Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
So you are saying we were unlucky to lose to Port. It didn't look that way to me. We looked like they left us sitting in the stalls (as did Essendon). They weren't lucky to score 4 goals in 4 minutes. They over-ran us as did Essendon and though i haven't seen it I gather Geelong did as well. The luck would've been a factor all through the game, not just at the end.
That's not how statistics work.

What you would say is that over the course of 5 close games, we are unlucky to not win any of them.

I'm almost 100% sure "close games" have been studied in multiple sports and the results are always that luck plays a major factor.

Ross Lyon is minus two flags because of it.

The Milne bounce and the Dawson punch which becomes the Scarlett toe poke.

Ross Lyon is minus two flags because of it.

The Milne bounce and the Dawson punch which becomes the Scarlett toe poke.
I disagree with that. Milne could have got that ball but he was just too mentally tired to put in the extra effort required. It's almost like he said "that's not fair". I did the same thing in a finance exam.

I disagree with that. Milne could have got that ball but he was just too mentally tired to put in the extra effort required. It's almost like he said "that's not fair". I did the same thing in a finance exam.
Man, now you're just being ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is precisely the point with close games.
No it isn't. Port kicked 4 goals in 4 minutes. That isn't luck but that was a close game. You might be able to go back through the whole game and do a tally of who was luckiest through the game but that is meaningless because that same luck tally would be in a game that wasn't close

Of course you can have a ridiculous opinion. I see them every 5 minutes reading nuffy supporters opinions of trade on the DTFA board
I have used that line myself in the past but decided not to use it anymore because it is very arrogant and would suggest that because I don't agree with someone then they must be wrong. Naughty.

I have used that line myself in the past but decided not to use it anymore because it is very arrogant and would suggest that because I don't agree with someone then they must be wrong. Naughty.
Nah, I'm very open to being wrong and try my best on most posts to not be completely dismissive or definitive but if you arent going to acknowledge the luck of the bounce with Milne than you're being stubborn at best.

Nah I'm with snuff and joao

Look at Blaise posts, it's genuinely incredible

That's a strawman though.

Ridiculous opinions, IMO, are ones that are demonstrably false. The Milne one is a long bow to me because I just don't believe he couldn't be bothered given the game and the situation, but I don't actually know so fair play.

It's not hard these days to find examples that are trivial to disprove.

Yeah, you need to check out some Blaisee on the Bolton and Baker threads if you don't think ridiculous opinions are a thing.
I have read some of them and the opinions have merit both ways. Some rate Baker, some don't. Some are concerned about Boltons demeanor (bit blase) and his inefficiency. Perfectly legit. I am pro Bolton anti Baker, and believe i have good reasons for my opinion based on what I have seen and doing the math on what Bolton brings.

The crazy part is I reckon he genuinely believes his opinions
He absolutely does, cooker of the highest order. Nothing would make me happier than to trade Bolton in for a single pick. I'd spam the thread saying it was overs and watch him explode

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back