Trickstar

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Tigers
We played a team that had only lost 3 out of 36 games or something like that.

Ellis, Murphy, Rioli, Williams all played close to their best games.

Mitchell was good, Lewis, Bateman and Sewel good.

Buddy, Williams, Brown and Roughie played well but a few misses cost us

We gave them four easy goals with our mistakes - can't afford to do that against a team like Geelong.

We made a few bad skill errors but that is pressure and they did as well.

We couldn't but a holding the ball free kick or a deliberate out of bounds.

Good experience for us and they could of blown us away but we were always in the game.

Very dissapointed though, I am concerned with our run home!

Buddy, Williams, Brown and Roughie played well but a few misses cost us

We gave them four easy goals with our mistakes - can't afford to do that against a team like Geelong.

We made a few bad skill errors but that is pressure and they did as well.

We couldn't but a holding the ball free kick or a deliberate out of bounds.

Good experience for us and they could of blown us away but we were always in the game.

Very dissapointed though, I am concerned with our run home!

Why call the thread "Positives", and then focus on the negatives? :confused:

I'm just happy with Franklin > Scarlett.

Good to see that we put on a fight against the team that smashed the dogs last weekend. I honestly think it's down to the cats and us.

We will beat the dogs with all of our players back in, and I can't see why we won't make the grand final because it seems like quite a few players found their form tonight.

Tuck? All due respect, but his performances over the last couple of weeks have been very disappointing. Just not noticed as much due to the class of our midfield.

Rioli absolutely fantastic, hard tackling and lots of hard running.
Game was there to be won, pity about Hodge's kicks (not blaming him, he's won us many matches too!).

Come finals time, i think we are a real shot.

young blokes in ellis, tuck, rioli, stokes all played well tonight.

both teams tonight had room for improvement, be it skills or guys that should have been in the side

Buddy owns Scarlett:thumbsu: If he had of kicked straight he would of made Scarlett look a hack.

Ellis was excellent, Changa improved markedly from last week,Murphy I thought was good,I think the twins did well in the ruck and pretty much controlled it in the air.

Loved the way they were on to the Joel Corey burst through at the bounce and tied him up.

Croady kept Mooney to bugger all.
Seweller and Mitch just keep going.

Proud of our boys, amazing game, reviewed each quater with Brown and Gold and Hawks 65, and it went from quiet to pure adrenalin by three quater time.

Oh by the way. Steve McBurney came through for us again:thumbsdown:

I'm just happy with Franklin > Scarlett.

Good to see that we put on a fight against the team that smashed the dogs last weekend. I honestly think it's down to the cats and us.

We will beat the dogs with all of our players back in, and I can't see why we won't make the grand final because it seems like quite a few players found their form tonight.

Hold on there a minute buddy, The situation is a little different to last weeks game, we were not missing 5 of our key players against the doggies, We also lost milburn before the game & then chapman, I really do feel if we had out team at full strength it wouldnt have been as close as is was tonight.

Everything thats been said about the young guys like Ellis, Rioli and Tuck I agree with. They all put in defining games, all three booked themselves tickets for the rest of the season and the finals in my opinion.

This might sound wierd, but I am really happy with the way we lost tonight. Don't mistake that for being happy with losing, gutted about that.

What a game, so happy I was there.

Hold on there a minute buddy, The situation is a little different to last weeks game, we were not missing 5 of our key players against the doggies, We also lost milburn before the game & then chapman, I really do feel if we had out team at full strength it wouldnt have been as close as is was tonight.

Yeah I'm not so sure about that, our replacement players did pretty well I thought, it's just guys like Jimmy and SJ that made the difference.

As for the hawkers...Rioli was fantastic - he is doing exactly what I want to see Varcoe doing.
Mitchell was great as you would expect and I wouldn't be too hard on Scarlett as there is not many backmen that can go with Buddy, he is too fast, too tall and never goes to ground - get his temper and kicking sorted out and he'll kick you a winning score every week.

Yeah I'm not so sure about that, our replacement players did pretty well I thought, it's just guys like Jimmy and SJ that made the difference.

As for the hawkers...Rioli was fantastic - he is doing exactly what I want to see Varcoe doing.
Mitchell was great as you would expect and I wouldn't be too hard on Scarlett as there is not many backmen that can go with Buddy, he is too fast, too tall and never goes to ground - get his temper and kicking sorted out and he'll kick you a winning score every week.

Maybe

All i was trying to say is, normally ling & ablett would contribute 3-4 goals between them in big game like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe

All i was trying to say is, normally ling & ablett would contribute 3-4 goals between them in big game like this.

And normally Shane Crawford and Stuart Dew provide experience and accuracy but you can only play the team that shows up.

Positives:

1. Rioli and Stokes - best tackling combo in the league, these guys HAVE to be among the first named for the rest of the season.

2. All of the young guys - HOW ****ING GOOD WERE THEY! Rioli, Stokes, Murphy, Tuck, Ellis. 17, 5, 24, 9 and 30 games each. (average 17 games each). Brillaint effort from all.

3. We STOPPED Geelong's run. The Geelong team's major weapon was stopped dead in its tracks tonight. Sure, blame players missing, whatever, but every time a cats player had the ball he was under the pump.

4. Geelong acted like they won a grand final - that shows you how much we pushed these guys.

5. Cyril's mark.

6. Bateman and Lewis hit some form. Yeah Changa turned over a goal with the deliberate OOB, but he opened up the game a fair bit.

7. William, another solid game, worked up the field when required.

8. Browny - legend. Just an animal in terms of attack on the footy. He played up forward in the elimation final last year. He is an absolute weapon.

9. Scarlett, Harley and Mackie weren't allowed to get all their cheap stats across the backline. That's a real pat on the back. (I think I've said this twice, but it's a tactical win. Great coaching.)

- We now know how tough Geelong is to beat and come our next meeting we will be more prepared.
- Our game showed where we need to improve.
- Cyril's confidence has been boosted.
- The team will work on their decision making.
- We can now learn from our mistakes and come back with a win next week!

(Oh and Stokes is back :D)

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back