News Possible change in captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I'm not fine with our #1 key forward being Captain.
As much as I LOVE Lynch.
Hard enough to kick goals when the pressure is on.. Let alone Captaining your team and putting all that extra pressure on yourself to win the game for your team.
Much rather it go to a work horse like Swallow

Personally I'm not fine with our #1 key forward being Captain.
As much as I LOVE Lynch.
Hard enough to kick goals when the pressure is on.. Let alone Captaining your team and putting all that extra pressure on yourself to win the game for your team.
Much rather it go to a work horse like Swallow
From memory the only game we won last year after Ablett went down was captained by Lynch and he kicked 4 goals

1 week is a bit different to seasons on end..
Our maiden finals appearance etc.
This is true, but there's no evidence to say he couldn't handle the pressure. But too me its not even worth talking about, to do so would actually mean Barrett's opinion is worth a anything.

Don't think anyone other then malceski or risch should be captain - Haven't seen enough from anyone else to suggest theyre a worthy option. And if its out of those two or GAJ, I'd stay with GAJ.

I think he has enough runs on the board to excuse 4 poor games.. Still has a season to find form. Comes from possibly the strongest culture in the league.

Bizarre if this is true , seems Risca has taken on the duties of leader of the club without having the title . He's been our best player so far this season our Psuedo captain and has'nt been offered a contract for next season yet , weird times.

Barrett now taking pot spots at Gazza
He is going hard on this
ASADA Essendon scandal over needs something else to gossip about
Caro in on it as well

I think Gazza has been an excellent captain
Remember the Suns list is full of kids
Gazza has had the toughest captaincy job ever
Gazza sets the example on & off the field
But at the moment due to injury is unable to do so
I can't wait until Ablett comes back and proves all of the doubters wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lots of these blokes should've never gone into the media after their playing careers were over. Just losing respect for a lot of them. J. Brown another, accuses our young fellas of behaving like rock stars. I can remember him at the Lions as a youngster strutting around like Mick Jagger. All those hits to the head must've caused memory loss.

Don't think anyone other then malceski or risch should be captain - Haven't seen enough from anyone else to suggest theyre a worthy option. And if its out of those two or GAJ, I'd stay with GAJ.
I still recall Malceski in the St Kilda game making one woeful error after another and then at half time pointing fingers and giving everyone a massive spray.

I'd be going for Rischitelli.

lots of these blokes should've never gone into the media after their playing careers were over. Just losing respect for a lot of them. J. Brown another, accuses our young fellas of behaving like rock stars. I can remember him at the Lions as a youngster strutting around like Mick Jagger. All those hits to the head must've caused memory loss.

To be fair he was more than entitled act like a rock star winning premiership after premiership :D
Even before that with his father being a decent VFL player, apple not falling far from the tree etc.

But yes G.Lyon's opinion is worth as much as used toilet paper.

Watching Touk play only his 6th game.. And the way he plays
And seeing his interviews... The way he speaks about the team and himself.
And I'm thinking he does more interviews then any other player this year. He has future captain all over him.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2015-05-09/suns-raw-touk-miller
It makes me really happy to see him love life on the GC so much. Even happier when I heard him say that he wasn't expecting to play in the midfield until his third year (meaning he's already thinking of his next contract at the Suns!!).

Definite captain material written all over him.

So the captaincy has been handed over to Lynch and May, albeit a little over 12 months after this story broke. Should be interesting to see how they go when compared to Gary's tenure.

It's also great to see an Indigenous player leading the club as captain and an Indigenous woman on the board of directors now (Samantha Riley). On top of that, it is believed that Ryan James will receive the Gold Coast Titans' captaincy in the coming months so there will be quite a bit of Indigenous representation on the GC next year. Great to see :thumbsu:

Ben owned this topic eighteen months ago.

Honest opinion: love GAJ, has done everything right by the club during his tenure. It's a bit disheartening that he's facing as much vitriol from the media as he is. His injury was what ultimately stuffed him (he's a captain that leads by example, pretty difficult to do when you're side-lined or trying to play with a botched fix-up), but it was definitely time to give the mantle to our emerging leaders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back