Opinion Positives

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sandi can do that on a regular basis Im happy to say I was wrong, if its a once off performance then forget it. Enough said, I bleed purple and believe in whats best for the team. I would be happy with watever works for the team and as I said in another thread if Sandi can take a monster mark like that in the forward line and kick a goal then well done.

I must say though Im very happy with the Ross Lyon factor, makes u wonder how the Saints didnt win one!

You've done it now.

Just the attitude. Go out and win it, thump them. Instead of playing it safe and concentrating on beating Melbourne next week to snatch 8th spot, we went out and got a big win, and now are at least half a chance to finish 6th and earn a home final in our own right.

Zac Clarke, good game. Deserves another one to demonstrate he is hungry to play finals footy.

yeah, thought he was great. brought his WAFL form to the big league.

also, petrie and tarrant - zero goals. defence was enormous. we kept at them until we broke their spirit and they came apart. that's great football and for once we head to the end of the season with a wet sail and could do some damage in the finals.

Well done Freo. Was Very impressed with the efforts today and it's great to see some sustained form leading into the finals. Sandilands is a monster. To come back from 10 weeks off and belt maric and Goldstein in consecutive games. What a beast.

All the best with your finals. Hope you bundle out west coast. Will be cheering hard for the purple in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listened to the idiots on ABC radio previewing the game. Interviewed Prior and all they could ask him was what plans did Fremantle have that could possibly stop the brilliant North midfield
His reply: Maybe they should be a little bit worried about Fyfe, Hill, Mundy and Pearce
This is the positive for me - we have a midfield building week in week out into one other teams have to worry about. We will win at least one final.

We now have the second best defence.
Yep. Second only to Sydney, who play a similar style of game to us. I guess in time they may prove our yardstick, because we should be close to them if we're at the point we can start being a top tier premiership contender. Given we have conceded 100s more points, it suggests our defense still has to improve.

-Deboer's tackle on Furrito
-Sandi's tackle on Garlett
-the "constant grind" effect when our mids got going
-Sandi charging out taking big grabs and generally hammerbanging mofos that get in his way
-dangerous small forwards
-Fyfe, god bless his cotton socks. Love everything he does.
-Best game ive ever seen Ibbo play
-McPharlin towelling Petrie, towelling the absolute shit out of him. Towelled him like a towelling inferno. Yep.
-Deboer patrolling the centre and half forward lines for something to smash.
-Dawson's handballing. Nah gags.
-Suban proving himself a useful sub.

Our midfield really dominated today and Sandilands was just superb. Just need to inject a bit more pace from stoppages and we are going to be a seriously good side.

Got just the man for the job,mora.Hopefully mora can make a full recovery.
Mora IMO will be such a weapon too add to our developing on-ball brigade.

Positives -sandi.midfield.our back six.ballas & Walters.

Biggest positive for me which is a first time event:Ballantyne playing a great game in the East.

His effort was amazing and i thought he might burn out quickly with the amount of chasing he did off the ball in the first half. Must have a huge tank now to compete across 4 qtrs and confidence is at an all time high!

1. The WHOLE team worked together for four quarters. Maybe the third time all yr we've done this ( richmond away and wc game the other 2)
2. Our sphincter like defence.
3. Ballas! Gee whiz! His pressure effected so many passages of turnovers and goals. Perhaps his best away game?

Fantastic game by Freo.

Really seeing a lot of Ross´s work coming to the fore now.

In defence, we have never worked so well together. As pointed out by Tim Watson in commentary, we were brilliant at putting body on the forwards and edging them out of position time and time again. Then guys like Spurr and Ibbo would float in for the mark or spoil.

Atley has been fantastic for North during their run. At 3/Q time Ross let slip that one of the things he had instructed the forwards was in regards to their structuring and on trying to drag Atley further away. Ross seems to be huge on shutting down opposition run from their defence/our forward line. Mind you he has some players down there who are great at these roles - Mayne, Ballas and De Boer.

Once again our spread was fantastic, as was the speed with which we got numbers back to shut down the Roos. They hardly had any quick transition into their forward line which made Mcpharlin´s job a hell of a lot easier as he had several other guys around to help most of the time.

We are starting to make full use of Sandi´s dominance. Won the clearances again. Best thing though was the quality of the ball coming out of the clearances.

Crowley shut down Boomer, particularly after half time. Once again, Ross went with a tag on their most attacking/damaging player.

I think the most pleasing aspect of the last 10 weeks or so is that we are seeing fantastic TEAM efforts. Rather than relying on a few to get us over the line. Mind you this is also due to our great depth also. However the better depth can also be put down to Ross getting more out of the likes of Pearce, Walters, Johnston, Mcphee and Co.

Kudos to Walters. Guy is all class.

Hill was fantastic today. Ball use was sublime.

Mundy, Barlow back to their best.

Sandi was immense.

Negative: Brad Scott, blaming the fact that Gold Coast beat Carlton last night for the fact his players lost today. WTF??? Moron still has never beaten Lyon, why not talk about that.

I listened to the idiots on ABC radio previewing the game. Interviewed Prior and all they could ask him was what plans did Fremantle have that could possibly stop the brilliant North midfield
His reply: Maybe they should be a little bit worried about Fyfe, Hill, Mundy and Pearce
This is the positive for me - we have a midfield building week in week out into one other teams have to worry about. We will win at least one final.

Very good point. I think the greatest positive is a general reflection on what is happening to Freo. Many of our non-A grade players are stepping up and becoming consistent, week in and week out. Barlow, De Boer, Clarke, Hill, Mayne, Pearce, Creepy, Johnson etc. This hasn't happened for a long time (if ever - maybe 2006), and it reminds me of the way Collingwood blossomed once its middle tier players stepped up and started to play consistently well. That's what lays the foundations for sustained success. 22 players regularly putting in 7/10 or 8/10 performances is far better than a team with 2 or 3 A graders and a hot or cold middle tier of players.

Very good point. I think the greatest positive is a general reflection on what is happening to Freo. Many of our non-A grade players are stepping up and becoming consistent, week in and week out. Barlow, De Boer, Clarke, Hill, Mayne, Pearce, Creepy, Johnson etc. This hasn't happened for a long time (if ever - maybe 2006), and it reminds me of the way Collingwood blossomed once its middle tier players stepped up and started to play consistently well. That's what lays the foundations for sustained success. 22 players regularly putting in 7/10 or 8/10 performances is far better than a team with 2 or 3 A graders and a hot or cold middle tier of players.

Wow Hill not an A grade player? He is the very definition of an A grade Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Positives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back