Review Positives

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell you what - if you could ever have a consecutive string of bounces go your way, Carlton had them in spades tonight. That goal that bounced under MJ and popped up perfectly... On the other side, Pav kept being worked under the ball. If he's being double teamed we need the guys to go the secondary option more often, and also back themselves to kick the goal rather than looking for the hand off. A few times we went backwards as a result of not taking the shot on goal.

Our defense is working well.
In fact I'd say Lyon is happy with the teams' progress after five rounds.
Clearly the focus is defense and that's happening. They killed us in the third quarter yet only scored three goals to our one. Would have been 10 to 1 last year.
If we'd kicked 15 goals instead of points we'd be discussing our premiership chances.
Wait and see this team in five more weeks- get excited!

I REALLY REALLY want Morabito in the team soon. His speed and long kicking would be very handy. But he isn't even playing WAFL this weekend.

The main positive is that we can match it with the best teams.

If we bring morabito in, he will be rubbish... the guy needs to play 6 good games at wafl league level before he is even considered in my opinion... Now im definitely not a morabito fan, but i dont want to see him get thrown in too early, play like rubbish, lose confidence and then have everyone on his back.... or even worse, get back early, adn then have another soft tissue injury

anyway... does anyone now think we are a top 6 side? our forwardline is the biggest joke the afl has ever seen, bar none

Ibbotson really impressed me. He reminded me of Glass in the final we played in Subi last year. Just always waiting back to take a mark and sweep it out of defense.

I thought both teams played poorly, and was an average game to watch, with most scoring opportunities being derived from opposition blunders than team's brilliance.

If we bring morabito in, he will be rubbish... the guy needs to play 6 good games at wafl league level before he is even considered in my opinion... Now im definitely not a morabito fan, but i dont want to see him get thrown in too early, play like rubbish, lose confidence and then have everyone on his back.... or even worse, get back early, adn then have another soft tissue injury

anyway... does anyone now think we are a top 6 side? our forwardline is the biggest joke the afl has ever seen, bar none

You are a fool.

Seeing as though this is a POSITIVES thread, I will stay positive.
Fact is, we didnt play that well and bounces didnt go our way (Thats footy), and came very close to winning.
If 5 or ten of those bounces went our way, we would have won. If our mids had kicked the goals that they usually would, we would have won.

Mz - Hill - Lach - all good. Cant wait for Morra to be back

Lyons game plan - I like, it keeps us in the game and ALWAYS has us with a chance to win, - just need to take our chances.

(Oh and Darling and Mitch Clarke would have been a positive for us if we had em in our team - Imagine them with Pav......)

Ibbo was very very solid tonight. He beat betts and yarran and his precision kicking was spot on out of defence.
Johnson wasn't beaten.. becoming a back line general
Pav was great in the middle? wtf?
Ryan killed the eye gouger
Yarran shouldn't have been hard to beat...he didn't play.

Other than that, you guys really should have won if you had just settled a bit when kicking for goal. From an opposition point of view, I am more worried when Bradley plays rather than Anthony as he works hard to provide opportunities and provides a bit more height to bring the ball to the ground where you have some talent available in Ballentine and some others who did not play last night. You're getting there even tho' a bit challenged as far as tall forwards on your list is concerned. Some really good players in the WAFL coming through.

I'd say we are thereabouts. We aren't in the league of a Hawthorn, West Coast or Carlton. But 4th to 8th is very open this season.

Why aren't we? I don't think we've played anywhere near our best footy and have lost 2 games by a total of 21 points.
We're in their ball park as the season rolls on, I think

- our final quarters have been solid all yr.
- I like the way mayne has clunked a few marks and been kicking straight particularly the last couple of weeks. Will be great for his confidence.
-ALL of the players that frustrated us last yr have played at least one solid game so far this yr I think. Duffield, Johnson, ibbo, mayne etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a fool.

Seeing as though this is a POSITIVES thread, I will stay positive.
Fact is, we didnt play that well and bounces didnt go our way (Thats footy), and came very close to winning.
If 5 or ten of those bounces went our way, we would have won. If our mids had kicked the goals that they usually would, we would have won.

Mz - Hill - Lach - all good. Cant wait for Morra to be back

Lyons game plan - I like, it keeps us in the game and ALWAYS has us with a chance to win, - just need to take our chances.

(Oh and Darling and Mitch Clarke would have been a positive for us if we had em in our team - Imagine them with Pav......)

All i was saying is that if we were to rush him back in early, with no confidence or form going in, he wont perform to his full capabilities :confused:

im not a morabito fan, i think he will be a B- player at best, however he is in our best 18 and I want him back, but not if he is still carrying an injury, or has no form behind him, he hasnt played in the afl for 18 months FFS

Winning the clearances against Murphy, Judd etc is a fairly notable statistic. Sandi needs to get smarter with his tap work.

Much to work on, but much to work with.

You're getting there even tho' a bit challenged as far as tall forwards on your list is concerned. Some really good players in the WAFL coming through.

Thats just what we need, some condescending comment from a west coast supporter

Mate, the biggest positive is that we are 3-2 and four of our five games have been against last years finalists, compared to one of your five after tomorrow. When you have played a few more teams that matter come back and patronise

For us that is the biggest positive, of the current top 7 sides on the ladder we are looking well placed:
WC won 4 or 5, 1/5 games vs 2011 top 8
SS won 4 or 5, 1/5
Carl won 4, 2/5
Ess won 4, 2/5
Adel won 3 or 4, 1/5
Fre won 3, 4/5
Coll won 3, 4/5

Things are OK girls and boys, at the start of the year most of us would have said 3-2 with 2 narrow losses was pretty good with our draw

Thats just what we need, some condescending comment from a west coast supporter

Mate, the biggest positive is that we are 3-2 and four of our five games have been against last years finalists, compared to one of your five after tomorrow. When you have played a few more teams that matter come back and patronise

For us that is the biggest positive, of the current top 7 sides on the ladder we are looking well placed:
WC won 4 or 5, 1/5 games vs 2011 top 8
SS won 4 or 5, 1/5
Carl won 4, 2/5
Ess won 4, 2/5
Adel won 3 or 4, 1/5
Fre won 3, 4/5
Coll won 3, 4/5

Things are OK girls and boys, at the start of the year most of us would have said 3-2 with 2 narrow losses was pretty good with our draw

Now thats a positive post

Throw in the fact we have a new coach, new gameplans and structures to learn things are ok.

I expected to really struggle first half of season coming to grips with new gameplan.

So with that in mind i will take 3 - 2
Could of been better though

Yarran shouldn't have been hard to beat...he didn't play.

Other than that, you guys really should have won if you had just settled a bit when kicking for goal. From an opposition point of view, I am more worried when Bradley plays rather than Anthony as he works hard to provide opportunities and provides a bit more height to bring the ball to the ground where you have some talent available in Ballentine and some others who did not play last night. You're getting there even tho' a bit challenged as far as tall forwards on your list is concerned. Some really 'good players in the WAFL coming through.

yea yea ok, just trying to point out that Ibbo played it well, really stifled any ball movement into the 50 and beat all of Carlton's 'brillant' forwards.
Speaking of which I still think Carlton is one of the most 'over-hyped' teams in the league. Pretty disappointing game from the 'premiership fancys'.

What the actual ****. Lost the game in the 3rd, by far our worst quarter last night :confused:
I think what he is trying to say is Carlton got the upper hand and we were definately on the back foot but we went into full on defensive zone and unlike in previous years when we were blitzed when a side got a run on this time we were able to stem the bleeding take stock and give ourselves a chance to get back into it and win the game,it was ugly but we nearly pulled it of

I think what he is trying to say is Carlton got the upper hand and we were definately on the back foot but we went into full on defensive zone and unlike in previous years when we were blitzed when a side got a run on this time we were able to stem the bleeding take stock and give ourselves a chance to get back into it and win the game,it was ugly but we nearly pulled it of

And what's wrong with defending the leak? Carlton are one of those sides that when they go fast breaks they can turn that into a 6 goal lead in 10 minutes. We gave ourselves a chance by using this tactic and really frustrated Carlton. Rather this than having the dockers of old crumble under the pressure and fall behind by 7 goals by 3/4 time.. Think this club has been around for far too long to realise it's time to leave the "entertainment" football that fails consistently week in week out and have a gameplan that will help us every week, against the best.

I think being 3 - 2 at this point with our draw is a positive in itself. With 1 of those losses being against the best team in the comp atm I'd say we are tracking very well.

I really think lower is vital to Lyon's style of Footy,we miss his real tough inside stoppage work.

I don't think we got to see much of Lower's inside work last year. I don't remember him being played on the ball many games last year. A couple maybe?

He is an inside ball winner based on SANFL (and WAFL, presumably). He also has great attack on the ball. Not a great kick of the ball, and not the best defensive runner around.

But he's injured unfortunately. A week or so away I think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Positives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back