he will be a terrific forward.

Interested to see who you thought weren't up to scratch on the list. I thought perhaps Pitt was lucky to hold his spot in the side as he seemed to have trouble getting into the game.

onslaught said:
If Shore can work on the slight stutter he has when taking a set shot and kicks through the ball he will be a terrific forward.

Interested to see who you thought weren't up to scratch on the list. I thought perhaps Pitt was lucky to hold his spot in the side as he seemed to have trouble getting into the game.

Pitt and Gill have great qualities. Unfortunately, neither are good kicks and both are flighty. I would keep them in the side all the time because they are versatile.

The blond kid is only ok. He did a few good things though. Number 14 (drawing blanks on his name) was out of depth a few times. Crotchett was very quite.

Who else is eligible from North?

#14 is Ryan 'Shooter' McMahon, has had a strange year, been in and out of the side a fair bit this year, whereas last season was one of the core group. Its probably just a good reflection on the depth in the side that he is not an automatic pick... might just be struggling to adjust to that change. Quality footballer when at his best though.

11 Roos listed players...with up to 4 possible additions for the Preliminary final..Chad Jones should be back as would John Baird. Trotter and McIntosh might both be back from injury, so thats interesting as to who the 12 are in Ports side... Who would miss out? Does Shayne Clayton miss out because they want to give more chances to the younger guys? Its a real selection dilemma.

On the Port side, its also tough with the reserves not playing this week, it's hard for those players to put their name in front of selectors. I'll be going along to Ports game against Nth Ballarat next week, so I'll mention who does well there.

Quick question for those that see more AFL footy than me.. Ben Finnin, if he played senior footy for Geelong last year, how many games did he play? He has been a consistent peformer for Ports two's but hasnt cracked it for a game yet.

onslaught said:
11 Roos listed players...with up to 4 possible additions for the Preliminary final..Chad Jones should be back as would John Baird. Trotter and McIntosh might both be back from injury, so thats interesting as to who the 12 are in Ports side... Who would miss out? Does Shayne Clayton miss out because they want to give more chances to the younger guys? Its a real selection dilemma.

Huge call for Fitzgerald.

Jones will come in because he can play in the ruck. Baird is a good VFL footballer, but if North have a say, I would bet my life that we would rather Perry play as he will be on our list next year. Baird will not.

Trotter and Hamish are in Port's best 18, but will probably need to sit out.

Good problem to have I suppose.

onslaught said:
#14 is Ryan 'Shooter' McMahon, has had a strange year, been in and out of the side a fair bit this year, whereas last season was one of the core group. Its probably just a good reflection on the depth in the side that he is not an automatic pick... might just be struggling to adjust to that change. Quality footballer when at his best though.

On the Port side, its also tough with the reserves not playing this week, it's hard for those players to put their name in front of selectors. I'll be going along to Ports game against Nth Ballarat next week, so I'll mention who does well there.

Quick question for those that see more AFL footy than me.. Ben Finnin, if he played senior footy for Geelong last year, how many games did he play? He has been a consistent peformer for Ports two's but hasnt cracked it for a game yet.

Ben Finnin didnt play a game for the Cats last year Onslaught however played 15 or 16 for VFL side including a final.
I think we were both correct in our assesment mid year about Joel Perry still a long way to go but has a lot of athletic ability and is no dumby.
Can you tell me how Tomy Hooker is going i know that he was injured during the year, he just needs a bit of luck, the kid can play.

Jezza is stiff - he is good enough - he should wear No 10 next year (big call I know). If he is traded or delisted I will demand a drug test from Laidley

Onslaught, I was sitting next to Ben's parents last week when he was taken off to hospital and his Mum said that he had a depressed fracure of his collarbone and that he had to be operated on, so unless it wasn't as bad as first thought I would be surprised if he played this week.

kangafruity said:
Onslaught, I was sitting next to Ben's parents last week when he was taken off to hospital and his Mum said that he had a depressed fracure of his collarbone and that he had to be operated on, so unless it wasn't as bad as first thought I would be surprised if he played this week.

Thanks for that. If thats the case I guess thats the season.. Collarbones would be about 6-8 weeks. I don't think he was wearing a sling, so hopefully its not as bad as first thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

port melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back