Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
1. Schammer has just played a game that will ensure his delistment
2. Fyfe, Barlow, Clarke and Lower did not give up at all!
3. 32,000 fans rocked up for this!
4. Opportunities next week to give even more players a run.
5. Pav wasn't playing midfield
6. Players were going hard at te ball and we did quite well in the Cont.Possesions
7. Sandi ventured forward and did some damage
8. Anthony looked good in patches in the backline
9. Lower with 37 disposals which was more than Swan
10. Hill hits lot of the footy and is building confidence to take the game on.
11. Won clearances and contested possessions.
12. Under 100 point loss is a win ;)!

6. Players were going hard at te ball and we did quite well in the Cont.Possesions

Hey sep. I didn't get to watch or listen to the match.
How did JA perform? Is there hope he might be able to be in the best back six next year?

I agree with all of the above...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schammer was actually good, certainly much better than MJ, Hinkley, Shep, Sibbo, or Cowley.

Biggest positive was that all the flog posters on here who said they couldn't be bothered going along didn't go, thereby allowing us to sort out who the real true Freo fans and supporters are, as opposed to the wanna be band wagoner flogs that drifted in last year.

Sorry to intrude, but thought I would say Freo put up a good fight despite what the scoreboard says.

Injury permitting I am expecting Freo to be top 4 next year, some great young players coming through. I think playing Pav permanent forward next year once all those mids return will make a huge difference. You probably need one key forward & one key back to finish the list off.

Jack Anthony needs to stay in the backline - he started at the Pies as a backman and was compared to a James Clement type. We had a few injuries & he got thrown forward and managed to kick some goals. Has been pigeon holed as a forward ever since & its not his best go. Get him fit (as he did a good job on Dawes but ran out of puff at the end) and play him there all preseason and you have your Taz replacement.

quite a few positives, I reckon..

1. Great effort from the crowd - kept making noise right to the end.
2. our team stuck at it. sure the sting went out of the game, but seen Freo drop their bundle other times this year and was v/pleased that they kept working.
3. Thought Suban played his best game for a long time.
4. Anthony did well. It's easy to imagine it's been a tuff year for him, so was pleased to see him make a decent contribution. Hopefully he'll become the tall key position player we need...maybe even up forward in 2012.
5. Faulks was great up until his sickening collision. He doesn't try and do too much; just plays the percentages.
6. wasn't as excited as some others by Hill, but yes he got a bit more of the ball.
7. Clarke looks like he has a good chance of developing into an excellent player. That'd be a bonus. He's got great athleticism and Harv's experiment with him in the midfield is looking like a pretty good idea.
8. Lower was hard at it.
9. Tendai's disposal frequently disappoints, but he's very inexperienced at this level and I think it reasonable to think he'll get better at this aspect of his game. a very good recruit.
10. Schammer got to play a farewell game at Subi. I don't enjoy the hate that some of our players get on this board. He's played over 100 games for the dockers and seems to have kept working hard in the WAFL even when he was continually overlooked for selection. WOuld have been an injustice if they hadn't have given him a game. Good luck in the future schamma.
11. there's only one game to go.

Positive this week is i went not expecting much ofcourse hoping we still somehow stole a win.
So didnt get too angry an dissapointed at how bad we were going.

Good to see the majority putting in the required level of effort.
Skills let them down but all i ask is for them to give it a crack every game.

Biggest positives
I saw a small tweak to our gameplan, we actually looked to switch the play, unfortunately most switches went backwards first then sideways but atleast they were trying to do it.
Make it a quicker switch by not doing the small backwards kick an it will be good.

Hopefully Harvey learnt that real forwards are extremely important.
As good forwards mean your still dangerous even if the kick isnt perfect.
Our forwards require perfect kicks an plenty of space.

Good to see Palmer and Duffield in their preffered positions having their best games of the season. Granted they've had shit seasons, but still.

Also Suban played well. Hope he has a good pre-season and can show the comp what he's capable of.

Totally agree.

When Duffield plays down back he provides the skill and run to rebound out of our defence effectively. He pushes up hard and links the play. Through him the team attacks the corridor and switches play a lot better. Fine, his defensive attributes a little iffy, but not as iffy as him lost playing on the wing or as a half forward.

Suban plays with heart and passion. You can tell that he plays with pride and hates being beaten. He provides great spirit for the team and can lift the intensity of the team in a similar way to Ballas. His long kicking off the half backline is also a highlight.

I also thought a big positive was seeing Hill, Fyfe and Lower playing as the number one midfield combination for the night. Good signs for the future when you add Mundy, Morabito and Barlow (once he gets a full preseason).

Anthony and Faulks down back was awesome. Contributed well. Faulks does seem undersized to play at full back, more a third tall back men. Anthony kicking from the back line and contested marking was a highlight. I have much more confidence in our KPD stocks for the future than I did previously. I still believe we need to draft a classy KPD soon to replace Mcpharlin. Silvangi, Faulks and Anthony all seem good but I doubt they will ever develop to All-Australian quality.

I agree with Harvey. We are missing genuine pace. There was a lot of times that our players were run down or run away from too easily. Also, Collingwood also showed how much better they are at spreading away from the contests. Players like Lower, Barlow, Mundy, De Boer, Broughton, Crowley, Duffield, Pearce will never se your house on fire with pace.

For all those bagging Hinkley, I thought he played well. I reckon he has made the most of his limited opportunities this year. I think he definitely deserves to have another year. Plus in a shallow and compromised draft, better giving him another year and waiting to next year to delist.

I still have big question mark about Mzungu. His endeavour and running are excellent. However, his disposal and composure can be extremely poor. I haven't had the chance to see him play live, so I am not sure if this is because he runs him into the ground or not. Not believing the hype yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Positives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back