Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Bulldogs v Carlton quite massive now, Bullies win and knock Collywood down another spot whilst simultaneously, if we've won it means we can elevate above the Baggy Ballsacks into 2nd..........oh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Big weekend and we're not even at Bernie's yet.........gotta get that big fat 'W' at Launceston first. Did we play there last time we beat the Hawks there in 2021?! I think it be so

They might throw in the towel if they lose to the Hawks next week.
I would go as far as to say they can not make finals if they lose next week. It's basically impossible. They would almost definitely need to win out

Bulldogs v Carlton quite massive now, Bullies win and knock Collywood down another spot whilst simultaneously, if we've won it means we can elevate above the Baggy Ballsacks into 2nd..........oh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Big weekend and we're not even at Bernie's yet.........gotta get that big fat 'W' at Launceston first. Did we play there last time we beat the Hawks there in 2021?! I think it be so
Yeah we smashed them, Fyfe's 200th.

Just had a thought...
I wonder if someone with some lyical prowess, could right a song about the death ride to the tune of Roxette Joyride?
Kind of close to what you are after, amirite sansan?

NAUGHTY LANGUAGE WARNING IN TEH CLIP BELOW

Yeah, I was getting confused with Blundstone Arena, just checked and apparently that's for North only. I thought they shared them and Hawks played there too; memory getting a bit foggier as age creeps in
The ground research checks are not helped by the various "corporate brand names" the AFL has bestowed on the ground the Hawks play at - 5 different "brand name partners" in 7 years.

Much better as just "York Park".

I love it when the ABC has to use the traditional ground names instead of just "whataburger Car Cleaning Foot Fungus Eradicator EasyGambleAlwaysNearlyWinBig Oval" or whatever "brand" of the day the AFL has applied to a particular location in return for a pouch of tainted corporate silver pieces.

The ground research checks are not helped by the various "corporate brand names" the AFL has bestowed on the ground the Hawks play at - 5 different "brand name partners" in 7 years.

Much better as just "York Park".

I love it when the ABC has to use the traditional ground names instead of just "whataburger Car Cleaning Foot Fungus Eradicator EasyGambleAlwaysNearlyWinBig Oval" or whatever "brand" of the day the AFL has applied to a particular location in return for a pouch of tainted corporate silver pieces.
shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie
No Way Wow GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Well they'll still be in it mathematically, but if the premiership players can't get up for it now, surely they'll not bother when 2 games from 8.
Can also look at it this way. With the run home Brisbane have, there is two spots left up for grabs. Chances of it being BOTH Port and Pies are zero. I'm doing it, I'm locking in at LEAST one top 10 and will be accepting apologies from all doubters

Can also look at it this way. With the run home Brisbane have, there is two spots left up for grabs. Chances of it being BOTH Port and Pies are zero. I'm doing it, I'm locking in at LEAST one top 10 and will be accepting apologies from all doubters
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Bombers are flaky enough to bottle it from here but it does seem at most 1 will play finals.

I think the Bombers are flaky enough to bottle it from here but it does seem at most 1 will play finals.
Nah, they've found enough in that midfield to be a genuine top 8 side, just not top 4 and Red Dot Scott is a coach that gets a decent amount out of most on the list. Lock em in for finals.

Nah, they've found enough in that midfield to be a genuine top 8 side, just not top 4 and Red Dot Scott is a coach that gets a decent amount out of most on the list. Lock em in for finals.
Yeah just checked their draw and it's made of pillows. Could easily win their next 3. Lock them in.

Pies can't afford to fall in a heap if they are out of the running for finals

They'll continue to try until the end (FWIW they have their softest 2 in the next 2, so will be going hard til the end anyway)

but yeah, they traded their F1 and F2 and they need to stay above Hawks as they own their F2

Pies have genuinely no reason to lose at all

Man it would've been good if the Richmond game was a round 24 for them, push the harder games forward

Pies can't afford to fall in a heap if they are out of the running for finals

They'll continue to try until the end (FWIW they have their softest 2 in the next 2, so will be going hard til the end anyway)

but yeah, they traded their F1 and F2 and they need to stay above Hawks as they own their F2

Pies have genuinely no reason to lose at all

Man it would've been good if the Richmond game was a round 24 for them, push the harder games forward

They have a path to the finals... not an easy one from here. And with the ladder so tight they are going to be playing teams who are all as motivated as they are. The sleepy start is coming back to bite them.

Pies really don't have a good record of getting value for their future first.

2015 traded pick 7, 65 and their future first for Treloar and 28. Future first ended up being pick 8 and Treloar played 5 seasons for the pies.
2018 traded pick 18, 56, and future first for Beams, pick 41 and 44. Future first ended up being pick 18 and Beams played 9 more games.
2020 traded future first for pick 24, 30, and a future 4th. Future first ended up being pick 3
2023 traded pick 34 and future first for Schultz. Future first ended up being ???

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back