Port new cometition leaders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Porthos
I'm looking forward to PA1870's pompous thread now that we've gone top. Always good for a laugh :D

Pompous!!! Pompous !!!!!

Yeah right oh gracious one !...

How can you say anything pompous after beating a side like that.....I mean it was like Woodville in the old days..

Regards

PA1870;) ;) :D

Originally posted by Port Adelaide 1870
Pompous!!! Pompous !!!!!

Yeah right oh gracious one !...

How can you say anything pompous after beating a side like that.....I mean it was like Woodville in the old days..

Regards

PA1870;) ;) :D

Aaaah...good old Woodville.

Shucks, I was hoping for one of those patented Top of SANFL, now Top of AFL - destiny being fulfilled kind of threads. Say it and it won't come, I guess :D

We'll never ,stop, stop, stop, till we're top, top, top.

:D :D

PA1870

port on top - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY WORST NIGHTMARW HAS COME TRUE!!! :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by roostersgal4eva

port on top - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY WORST NIGHTMARW HAS COME TRUE!!! :eek: :eek:
The worst nightmare is the ferals winning a Premiership. If that happens I will have proof that the forces of darkness rule the world.

;)

No worries, we'll be set to take it off you again come round 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Docker_Brat

The worst nightmare is the ferals winning a Premiership. If that happens I will have proof that the forces of darkness rule the world.

;)

agreed - if there is a footy god then there will never be a port premership!

besides let them have it - brisbane will end up winning the flag anyway!

Originally posted by roostersgal4eva

agreed - if there is a footy god then there will never be a port premership!

besides let them have it - brisbane will end up winning the flag anyway!
If Port finish top, the chances of Brisbane winning the flag descend markedly as they may have to play Collingwood or Essendon in a "home" Prelim at the MCG.

Not to say they couldn't win it, but I know where I'd rather play the game.

Destiny is being fulfilled..porthos, no need for all the facts.

:D :D :D

PA1870

Wowee counting chickens aren't we? This isnt some tin pot hack comp like the SANFL, its the AFL, and you are up against the big boys, halfway through a season and you think you have won a flag. You may be in for a bit of a reality check little ones from the provincials.
Oh BTW dont get offended, I quite like Port and if the Saints dont win the flag (which everyone acknowledges they still have a great chance to;) ) I'm hoping for Port to win.
I love a club with tradition and a winning ethos and are a real club, not like these made up clubs like the crows and Eagles with no history.

Originally posted by Joffaboy

Wowee counting chickens aren't we? This isnt some tin pot hack comp like the SANFL, its the AFL, and you are up against the big boys, halfway through a season and you think you have won a flag. You may be in for a bit of a reality check little ones from the provincials.
Oh BTW dont get offended, I quite like Port and if the Saints dont win the flag (which everyone acknowledges they still have a great chance to;) ) I'm hoping for Port to win.
I love a club with tradition and a winning ethos and are a real club, not like these made up clubs like the crows and Eagles with no history.

No chickens at all Joffa boy....I never mentioned the word Flag Nor was I referring to a tin pot pre AFL , VFL suburban hack comp either ?

I'm certainly not offended, its just that Its nice to have Port back at the top or near the top of the ladder, a place All Port supporters have lived with for Generation after Generation, whether it was in the Old SANFL/ former VFL equivalent league or the New National league that all the former VFL clubs like Collingwood find themselves in as well, Yes..The saints are Playing with the big boys now too....The big boys are in the AFL now....

Goooooo Port Adelaide !!!

BTW, thanks for your thoughts..

PA1870

the Old SANFL/ former VFL equivalent league

That is the funniest thing I have read on bigfooty this year. Almost as funny as hearing one of the Williams brothers proclaiming Port Adelaide the most successfull footy club in Australia because they had won six successive premierships
Poor old St.George winning 10 in a row didn't count apparently.

"former VFL equivalent" lolololololololololo hahahahahahahaha
ROTFLMAO.
Stop it PA 1870 I'm gunna be sick with mirth. Equilavent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh God!

PA1870,

Must you ALWAYS persist with saying "former VFL equivalent league" after the acronym SANFL is mentioned? Your attempts to subtlely infest people's minds is mind-boggling. You say it whenever you mention the acronym SANFL. For example: "I went to watch the SANFL/former VFL equivalent league today, and it was a good match." :rolleyes:

For over two years you have failed to get the message.

Please stop it.

Originally posted by Dan26
PA1870,

Must you ALWAYS persist with saying "former VFL equivalent league" after the acronym SANFL is mentioned? Your attempts to subtlely infest people's minds is mind-boggling. You say it whenever you mention the words SANFL. For example: "I went to watch the SANFL/former VFL equivalent league today, and it was a good match."

For over two years you have failed to get the message.

Please stop it.
I'm sure he'll let you know when you're made king, Dan.

Originally posted by Joffaboy
Poor old St.George winning 10 in a row didn't count apparently.!

St.George won 11 in a row actually.

And as for success, it can only be jugded for each individual competition. It is ridiculous, for example to say that the NSW Sheffield Shield team (with 45 titles) is more successful than the SANFL Port Adelaide, with 34 flags. They are totally different competitions with different variables.

It is ridiculous to say that Port Adelaide's 34 SANFL flags are more successful than Collingwood 14 VFL-AFL flags, because you CANNOT compare the two - they are different competitions.

You can only compare teams in the same competiton. Essendon's 16 VFL-AFL premierships can only be compared to the other teams who have been part of VFL-AFL history. If Norwood, for example, were to go on and win their 28th SANFL flag this year, it would have no relevance to Essendon, and there would be no basis for comparison. You can't compare youself to a team that is in a different competition. The SANFL teams only have to compete against 8 opponents. Mathematically it is easier to win.

As for comparing the standard of the VFL to the SANFL, the VFL - due to population - had more depth, proved by the fact that the VFL used to consistently defeat the SANFL and WAFL when the leagues met before true state of origin was born. But the SANFL was a strong league, and some of the teams were definately capable of betaing VFL sides, which they did on occasions. South Australia is a strong football state and was capable of matching it with the Vics. But overall, the VFL was stronger ON AVERAGE. There is no doubt about that.

Dan26,

why must you everytime PA1870 posts "former VFL equivalent league" reply with "you can't compare across leagues", before going on to compare across leagues "mathematically it is harder in the VFL"

I have been posting here for 2 years and you do not seem to get the point.

Please stop it.

Vindaloo Mat

Originally posted by Vindaloo Mat
Dan26,

why must you everytime PA1870 posts "former VFL equivalent league" reply with "you can't compare across leagues", before going on to compare across leagues "mathematically it is harder in the VFL"

That's exactly why you can't comapre them, hence my illustration. The number of teams and the variables and circumstances are different.

It's like saying Celtic are more successful than Liverpool because Celtic have won more domestic titles. You can't compare them.

Originally posted by Dan26

That's exactly why you can't comapre them, hence my illustration. The number of teams and the variables and circumstances are different.

It's like saying Celtic are more successful than Liverpool because Celtic have won more domestic titles. You can't compare them.

But if we use stats like you always seem to Port Adelaide Football Club are more successful................

:D :D :D

The former suburban parochial melbourne based competition (formerVFL), whos clubs formed the largest part of OUR national league...doesnt compare to the AFL either.
:D :D :D :D

PA1870

p.s. Dan26 ....everyone compare clubs in all leagues in every code, everyday, everywhere in the World. It happens, get over it.
Im allowed to compare, thats that and Im allowed to state my perspective...thats life, if you cant deal with it...leave.

regards

PA1870:D :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Port new cometition leaders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back