Port or Collingwood: which is the better club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Pred
Mark, I'm guessing you are a reasonably educated man. Must have done at least Stats 1H, right? The number of Port and Collingwood's head to head finals hardly constitutes a valid sample space from which to be trying to draw conclusions like those now, does it?
100%.
Ok factor in Ports all up finals record against VFL/AFL standard clubs. You would have won a few against that Essendon mob but it was just Collingwood we were transfering into the SANFL wasn't it? Or should I be talking the whole of the Victorian teams? Christ you blokes would have about 3 or 4 premierships in years where the only "VFL" team you met was Essendon. Imagine that. This thread would have been called:
Port or Suoth Melbourne: which is the better club?

And you'd be arguing with grayham about it.

Originally posted by MarkT
100%.
Ok factor in Ports all up finals record against VFL/AFL standard clubs. You would have won a few against that Essendon mob but it was just Collingwood we were transfering into the SANFL wasn't it? Or should I be talking the whole of the Victorian teams? Christ you blokes would have about 3 or 4 premierships in years where the only "VFL" team you met was Essendon. Imagine that. This thread would have been called:
Port or Suoth Melbourne: which is the better club?

And you'd be arguing with grayham about it.
Oh dear you really have lost it :)

Time to bail out of this thread methinks.

Buckley won the elite medal of both competitions.....
As reigning Magary Medalist he couldn't win Brisbane B&F nor Collingwood's the following year. Now after a decade of working at his game he won the Brownlow.
and the latter one was won in the AFL , which is clearly of a better standard than the current SANFL. Buckley has improved since joining Collingwood, but then again people have been saying for years he should have a Brownlow. So NUP, I say we sent you a champ, he has improved naturally with time, and is still a champ.
Buckley is a champ. No argument from me althought you'll get one from many a non Pies fan. he arrived a very complete footballer equipped to make himself a hell of a lot better as he needed to be. There is no comaprrison between the SANFL and the AFL just as their is none between the VFL (former VFA) and the AFL. Buckley isn't really a valid case study but hey I didn't throw that log on the fire I just stoked it.

Clearly my point has eluded you. Why keep recruiting them if they are.....as you say..... all crap?
To improve them and send them home better player so you blokes could keep beating teams that aren't Magpies silly. Sheesh, we even gave your coach a helping hand and then you sacked him for the son of a bloke who could coach.

I only hope we have better luck with Didak and Lokan, although they are from a different club aren't they?

i thought we were talking about the port adelaide football club, not the port adelaide magpies football club (established upon port's entry into the afl).

couldnt care about didick & locust actually.

Originally posted by captain ebert
i thought we were talking about the port adelaide football club, not the port adelaide magpies football club (established upon port's entry into the afl).

couldnt care about didick & locust actually.

Its amazing how you'll revert to semantics to try and justify the fact that you abandoned the Port Magpies and the SANFL, and have the cheek to try and tell us all you are the same entity.

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, you are a new club called Port Power, been in existance 7 years or so and have not won a single premiership.

You can wave all the documents you want saying you are 500 years old, but the truth is I'd not heard of Port power until 1996, I havent seen them win a premiership in the SANFL or the AFL.

Mind you I have seen the Port Magpies win a few,but you don't want anything to do with them do you?

Oh dear you really have lost it :)

Time to bail out of this thread methinks.
That happened a couple of pages ago when Vindaloo Mat performed some rather neat surgery. MarkT hasn't been the same since, its not often you see him go a bit funny like he seems to have now.

Originally posted by FuManchu
Its amazing how you'll revert to semantics to try and justify the fact that you abandoned the Port Magpies and the SANFL, and have the cheek to try and tell us all you are the same entity.

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, you are a new club called Port Power, been in existance 7 years or so and have not won a single premiership.

You can wave all the documents you want saying you are 500 years old, but the truth is I'd not heard of Port power until 1996, I havent seen them win a premiership in the SANFL or the AFL.

Mind you I have seen the Port Magpies win a few,but you don't want anything to do with them do you?

well if you had not heard of them then they surely must not have existed then ! I had not heard of you until 5 minutes ago, which makes you just a figmant of your father's imagination. When you find out who he is I suggest you ask him about it ;)

Originally posted by Vindaloo Mat
well if you had not heard of them then they surely must not have existed then ! I had not heard of you until 5 minutes ago, which makes you just a figmant of your father's imagination. When you find out who he is I suggest you ask him about it ;)

When did you hear of Port Power?

BTW ask your mother who my father is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... There is no comaprrison between the SANFL and the AFL just as their is none between the VFL (former VFA) and the AFL. Buckley isn't really a valid case study but hey I didn't throw that log on the fire I just stoked it.
Just as there is no comparison between the former VFL and the current AFL.
The current top AFL teams would cream any old "champion" VFL side.
The old VFL sides were made up of Victorians and a few token, usually past their prime, interstaters. Now we have the cream of the crop from everywhere.

Originally posted by Vindaloo Mat
when did you hear of the Sydney Swans, or the AFL, or BHP Billiton, or The Artist Formally known as Prince, or the Fitzroy Gorilla's, or.....

is that you Uncle Frank ??? :eek:

Sydney Leeches-1981
AFL- 1989
BHP Billiton- 2000
The artist that will always be known as Poonce- I'm trying to forget
Fitzroy Gorillas- sometime in the 70's

Now little Mat, do understand that me and your mother are just friends;)

Originally posted by FuManchu
Sydney Leeches-1981
AFL- 1989
BHP Billiton- 2000
The artist that will always be known as Poonce- I'm trying to forget
Fitzroy Gorillas- sometime in the 70's

Now little Mat, do understand that me and your mother are just friends;)

that explains my third nipple and elongated chin then !

We can probably stop now. The St Kilda threads seem to have died down.

Originally posted by Fullarton Power
I never have. Anyone tell me who Port Power are please??

I went to many a game between 97 and 2000 and heard 30000+ fans cheer PORT POWER. I was one of them.
Maybe u arent a PAFC supporter? Your name is misleading.

Originally posted by Sturt2002
I went to many a game between 97 and 2000 and heard 30000+ fans cheer PORT POWER. I was one of them.
Maybe u arent a PAFC supporter? Your name is misleading.
Supporter and member of PAFC since early 70s. Port Power, as far as I recall, was a silly marketing thing that the club ditched years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port or Collingwood: which is the better club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back