Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
The crazy part is I reckon he genuinely believes his opinions
I can't figure him out. Like, is that a real person or a bot?

It's just such bizarre behaviour and I wonder how they could function in normal life. Mind you, lots of people would have vastly dissimilar real and online personas I suppose.

I have read some of them and the opinions have merit both ways. Some rate Baker, some don't. Some are concerned about Boltons demeanor (bit blase) and his inefficiency. Perfectly legit. I am pro Bolton anti Baker, and believe i have good reasons for my opinion based on what I have seen and doing the math on what Bolton brings.
Yes, but is two 10 picks and two second round picks what is going to be required to get the trade done for Bolton?

I have read some of them and the opinions have merit both ways. Some rate Baker, some don't. Some are concerned about Boltons demeanor (bit blase) and his inefficiency. Perfectly legit. I am pro Bolton anti Baker, and believe i have good reasons for my opinion based on what I have seen and doing the math on what Bolton brings.
Oh the general discourse between Freo and Tigers fans is pretty good. Much better than the average trade thread.

But that Blaisee, FMD.

That's a strawman though.

Ridiculous opinions, IMO, are ones that are demonstrably false. The Milne one is a long bow to me because I just don't believe he couldn't be bothered given the game and the situation, but I don't actually know so fair play.

It's not hard these days to find examples that are trivial to disprove.
I didn't say he couldn't be bothered. That was definitely not the case. I could certainly be bothered in the finance exam. It was just too much after everything else that had gone before.

I didn't say he couldn't be bothered. That was definitely not the case. I could certainly be bothered in the finance exam. It was just too much after everything else that had gone before.
"was just too mentally tired to put in the extra effort required"

Pretty close to a definition of "bothered", no?

In any case, the point I was making is that I don't believe that, given it was a tied GF, the only reason he didn't get to was because he physically couldn't because the bounce was erratic.

In any case, the point I was making is that I don't believe that, given it was a tied GF, the only reason he didn't get to was because he physically couldn't because the bounce was erratic.
That is nothing like that. I can only gather you have never been so overwhelmed that one more ask in the moment, is just too much.

That is nothing like that. I can only gather you have never been so overwhelmed that one more ask in the moment, is just too much.
Ok, if that's what you mean, I think everyone would have experienced that. But how did you diagnose that particular brain state based off that footage?

For me, that's an incredibly long bow when the much simpler explanation of, "the ball bounce was erratic and he quickly realised he couldn't reach it" is right there.

Ok, if that's what you mean, I think everyone would have experienced that. But how did you diagnose that particular brain state based off that footage?

For me, that's an incredibly long bow when the much simpler explanation of, "the ball bounce was erratic and he quickly realised he couldn't reach it" is right there.
It is just the way it looked to me. Rightly or wrongly You and most others saw it differently. Only he would know.

I wonder if he's ever been asked about it? Would be interesting to hear his take.
I'd like to know. The pressure playing in the Afl must be immense. I remember an online finance exam was so difficult that i put in a wrong answer, even though I knew it was wrong because my brain just wouldn't let me change it It was bizarre.

I'd like to know. The pressure playing in the Afl must be immense. I remember an online finance exam was so difficult that i put in a wrong answer, even though I knew it was wrong because my brain just wouldn't let me change it It was bizarre.
Pure guesswork as I don't know any AFL players, but I reckon exams are far more stressful for most people than a GF would be for an experienced player. A lot of muscle memory etc.

It's insane what exam conditions do to some people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you can have a ridiculous opinion. I see them every 5 minutes reading nuffy supporters opinions of trade on the DTFA board
Episode 18 Grunts GIF by The Simpsons

Well he would be more deserving of an extension than our coach atm. Ultimately, they are top two and we are doing our usual late year slide into football oblivion. Rate him or not, he is getting results and our guy has possibly fallen short again in exactly the same manner as previous years.
I dare you to post that on the port powder puffs board

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I recon you are both right. He looked at it and judged he was screwed and very tired to chase and dive at it for zero reason. If he was fresh, he probably does it anyway for no reason just to show everyone that it was futile.

Essendon win over Sydney would be good for the deathride. Pushes Collingwood down and Essendon should lose to Brisbane in the last round anyway.

Essendon win over Sydney would be good for the deathride. Pushes Collingwood down and Essendon should lose to Brisbane in the last round anyway.
Imagine if Carlton lose to West Coast and St Kilda then we miss the eight because Brad Scott found a way to get a bottom four list into finals. That'd be disgusting!

Essendon out of the running for top 8 now, only Carlton or a miracle for the pies can knock us out.
I have wanted to deathride Essenscum for weeks now, can I please pleeeese pleeeese add them to the destination list on the deathride circuit now, please folks?

They won´t beat Brisbane though... and we have a superior percentage.

Weird results can happen… the percentage aspect does seem a bit too far though - 20-odd% is a lot.

I’m said what I’ve said about Essendon - All I’ll add (and I’ve said this before) their percentage is a better indication on the team they have than their ladder position.

Us letting them beat us is borderline unacceptable. We’ve played good footy at times this year - if we’d done so in one or two less games I’d want JL sacked after losing to them. Essendon is a bottom four list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back