Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:

Finishing 5th will lead to another wasted year. No way we're make a GF from there.
Hardly a waste. Nobody seriously expected us to contend this year, and finals experience will hold our boys in good stead when our windows really starts to open up next year and beyond.

That finishing place is likely dependent on Geelong beating us at home, which I'd have us favourites for.

I went through the entire fixture yesterday and I'd expect us to start as favourite in all remaining games. It is realistic we can go into finals from here undefeated. Just need big Sean to stay on the park.

That finishing place is likely dependent on Geelong beating us at home, which I'd have us favourites for.

I went through the entire fixture yesterday and I'd expect us to start as favourite in all remaining games. It is realistic we can go into finals from here undefeated. Just need big Sean to stay on the park.
We really are in a good position. We could faulter a bit and still make finals and not really do much but learn. We could also get on a run against decent teams with Home ground advantage against the better ones and gain a lot of confidence heading into the finals. This might propel us into having a decent crack at the whole thing. Top 2 sill on the table if we are good enough.

We can only drop 1 game to get in the top 4.

Last edited:

No chance we're favourites @GWS unless form lines change dramatically.

We'll only be favourites against the Bombers if they lose 1 of their next 2 and we win both fairly comfortably.

Finishing 5th will lead to another wasted year. No way we're make a GF from there.
At the start of the year you would have taken it. Don't forget our profile is not a premiership winning one from an age/games played perspective yet.
We are projecting nicely...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS will roll us. We need to win our home games and maybe pinch an away game (most likely Essendon).

We'll only be favourites against the Bombers if they lose 1 of their next 2 and we win both fairly comfortably.
i'm a little sus on the gws resurgence - great win against carlton but they apparently had two of the best pressure quarters for the year back to back to set that up, don't think that's sustainable. last week against richmond they had a worse xscore then them, not what i'd call convincing.

i'm a little sus on the gws resurgence - great win against carlton but they apparently had two of the best pressure quarters for the year back to back to set that up, don't think that's sustainable. last week against richmond they had a worse xscore then them, not what i'd call convincing.
I'm not saying we can't win, but we won't be favourites.

50/50 IMO. A lot of water to pass under the bridge till then though.

hopefully we win but gws % isn't harmed enough to fall under port or collingwood (am i doing it right Snuffaluphagus?)

Hardly a waste. Nobody seriously expected us to contend this year, and finals experience will hold our boys in good stead when our windows really starts to open up next year and beyond.
This year may turn out to be our "mock exams", prep for next year!
On the other hand...
We might just take the short cut and show them all up as pretenders!
If we have everyone on the park come September we can beat anyone, that's a proven fact!
But even now 2024 is not wasted.
Yokai!

Good. We're shit at that.

Get under that radar, motherhumper.

BTW this idea of this year being our mock exams prior to the real deal next year has reminded me of my TAE physics mock exam, when Mr Kemp asked the assembled students if they had any questions prior to starting and Slinky Witham raised his hand and asked if we were allowed to masturbate.

Presumably his preferred method for dealing with nerves. Or maybe something he always wanted permission for. Either way, a tad unexpected.

Good. We're shit at that.

Get under that radar, motherhumper.

BTW this idea of this year being our mock exams prior to the real deal next year has reminded me of my TAE physics mock exam, when Mr Kemp asked the assembled students if they had any questions prior to starting and Slinky Witham raised his hand and asked if we were allowed to masturbate.

Presumably his preferred method for dealing with nerves. Or maybe something he always wanted permission for. Either way, a tad unexpected.
Haha TAE, gives away our ages a bit. I wonder when they were last TAE?

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone else get the Roxette song, Joyride in their head when they read this thread?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mr Cheese was going to write some new lyrics for it.

Just had a thought...
I wonder if someone with some lyical prowess, could right a song about the death ride to the tune of Roxette Joyride?
Challenge accepted...

Give me a day or two, got to put together a presentation for SDD too.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back