Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
This from the Collingwood review thread:

I think we can finish 8th by winning just 3 games with the Dees being one of them with likely results falling our way but 4 would do it for sure. I just can't see us beating any sides other than the Tigers and Dees. The Hawks have been our nemesis for the past 50 years so maybe the Lions at the MCG might be the one if we can ressurect some GF pain. Looking grim though. Our fixture has been rough from Round 0, designed to keep us out of the Top 4 but injuries will do the rest.

I can't stop laughing... breathe..... How spoilt do you have to be to think that travelling out of Melbourne one more time through the rest of the season is 'rough... designed to keep us out of the top 4'.

This from the Collingwood review thread:

I think we can finish 8th by winning just 3 games with the Dees being one of them with likely results falling our way but 4 would do it for sure. I just can't see us beating any sides other than the Tigers and Dees. The Hawks have been our nemesis for the past 50 years so maybe the Lions at the MCG might be the one if we can ressurect some GF pain. Looking grim though. Our fixture has been rough from Round 0, designed to keep us out of the Top 4 but injuries will do the rest.

I can't stop laughing... breathe..... How spoilt do you have to be to think that travelling out of Melbourne one more time through the rest of the season is 'rough... designed to keep us out of the top 4'.

Victorian Age Comedy GIF by CBS

Pies really don't have a good record of getting value for their future first.

2015 traded pick 7, 65 and their future first for Treloar and 28. Future first ended up being pick 8 and Treloar played 5 seasons for the pies.
2018 traded pick 18, 56, and future first for Beams, pick 41 and 44. Future first ended up being pick 18 and Beams played 9 more games.
2020 traded future first for pick 24, 30, and a future 4th. Future first ended up being pick 3
2023 traded pick 34 and future first for Schultz. Future first ended up being ???
2023 pick 34 ended up being Cooper Simpson but we also used a future 3rd to move up the draft order to recruit Cooper. Currently the Shultz trade is basically Shultz and our 2024 third rounder for Cooper Simpson and Collingwoods 2024 1st rounder. In my opinion if Collingwoods 1st ends up a top 10 pick in a draft that looks to have a ton of class players in th early picks then the Shultz trade could go down as one of our best trades ever.

2023 pick 34 ended up being Cooper Simpson but we also used a future 3rd to move up the draft order to recruit Cooper. Currently the Shultz trade is basically Shultz and our 2024 third rounder for Cooper Simpson and Collingwoods 2024 1st rounder. In my opinion if Collingwoods 1st ends up a top 10 pick in a draft that looks to have a ton of class players in th early picks then the Shultz trade could go down as one of our best trades ever.

Weller for pick 2 is a high bar, but I like the trend!

Pies can't afford to fall in a heap if they are out of the running for finals

They'll continue to try until the end (FWIW they have their softest 2 in the next 2, so will be going hard til the end anyway)

but yeah, they traded their F1 and F2 and they need to stay above Hawks as they own their F2

Pies have genuinely no reason to lose at all

Man it would've been good if the Richmond game was a round 24 for them, push the harder games forward

It's not that they would try to lose, its that the players subconsciously don't go full tilt when there is nothing on the line.

At various times this season they've phoned it in even when top 4 was well alive and the players likely don't care about draft picks.

It's not that they would try to lose, its that the players subconsciously don't go full tilt when there is nothing on the line.

At various times this season they've phoned it in even when top 4 was well alive and the players likely don't care about draft picks.
It may be moot anyway now that McCrae’s style has been figured out. Just beat them with uncontested possession.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Stephen O'Reilly trade (same trade/draft period that brought in Pav). It netted picks 16 & 46 and he only played 12 games for Carlton due to injury. It was also a key factor in exposing the Blooz large scale cheating the salary cap.

Too much to hope the Pies completely fall off a cliff now and give us a top 6 pick?

Hawks v Pies game is huge. I think that can see the Hawks (who end with Richmond and Roos) jump them. Also might be needed for Dogs and Suns. Not sure I trust those teams to win more than 2-3 games each.

Question for the people doing ladder predictors... How low do you have Collingwood finishing? How good is out potential pick

Any Pies pick outside the finals is absolute gravy.
Port is the one to deathride hard.
If they both fall outside the finals that would be borderline insanity because most here would’ve had them top 4 and hoping they simply fell outside that.

I haven’t looked at the risers and fallers but at this stage are Pies, Port and Saints the largest combined fallers? Crazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best it can get is pick six. Need Hawks, Suns and Dogs to win one more game than the Pies do for the rest of the season with the Hawks percentage climbing.

Just hopefully not today

As much as we want it as early as possible, pick 7 or 8 would be an absolutely amazing result for a team challenging for top four.

Unfortunately I feel now Rozee is playing good footy again that Port might be less sh**e. They really in too few but those too few make them really dangerous at their best.

As much as we want it as early as possible, pick 7 or 8 would be an absolutely amazing result for a team challenging for top four.

Unfortunately I feel now Rozee is playing good footy again that Port might be less sh**e. They really in too few but those too few make them really dangerous at their best.
Gold Coast game is huge, it probably makes our game against them in the last round a battle to keep them out of the 8 if GC win

Nah, they've found enough in that midfield to be a genuine top 8 side, just not top 4 and Red Dot Scott is a coach that gets a decent amount out of most on the list. Lock em in for finals.
Thanks Snuff, 'Red Dot Scott' has now left me with my spat up morning coffee to clean up

Brilliant.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gold Coast game is huge, it probably makes our game against them in the last round a battle to keep them out of the 8 if GC win

Unfortunately their sixth atm. I feel like they’ve got to lose three or four to miss the eight tbh.

Gold Coast and us are games I won’t be tipping them at this stage, although a lot can change between now and Round 24. Having had a quick look their fixture it’s mostly games I can see them losing when not at their best but those games are mostly games I wouldn’t be shocked to see them win either.

Last edited:
Unfortunately their sixth imo. I feel like they’ve got to lose three or four to miss the eight tbh.

Gold Coast and us are games I won’t be tipping them at this stage, although a lot can change between now and Round 24. Having had a quick look their fixture it’s mostly games I can see them losing when not at their best but those games are mostly games I wouldn’t be shocked to see them win either.
Yeah, Saints not getting it done then Dogs not turning up really ****ed us. I think there has been an over reaction to them winning last week though. They got the shit version of the Dogs anyone can look good against.

They've had so many damn close wins, about time they had some go the other way to help us out. We are better all over the ground then them at the moment and I'll back us to best them when we play them.

I'm expecting Port to win tomorrow. But if you give the win to whichever team is higher on the ladder at that point we need:
Gold Coast, Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle to beat Port from here. (Wins: Richmond)
Hawks, Carlton, Sydney, Lions, Melbourne to beat the Pies from here. (Wins: Richmond)

Lands at Pick #6 (Pies) and Pick #8 (Port)

If Port beat Gold Coast then it changes to: Pick #6 (Pies) and Pick #10 (Port)

If Port lost to Gold Coast and Dogs beat Carlton, it changes to: Pick #6 and Pick #7 - and also puts Fremantle at 2nd on the ladder.

Your death ride agenda for today is cheering on the Dogs and Suns.

I'm expecting Port to win tomorrow. But if you give the win to whichever team is higher on the ladder at that point we need:
Gold Coast, Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle to beat Port from here. (Wins: Richmond)
Hawks, Carlton, Sydney, Lions, Melbourne to beat the Pies from here. (Wins: Richmond)

If Port lost to Gold Coast and Dogs beat Carlton, it changes to: Pick #6 and Pick #7 - and also puts Fremantle at 2nd on the ladder.

This all reminds me of the pies trade with gws in 2021 …. 24 & 30 for pies future 1st … that turned into pick 2 (Finn Callaghan).

This all reminds me of the pies trade with gws in 2021 …. 24 & 30 for pies future 1st … that turned into pick 2 (Finn Callaghan).

Good bit of business for the Gaints.

Important to reiterate that the Port pick, currently #13 was purchased with current pick #36 and one last season that was live in the draft at pick #32.

Pick #13 for Pick #32 and #36

And that pick #13 can get much better

Unfortunately their sixth imo. I feel like they’ve got to lose three or four to miss the eight tbh.

They need to win 2 of-Sydney at home, Carlton & Melbourne away to finish 6th
And don’t count out Adelaide beating them in the showdown. I reakon they finish 9th. But best case for the Death ride is 13th

That's huge, I'm about ready to jump back on their cooked. To make finals they have to get AT LEAST 4 wins from
Hawks, Richmond, Carlton, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.

They probably need 5 given their percentage isnt hot. If they lose to Hawks next week they are absolutely done

Death Ride and top 2/4!
It's almost too bally exciting!
YOKAI!

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back